Sponsored by:

Auto start stop

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 02:59 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 277 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by mreloc
Ugh. I guess I'll have to drop two bills to buy this module- it's sorta sad that it's actually worth it to me not to have to remember to push the A/S/S button!
I'm thinking the same thing. And it doesn't even work for S & S+ modes on 991.2.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:39 AM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 1,030 Likes on 621 Posts

At least we can still turn off ***.

I fear next will be auto Not Start (if your car decides you have been driving too much lately).
Old 12-01-2018, 09:12 AM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 630 Likes on 344 Posts

But, for the 991.2 it DOES allow the car to remain in PSE ON as well as Auto Stop OFF.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:26 AM
mreloc
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
But, for the 991.2 it DOES allow the car to remain in PSE ON as well as Auto Stop OFF.
Order placed. Now when it comes, having to sneak it past wifey so that I don't have to explain why I spent $200 to stop the need to push a button :P

Old 12-01-2018, 12:17 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 277 Likes on 183 Posts

I just picked up my car and the A.S.S. functions is a PITA. It's so much easier to permanently disable this function on other cars. Just placed an order.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:59 PM
achtung6
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

The T-Design memory module is working as advertised. I'm in love. a/s/s was a daily annoyance and detracted from the otherwise wonderful experience of operating this car! Thanks T-Design!
Old 12-03-2018, 05:16 PM
achtung6
Racer

I want to add that support from Vlad at T-design has been awesome. I wanted the memory module to remember only a/s/s status and not remember PSE. It took a little fiddling with programming to get mine to do this but now it works exactly as I wanted. If I want a/s/s engaged, I have to manually activate it. Otherwise it stays disengaged the whole time. I may want to engage it on the highway during a long drive in Normal mode so that the coast feature works.

As delivered, the module is programmed to "remember" PSE settings so If you turn PSE off, then it stays off even when you change drive modes on the steering wheel selector. If you turn PSE on, then it stays on in all drive modes. I wanted PSE to follow the factory programming and it's so nice that you can program the T-design module to either ignore PSE setting or remember how you last had it.

The T-design module is a must if like me, you dislike a/s/s engaging itself at every engine start.
Old 12-03-2018, 05:28 PM
mreloc
Pro

Originally Posted by achtung6
I want to add that support from Vlad at T-design has been awesome. I wanted the memory module to remember only a/s/s status and not remember PSE. It took a little fiddling with programming to get mine to do this but now it works exactly as I wanted. If I want a/s/s engaged, I have to manually activate it. Otherwise it stays disengaged the whole time. I may want to engage it on the highway during a long drive in Normal mode so that the coast feature works.

As delivered, the module is programmed to "remember" PSE settings so If you turn PSE off, then it stays off even when you change drive modes on the steering wheel selector. If you turn PSE on, then it stays on in all drive modes. I wanted PSE to follow the factory programming and it's so nice that you can program the T-design module to either ignore PSE setting or remember how you last had it.

The T-design module is a must if like me, you dislike a/s/s engaging itself at every engine start.
What is this "coast feature" of which you speak? It's a new one to me...
Old 12-03-2018, 05:30 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 630 Likes on 344 Posts

In Normal mode with *** ON, the car saves fuel by coasting on highway and turning off engine at stop lights for fuel efficiency.
Old 12-03-2018, 05:59 PM
mreloc
Pro

In Normal mode with *** ON, the car saves fuel by coasting on highway and turning off engine at stop lights for fuel efficiency.
yeah- knew about the *** function at a stop, but having a manual transmission, the car already coasts when not on the gas- so maybe it's somehow different with the PDK?
Old 12-03-2018, 06:56 PM
achtung6
Racer

Originally Posted by mreloc
yeah- knew about the *** function at a stop, but having a manual transmission, the car already coasts when not on the gas- so maybe it's somehow different with the PDK?
In a PDK equipped car, coast disengages the transmission from the driven wheels when in 7th gear and traveling down hill or other scenarios when you're off the throttle and the computer determines it can save fuel by "pushing in the clutch".
Old 12-03-2018, 07:50 PM
SeymourButts
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 39 Posts

My only problem now after installing the module is I'm so used to pushing the A/S/S button, I'm still doing it every time I start the car.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:20 PM
drive95
Instructor

Received 102 Likes on 42 Posts

Semi-related question:

Has anyone noticed that their auto start stop doesn't operate in the cooler weather? I have to say it's been so long that my car has turned itself off at a stop light that I can not recall it. I do use the feature when I get caught by a yellow light and know I'll be sitting a while, but the car refuses to stop the engine. Coasting works fine, however.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:43 PM
Gonzalo38
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

drive95....... from 991.1 manual

Preconditions for stopping the engine automatically
– Auto Start Stop function is switched on.
– Engine compartment lid closed.
– Driver detected: driver's seat belt fastened and driver's door closed.
– PDK selector lever in position D, N or P or transmission range 1 or 2 selected manually
or gearshift lever in neutral and clutch pedal not depressed.
– Engine, transmission and battery are at operating temperature.
– Vehicle was driven at a speed of more than approx. 1 mph (2 km/h) for at least 1.5 seconds since the engine last
stopped automatically.

The Auto Start Stop function is not available in the following situations, for example:
– When Sport mode is activated.
– When PSM is off.
– In Maneuvering mode.
– When A/C MAX mode is activated.
– When the "Windshield defrost" function is active.
– At altitudes above approx. 9,843 ft. (3,000 meters).
– After engaging a gear without actuating the clutch during automatic stopping of the engine.

The Auto Start Stop function is available with limited functionality in the following situations, for example:
– If the air conditioning or passenger compartment heating is operated at a high setting or if the defrost function
is run for long time periods.
– If the battery charging condition is low.
– On upward or downward slopes.
– During internal vehicle test procedures, e.g. automatic engine checks.
– In the case of excessively low exterior or battery temperature.

Information
If one of these situations arises after the engine has stopped automatically, the engine can be restarted automatically.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:54 PM
DY369
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

It depends on the year...............Older ones remembered your last setting. Now with the new ones it defaults to on upon start up.

Quick Reply: Auto start stop