991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of doing a bad thing...

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2019 | 04:02 AM
Psorcery
Banned

[QUOTE=stealthpilot;15729307][quote=Psorcery]The toyota tops out at 115.. Whats the fastest Model 3 top out at? I bet it's not enough. With the GTS it would be the other way around.. On the highway that Model 3 had a mediocre pull

Model 3 Performance 162 mph.

https://youtu.be/xz5mV0Y1804
We both know a 991.2 C2S can outsprint a Model 3 to 60.. I get the point of the video, but we watched a GT2 RS sprint 100 feet down a dock(on cold tires).. Come on now. Either way when you're making a video like that it's mainly to draw attention and I wouldn't be surprised if the results were purposely tipped in the Model 3's direction. The RS is rated nearly a second faster to 60.

Please show me the Model 3 struggling to hit 160mph. It's got no ***** on the highway other than a 5-10mph oomph jolt.

One thing to be a fan boy.. One thing to bench race... One thing to be ignorant.
Old 03-26-2019 | 11:25 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=Psorcery;15729356][QUOTE=stealthpilot;15729307]
Originally Posted by Psorcery
The toyota tops out at 115.. Whats the fastest Model 3 top out at? I bet it's not enough. With the GTS it would be the other way around.. On the highway that Model 3 had a mediocre pull

We both know a 991.2 C2S can outsprint a Model 3 to 60.. I get the point of the video, but we watched a GT2 RS sprint 100 feet down a dock(on cold tires).. Come on now. Either way when you're making a video like that it's mainly to draw attention and I wouldn't be surprised if the results were purposely tipped in the Model 3's direction. The RS is rated nearly a second faster to 60.

Please show me the Model 3 struggling to hit 160mph. It's got no ***** on the highway other than a 5-10mph oomph jolt.

One thing to be a fan boy.. One thing to bench race... One thing to be ignorant.
Teslas, and most all EV's, have no gearbox. They are direct drive with reduction gears. They can do this because the motors can spin up to 15k RPM plus.

At speeds over 100 MPH acceleration starts to signifiantly taper off. One of the drawbacks of any EV. Under 100, the car is extremely quick to change speeds. Car and Driver tested the Model 3 Performance 50-70 in 2.0 sec. They tested the 991.2 GTS PDK in 50-70 in 2.5 seconds. The Model 3 beats the GTS by 0.1 5-60 MPH at 3.7 vs. 3.8. Make no doubt, the cars are quick. Also, Teslas are speed limited depending on the model. Mine is limited to 145.

Regardless, my days of f*cking with other cars at 100 plus MPH are long, long gone. I would have let you go and not picked a fight, whether my car was capable of taking you or not. It's simply not worth it. No need to ruin my life and kill someone over red mist.
Old 03-26-2019 | 11:29 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CCDD
Attempting to compare a 911 to a Tesla is like asking if one would rather sleep with a beautiful woman that’s good in bed or an ugly fat woman that’s great in bed. For me, I would never even think of the latter therefore, I’ll stick with my Porsche and smile each and every day I “drive” her.
That's why I have my 911 as my side piece...
Old 03-26-2019 | 05:07 PM
ddolbi
Instructor

Some Porsche owners are as clueless and brash as some Tesla owners. I said to my wife weakest point of Tesla ownership is it's owners but Porsche owners are not much better. And unfortunately I own both. Car forums are not for friendly discussion for sure.
Old 03-26-2019 | 05:11 PM
crashedsnow
Advanced

Originally Posted by ddolbi
Some Porsche owners are as clueless and brash as some Tesla owners. I said to my wife weakest point of Tesla ownership is it's owners but Porsche owners are not much better. And unfortunately I own both. Car forums are not for friendly discussion for sure.
If this were a Tesla forum, it might be more likely that people would be pro-Tesla.
Old 03-26-2019 | 05:42 PM
fastforddriver
Instructor

My car thinks Tesla cars taste like chicken.
Old 03-26-2019 | 05:45 PM
911seeker
Pro

Originally Posted by DerekS
Lots of good points folks!

I’ll try and hold out at least until the Taycan launches.
It is certainly the new "must"... I have witnessed it with my colleagues... Don't try to resist, if you have been bitten by the tesla bug, go buy one. You can always repent and come back...

