Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of doing a bad thing...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 11:59 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 263 Likes on 173 Posts

Why hasn't this thread been moved to the electrical appliances forum yet?
Oh we don't have one for a good reason!
Off to "other marque" perhaps?

Old 03-30-2019, 12:01 AM
stealthpilot
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Bemo
Why hasn't this thread been moved to the electrical appliances forum yet?
Oh we don't have one for a good reason!
Off to "other marque" perhaps?

Same reason you haven't been moved to a concentration camp in Siberia:

I don't have the authority.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:14 AM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by ddolbi
He doesn't care about fact. His bloated ego sees nothing but how horrible Teslas are.
Originally Posted by stealthpilot
Agree

Model 3: Slow, boring people mover. That makes Tesla's horrible.

Agreed

I'm sorry I just can't contain my ego. It's so huge like my...
Old 03-30-2019, 10:16 AM
m5biemer
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Makes sense to look at for me as my commute is 10 miles per day. A few of our clients have them and swear by them. My biggest issue right now is not trusting the company and Mr. Musk. Musk needs to step away a bit, stop sleeping on the factory floor and regain his focus. I think they're plenty capable of producing a great car on a consistent basis hopefully for their sake in the very near future.
Old 03-30-2019, 11:08 AM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,507 Likes on 811 Posts

You aren't crazy, sell me your targa
Old 03-30-2019, 01:12 PM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 594 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by m5biemer
Makes sense to look at for me as my commute is 10 miles per day. A few of our clients have them and swear by them. My biggest issue right now is not trusting the company and Mr. Musk. Musk needs to step away a bit, stop sleeping on the factory floor and regain his focus. I think they're plenty capable of producing a great car on a consistent basis hopefully for their sake in the very near future.
10 miles a day? Get a used Nissan Leaf or Fiat 500e for like $6k-7k. You don't even need a Level 2 charger, you can charge off the 110V wall outlet which would give you about 3-4 miles per hour of charging.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:59 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,046 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by Psorcery

Model 3: Slow, boring people mover. That makes Tesla's horrible.
I do realize with Randy Probst behind the wheel of your Sequoia the results would be the same if not better. So I'm taking this with a grain of salt. It's obviously a re-touched video with Randy actually driving a Sequoia with big tires and they over-dubbed each time he says Tesla because he was saying "Sequoia" in the un-edited version...

Ouch!!!!

Old 04-01-2019, 11:06 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

What can I say? I'm a firm believer that the Model 3 is bar none the GOAT car. I will never dare to speak of anything negative about it. I've bent the knee.

I'm selling the 991 in hopes that I can buy two. Hopefully I can get matching black and white ones so I can call them Ebony & Ivory. I'm also in the works of getting that as a tattoo sketch on my lower back.

Tesla Model 3
Old 04-02-2019, 12:09 AM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,046 Likes on 590 Posts

What can I say? I'm a firm believer that the Model 3 is bar none the GOAT car. I will never dare to speak of anything negative about it. I've bent the knee.

I'm selling the 991 in hopes that I can buy two. Hopefully I can get matching black and white ones so I can call them Ebony & Ivory. I'm also in the works of getting that as a tattoo sketch on my lower back.

Tesla Model 3
"Would you car for a cup of tea?" I say in my softest voice, pinky raised in the air and disturbingly quivering......

"I have a couple pecker marks I must remove from your forehead"

You take the knee, and I then dab my napkin into the tea a wipe the said, inflamed, throbbing pecker marks duly from your glowering forehead.

All is forgiven, my son... and I ride off into the Sunset... End Scene....

Brings a tear to my eye....
Old 04-02-2019, 12:15 AM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,302 Likes on 887 Posts

I'd love to see a Model 3 vs Carrera T thread where owners of both battle it out.
Also, who would win in a fight between Batman and Warren Buffett?
Old 04-02-2019, 10:17 AM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

There are two people I would never buy anything from. One is Elon Musk.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:06 AM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 281 Likes on 139 Posts

It's not either/or, and it doesn't have to be a $$ Tesla. Electrics can be cool.

I commute 4x a week in my 2019 E-Golf electric, and once in the 991 (plus week ends for fun).
Net result ? A relaxing silent ride with one foot driving, easily coast up and down steep hills with zero effort or concentration (and not at high RPM waking up folks at 6AM going up steep hills in 1st because 2nd is too tall), I drive in traffic with one foot, fun torque at every traffic light, car is always refilled and ready to go, short trips = no problem, maintenance = zero, beat on it before it's warmed up = not an issue... If I need utility or driving somewhere close I take the Golf.
The rest of the time, if it has a chance of being a decent drive, I *enjoy* the 991 again, rowing gears, making it rev, as it was in danger of becoming a beater too... and I'm not refilling it every 4 days or beating up the clutch on SF hills or stop and go traffic.

Best part ? The lease on the "appliance" is $126 a month, costs me about $1.25 a day to refill, gas savings are about $200/mo for me. Also I get HOV lane access and cheaper bridge crossings. And again, I appreciate my 991 more when I do drive it. Don't hate electrics - although I am not a fan of Tesla as a brand, and the build quality and front end of the 3 is deplorable. The Golf looks like... a Golf, practically a GTI if you upgraded the wheels to normal looking ones. In a pinch it'll recharge 100+ miles in 20 minutes... The other electric cars look strange (except the model S, I guess, that's decent looking).

Frankly I have gas in my veins, I'm on Porsche #15 or something (from 356s to a 991), and I LOVE having an electric beater - especially a cheap one that scoots like its on fire from 0-40, and costs peanuts. And most folks have no clue it's electric.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:29 PM
BlueNorther
Pro

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

Good, reasoned post, Greg D. Sounds like the e-golf makes a lot of sense in your urban situation.
Old 04-02-2019, 03:41 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 281 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueNorther
Good, reasoned post, Greg D. Sounds like the e-golf makes a lot of sense in your urban situation.
Thank you. I'm just putting that out there as an alternative to selling a 991 to buy an expensive Tesla. I put 3K down and $126 a month is essentially our monthly toilet paper budget (i have boys, they eat like a horde of crickets). All in all factoring insurance on an extra car + cost of charging and lease vs and gas/bridge savings, the car is *free* to me on a monthly basis (excluding the down)... Seems like a decent deal and I get to work a lot less annoyed at moronic drivers trying to crash into my 991 ;-)

And this w/e I can take my time doing the 6y service on my 991 knowing if I don't finish, the electrons will take me to work ;-0
Old 04-02-2019, 08:12 PM
weespeed
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Update on the Model 3.

After 3 days of ownership and 200 miles, it died.
Last night the wife called said it wouldn't go in drive. It was stuck in park and had several error messages.
I got home took a look and spent an hour in my driveway in the rain trying to get it going. Tried the reset procedure on off etc.
Finally gave up and called Tesla. They were closed but will send a flat bed. I was tired so told them in the morning.

Called this morning, they remotely looked at my car and said it's dead and I need a new battery.
WTF?! They took the car and now we are discussing how to return the car for a new one.

Very disappointed in my experience with the Model 3.

Quick Reply: Thinking of doing a bad thing...