Sponsored by:

Auto start stop

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 07:41 PM
achtung6
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Big
It's actually a Deactivate/Activate function. Out of the box, the module comes with all buttons except Sport+ activated. If you want to deactivate any one or more of the buttons, you follow that procedure.
This may be clear to others but it was not immediately clear to me. What the instructions supplied with the memory module mean by "all functions or features come activated except for Sport +" is that in practice, the memory module is programmed from T-Design to "remember" your setting of PSE, a/s/s, etc. This means what the memory module remembers as your setting for these buttons WILL override the factory Porsche programming. This, by the way, is the reason this module works for defeating a/s/s. If you have a/s/s set to OFF (light on the button is ON), then the module will override the car's factory programming which is to re-engage a/s/s every time you cycle the ignition.

For me and my personal tastes, this was a godsend for defeating a/s/s all the time but not for PSE as I don't want PSE activated when in Normal drive mode. So, I deactivated the memory module default setting for the PSE button. Now, PSE follows the factory Porsche programming but a/s/s is overridden at every engine startup.

I hope this helps to clarify things as this was not clear to me at the start and caused confusion. In short, you can program your memory module to remember the status of the buttons in that control box or you can choose to have the memory module ignore the status of any button and not override the Porsche factory setting.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:03 PM
Mr. Big
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

^^^ I might do the same as you with PSE so I don't **** off my neighbors when I start up in the morning. I didn't know the module was configurable when I ordered it so that was an added bonus.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:06 PM
achtung6
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Big
^^^ I might do the same as you with PSE so I don't **** off my neighbors when I start up in the morning. I didn't know the module was configurable when I ordered it so that was an added bonus.
This is a good idea. Now, I could be wrong about this but I think I read on RL that the PSE equipped cars on cold start have their exhaust valves open. I certainly hear the exhaust quiet down a bit after a few seconds on a cold start. Sure sounds great though!

Old 12-08-2018, 10:46 PM
phefner
Rennlist Member

Received 708 Likes on 422 Posts

I set my 911.1 to OFF when I drove it out of the dealers garage...I've never had to touch it. It stays disabled and doesn't need to be fussed with.
Old 12-09-2018, 01:19 PM
mreloc
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by achtung6
This is a good idea. Now, I could be wrong about this but I think I read on RL that the PSE equipped cars on cold start have their exhaust valves open. I certainly hear the exhaust quiet down a bit after a few seconds on a cold start. Sure sounds great though!

https://youtu.be/P8j67TjMSSo
You are correct- my 991.2 with PSE sounds the same at start up whether I have it activated or not.... I'd say it takes a good 30 seconds for it to make a difference.

Originally Posted by phefner
I set my 911.1 to OFF when I drove it out of the dealers garage...I've never had to touch it. It stays disabled and doesn't need to be fussed with.
The function is different on 991.2 cars - where the A/S/S reactivates at each start up.

Quick Reply: Auto start stop