Not for me though, for multiple reasons but specially until they have an attractive design... specially not the model 3, a prius looks better IMMO.
Old 03-26-2019 | 06:08 PM
Psorcery
Banned

[QUOTE=Needsdecaf;15729812][QUOTE=Psorcery;15729356]
Originally Posted by stealthpilot

Teslas, and most all EV's, have no gearbox. They are direct drive with reduction gears. They can do this because the motors can spin up to 15k RPM plus.

At speeds over 100 MPH acceleration starts to signifiantly taper off. One of the drawbacks of any EV. Under 100, the car is extremely quick to change speeds. Car and Driver tested the Model 3 Performance 50-70 in 2.0 sec. They tested the 991.2 GTS PDK in 50-70 in 2.5 seconds. The Model 3 beats the GTS by 0.1 5-60 MPH at 3.7 vs. 3.8. Make no doubt, the cars are quick. Also, Teslas are speed limited depending on the model. Mine is limited to 145.

Regardless, my days of f*cking with other cars at 100 plus MPH are long, long gone. I would have let you go and not picked a fight, whether my car was capable of taking you or not. It's simply not worth it. No need to ruin my life and kill someone over red mist.
I'm fully aware of how an EV works. You don't need to explain.

You're comparing a car that lives above 100mph to a car that struggles past 100mph.. In the 911 world, people don't care to have a cap at 100-120mph in only straight line accelerations. That's boring. Who on earth races 50-70 in only straight lines? Way to cherry pick the parameters..

I'll attach some dragy screenshots for you.. Take a peak at Model 3 times.. Nice till 60 (991.2 C2S still quicker or just as quick). What happens after that or when a turn comes up? 1/4 mile not impresive.. 1/2mile.. LOL.

People on a 911 forum claiming a Model 3 is fast... Fast. It's not fast. It's quick, and only quicker in tiny jolts..

I wonder what would happen if somebody went to a Tesla forum saying a Prius is better or "xyz".. Whose having delusions?

I'd love to see a Model 3 vs Carrera T thread where owners of both battle it out.
Old 03-26-2019 | 06:25 PM
ddolbi
Instructor

"People on a 911 forum claiming a Model 3 is fast... Fast. It's not fast. It's quick, and only quicker in tiny jolts..

I wonder what would happen if somebody went to a Tesla forum saying a Prius is better or "xyz".. Whose having delusions?

I'd love to see a Model 3 vs Carrera T thread where owners of both battle it out."

I never said Tesla is better or faster than Porsche of any kind. It's just in your head. Same type of owners from Porsche or Tesla who think they own best car in the world pollute the forum with BS argument. Stop light to stop light model 3 performance is quicker than any Porsche sans Turbo S. Who drives over 100 mph everyday? On track or winding road Porsche rules of course. I use model 3 as a DD and I can't think of anything better that's including my 16 GTS. I just don't get some owners bragging about my car is better and faster than yours crap.
Old 03-26-2019 | 06:31 PM
Psorcery
Banned

"People on a 911 forum claiming a Model 3 is fast... Fast. It's not fast. It's quick, and only quicker in tiny jolts..

I'd love to see a Model 3 vs Carrera T thread where owners of both battle it out."

I never said Tesla is better or faster than Porsche of any kind. It's just in your head. Same type of owners from Porsche or Tesla who think they own best car in the world pollute the forum with BS argument. Stop light to stop light model 3 performance is quicker than any Porsche sans Turbo S. Who drives over 100 mph everyday? On track or winding road Porsche rules of course. I use model 3 as a DD and I can't think of anything better that's including my 16 GTS. I just don't get some owners bragging about my car is better and faster than yours crap.
Nobody said you said Tesla is better or faster until you just did this last post.. You decided to come in here with your nose pointed up in the air claiming to own both but you're on an elite high class level above both owners.

A Model 3 is not quicker stop light to stop light than any Porsche other than a Turbo S.. Maybe faster than your 16 GTS.. Pull your head out of your buttocks.

991.2 C2S, 991.2 GTS, 991.2 GT3, 991.2 GT3 RS, 991.2 GT2 RS, 991.1 Turbo, 991.1 Turbo S, 991.2 Turbo, 991.2 Turbo S.. All quicker "stop light to stop light" than a Model 3.

