Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto start stop

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 11:39 PM
drive95
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 39 Posts

Thanks Gonzalo. I guess it's just very temperature dependent. My previous car's system, an Audi S3, worked great year-round.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:33 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 258 Likes on 171 Posts

Just got done installing the T-Design9 module and it works as advertised on the 991.2. It takes 5 minutes to install. Here's an install tip.I don't know about y'all but I could not push the control box out by reaching into the small holes. I need to workout more with my fingers or what. I ended up prying out the box using one of those plastic auto trim tools. Getting the control box was the toughest part but everything else is straight forward...easy. I'm so glad I don't have to disable the A.S.S. button every single time! $200 well spent.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:36 PM
SeymourButts
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 39 Posts

^^^If you have the smoking package, open the ashtray lid and pull the control box out from the back.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:48 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 425 Posts

Theres gotta be a fuse for this ****....
Old 12-06-2018, 12:47 AM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SeymourButts
^^^If you have the smoking package, open the ashtray lid and pull the control box out from the back.
I have the smoking pkg. Very good point. I realized this just as I was pulling it off. I was late for a PPF/tint appointment and rushed through it.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:44 AM
SeymourButts
Racer

^^^The installation video on the T-Design website is a bit misleading. For those who have the smoking package it's impossible to mount the module at his recommended location. And his alternate location isn't so practical either because there isn't a flat surface to put it. It's best to mount it on the metal plate located at the bottom of the control box area. I contacted Vlad about this and he admits the video needs to be updated.

Last edited by SeymourButts; 12-06-2018 at 03:32 PM.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:49 AM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

^^^The installation video on the T-Design 9 website is a bit misleading. For those who have the smoking package it's impossible to mount the module at his recommended location. And his alternate location isn't so practical either because there isn't a flat surface to put it. It's best to mount it on the metal plate located at the bottom of the control box area. I contacted Vlad about this and he admits the video needs to be updated.
Yes, there’s a metal plate that sits at an angle on the right side and that’s where I mounted it.
Old 12-06-2018, 12:55 PM
mreloc
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for these hacks Seymour and Luv2sleep! Expecting mine any day now..
Old 12-06-2018, 03:57 PM
achtung6
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2sleep

Yes, there’s a metal plate that sits at an angle on the right side and that’s where I mounted it.
That's where I mounted the module in my car, but on the driver's side of that plate. The buttons box did not come out nearly as easily as described in that video. The forward edge is held down by the plastic surround of the PDK shifter. In the end, I had to remove the trim piece that surrounds that entire console (the one that is either plastic, or brushed aluminium or carbon, etc) so I could lift the buttons box which in turn, dislodges the surround of the shifter. Once the buttons box is out, install is very easy.

I love this mod. I wish I had done this as my very first mod.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:58 PM
mreloc
Pro

Hmnm. Pulled the ashtray and all does is get me more blocked space. What am I missing? The whole lighter/ashtray/lid assembly has no interest in coming out, at least from the top opening. I guess I'll just try to pry the control box out from the side.
Old 12-07-2018, 01:02 PM
SeymourButts
Racer

You do not have to pull the smoking package assembly out. Just open the lid and that'll give you room for your fingers to lift the control box out. You'll probably have to pull the lid halfway shut in order for your fingers to fit in.

Insert fingers and then lift.

Last edited by SeymourButts; 12-07-2018 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Add photo
Old 12-07-2018, 03:17 PM
mreloc
Pro

You do not have to pull the smoking package assembly out. Just open the lid and that'll give you room for your fingers to lift the control box out. You'll probably have to pull the lid halfway shut in order for your fingers to fit in.

Insert fingers and then lift.
I got what you mean, now, thanks for clarifying!
Old 12-08-2018, 12:46 PM
mreloc
Pro

Got mine popped in this morning following the through-the-ashtray procedure. Ended up mounting mine on the metal plate on the driver's side right above (but not touching) the white shift linkage. Seems to have not obstructed the button module being re-installed. I didn't follow the activation instructions, but the A/S/S and PSE buttons seem to remember my preferences- what are the activation instructions for then?
Old 12-08-2018, 02:55 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Yeah, I didn’t have to go through the activation procedure either. So far so good.
Old 12-08-2018, 03:53 PM
Mr. Big
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mreloc
I didn't follow the activation instructions, but the A/S/S and PSE buttons seem to remember my preferences- what are the activation instructions for then?
It's actually a Deactivate/Activate function. Out of the box, the module comes with all buttons except Sport+ activated. If you want to deactivate any one or more of the buttons, you follow that procedure.

Quick Reply: Auto start stop