Keep bench racing with your pinky pointed out while you shift, bud.
Old 03-26-2019 | 06:46 PM
One N Done
Instructor

Model 3D or 3P are both really quick and require no work to do it. I have a brand new GTS and its a better car, but on a road stop light to stop light my Tesla is just as quick and hole shots my GTS for sure. So when talking about cherry picking the distance, then anything up to 1/4 mile the 3P will be tough to deal with - fact. I am not talking driver engagement, cost of ownership, sound, handling, or any other effect that influence purchase decisions or driving enjoyment. I didnt buy my GTS because it nearly does 200mph or because it lives above 120, which makes it 'better' than my Model 3. There are many reasons why I grab the key to the Porsche over my mobile for the Tesla. Quickness is not one of them. I have no issue with the realities of EV.
Old 03-26-2019 | 06:47 PM
ddolbi
Instructor

Nobody said you said Tesla is better or faster until you just did this last post.. You decided to come in here with your nose pointed up in the air claiming to own both but you're on an elite high class level above both owners.

A Model 3 is not quicker stop light to stop light than any Porsche other than a Turbo S.. Maybe faster than your 16 GTS.. Pull your head out of your buttocks.

991.2 C2S, 991.2 GTS, 991.2 GT3, 991.2 GT3 RS, 991.2 GT2 RS, 991.1 Turbo, 991.1 Turbo S, 991.2 Turbo, 991.2 Turbo S.. All quicker "stop light to stop light" than a Model 3.

Keep bench racing with your pinky pointed out while you shift, bud.
See how unnecessarily aggressive and brash your comments are. I said Model 3 "Performance" not just Model 3 is quicker than any 911 except Turbo. Are you that idiot using Launch Control every stop light racing? Oh you are that douche who drives Toyota truck at 115mph.
Old 03-26-2019 | 06:52 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Originally Posted by One N Done
Model 3D or 3P are both really quick and require no work to do it. I have a brand new GTS and its a better car, but on a road stop light to stop light my Tesla is just as quick and hole shots my GTS for sure. So when talking about cherry picking the distance, then anything up to 1/4 mile the 3P will be tough to deal with - fact. I am not talking driver engagement, cost of ownership, sound, handling, or any other effect that influence purchase decisions or driving enjoyment. I didnt buy my GTS because it nearly does 200mph or because it lives above 120, which makes it 'better' than my Model 3. There are many reasons why I grab the key to the Porsche over my mobile for the Tesla. Quickness is not one of them. I have no issue with the realities of EV.
This I can respect and completely understand. Enjoy the Tesla for what it is and what it does.

Now a P100D on the other hand.. Yeah, that's a legitimate rocket and it's not even their sports car.

I just think it's funny how a new breed of creatures was formed as soon as an affordable model was released by Tesla. Easily has become the new BMW driver stereotype IMO.
Old 03-26-2019 | 06:56 PM
Psorcery
Banned

See how unnecessarily aggressive and brash your comments are. I said Model 3 "Performance" not just Model 3 is quicker than any 911 except Turbo. Are you that idiot using Launch Control every stop light racing? Oh you are that douche who drives Toyota truck at 115mph.
Oh whoa whoa!! Whose the aggressive one now? Go back and read your posts a week from now. Just put someone else's username instead of yours and you'll quickly find the hypocrisy and contradictions.

I'm a douche that drives 115 in a toyota truck on a wide open 6 lane highway.. I'll take it. I'm a douche inside and out. You're the angel who zips and weaves in your budget EV through gridlocked traffic to show off. You're totally allowed to because you're not polluting the world.
Old 03-26-2019 | 07:08 PM
ddolbi
Instructor

Oh whoa whoa!! Whose the aggressive one now? Go back and read your posts a week from now. Just put someone else's username instead of yours and you'll quickly find the hypocrisy and contradictions.

I'm a douche that drives 115 in a toyota truck on a wide open 6 lane highway.. I'll take it. I'm a douche inside and out. You're the angel who zips and weaves in your budget EV through gridlocked traffic to show off. You're totally allowed to because you're not polluting the world.
Hey mate, what goes around comes around. that's all. Show off? One thing I don't like about Porsche ownership, owned 4 of them. is they look little showy.

Quick Reply: Thinking of doing a bad thing...