Sponsored by:

DSC Sport V3 Control Module

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 07:59 PM
LargePuppy
Rennlist Member

Received 339 Likes on 186 Posts

Hate to hi-jack... but I'm hi-jackin!

Whatcha gettin?! Why are you selling, your car so super pretty!
Originally Posted by Psorcery
Sadly letting go of the car so the de-modding process has begun.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:28 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by LargePuppy
Hate to hi-jack... but I'm hi-jackin!

Whatcha gettin?! Why are you selling, your car so super pretty!
2020 Toyota Tundra Platinum + Supercharger. Rest it going back in the bank until something else tickles me. Possibly a Huracan Performante, GT3 Touring, F12.... Or maybe a GTS again someday.

Not easy. I'm attached. Best car I've ever owned hands down. Nothing else like it out there. Brings out envy in a lot of people and I've grown to like that as opposed to wondering why people hate.

I've never owned a car/drove one often that can corner and taking turns at the velocity this GTS can. Triple digit turns are a walk in the park, and with the cohesive package the GTS offers + DSC Sport Module + Lightweight wheels and Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2's.. It's amazing.
The following users liked this post:
LargePuppy (08-09-2019)
Old 08-09-2019, 09:39 PM
LargePuppy
Rennlist Member

Received 339 Likes on 186 Posts

Preach oh preacher!!!
2020 Toyota Tundra Platinum + Supercharger. Rest it going back in the bank until something else tickles me. Possibly a Huracan Performante, GT3 Touring, F12.... Or maybe a GTS again someday.

Not easy. I'm attached. Best car I've ever owned hands down. Nothing else like it out there. Brings out envy in a lot of people and I've grown to like that as opposed to wondering why people hate.

I've never owned a car/drove one often that can corner and taking turns at the velocity this GTS can. Triple digit turns are a walk in the park, and with the cohesive package the GTS offers + DSC Sport Module + Lightweight wheels and Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2's.. It's amazing.
Attached Images  
Old 08-09-2019, 09:49 PM
koven
Rennlist Member

Received 322 Likes on 172 Posts

My DSC sport V3 module is for sale. PM me if interested.
what else you got for sale? headers?
Old 08-09-2019, 10:27 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

Yes, PM me if interested. Sorry for derail!!
Old 03-04-2020, 03:18 PM
BlueShell
Racer

Received 179 Likes on 81 Posts

So this module basically makes your suspension and active mount components dynamic (constantly adjusting) instead of a static setting (one size fits all)?

If I'm reading this correctly, what purpose does the different settings actually serve once you have this module installed? If the module is dynamically making adjustments based on driving style, would it matter if I'm in Normal mode vs Sport for different driving uses? Or are there even more aggressive mappings/algorithms for racing/spirited driving? And what would be the intention of clicking the PASM button at that point -- would it be to just "lock" in the most firm setting?

How will I know which mode I should be in?

Asking because I'm definitely interested in this, but I do weekend driving as well as autocrossing and occasional track days.
Old 03-04-2020, 03:25 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,331 Likes on 751 Posts

My DSC sport V3 module is for sale. PM me if interested.

Can't seem to PM you. I'm interested. I assume it will be compatible with my 2014 TTS. Your account is not allowing PM's.
Old 03-04-2020, 03:28 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Received 1,204 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueShell
So this module basically makes your suspension and active mount components dynamic (constantly adjusting) instead of a static setting (one size fits all)?

If I'm reading this correctly, what purpose does the different settings actually serve once you have this module installed? If the module is dynamically making adjustments based on driving style, would it matter if I'm in Normal mode vs Sport for different driving uses? Or are there even more aggressive mappings/algorithms for racing/spirited driving? And what would be the intention of clicking the PASM button at that point -- would it be to just "lock" in the most firm setting?

How will I know which mode I should be in?

Asking because I'm definitely interested in this, but I do weekend driving as well as autocrossing and occasional track days.
DSC has two maps, generally one map will have "softer" baseline settings, such as softer base damper setting, and more mellow ramp rates to increase the damping, with potentially lower maximum damping values. The other map will have more aggressive base settings with steeper ramp rates, and stiffer maximum values.

Ultimately you have full control of it and you can set it up however you want, but that is a popular configuration.

The factory PASM is two modes, but the suspension isn't dynamic. It's just soft or firm.
Old 03-04-2020, 03:42 PM
BlueShell
Racer

Originally Posted by Penn4S
Can't seem to PM you. I'm interested. I assume it will be compatible with my 2014 TTS. Your account is not allowing PM's.
That user is banned. Probably why you can't PM him/her.

Originally Posted by AdamSanta85
DSC has two maps, generally one map will have "softer" baseline settings, such as softer base damper setting, and more mellow ramp rates to increase the damping, with potentially lower maximum damping values. The other map will have more aggressive base settings with steeper ramp rates, and stiffer maximum values.

Ultimately you have full control of it and you can set it up however you want, but that is a popular configuration.

The factory PASM is two modes, but the suspension isn't dynamic. It's just soft or firm.
So Normal mode would be the softer setting, and Sport / Sport Plus would be the more aggressive setting?

What purpose would the PASM Sport button do with DSC Sport?
Old 03-04-2020, 03:46 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

That user is banned. Probably why you can't PM him/her.

So Normal mode would be the softer setting, and Sport / Sport Plus would be the more aggressive setting?

What purpose would the PASM Sport button do with DSC Sport?
PASM sport button toggles between maps 1 and 2

As the DSC comes out of the box, map 1 "normal" is softer, and sport/sport plus is stiffer. You can configure it however you want though.
BlueShell (03-04-2020)
Old 03-04-2020, 03:52 PM
BlueShell
Racer

Originally Posted by AdamSanta85
PASM sport button toggles between maps 1 and 2

As the DSC comes out of the box, map 1 "normal" is softer, and sport/sport plus is stiffer. You can configure it however you want though.
Ah, ok. I'm following you now. So the PASM Sport button is what toggles the DSC Sport Maps. With DSC Sport, the Sport / Sport Plus button no longer makes any adjustments to the engine mount nor PASM (but retains everything else).

I'm a bit new, so forgive my dumb questions.
AdamSanta85 (03-04-2020)
Old 03-04-2020, 03:56 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Ah, ok. I'm following you now. So the PASM Sport button is what toggles the DSC Sport Maps. With DSC Sport, the Sport / Sport Plus button no longer makes any adjustments to the engine mount nor PASM (but retains everything else).

All good. Basically, if you have the budget, I would go for it. The GT3 touring map is awesome, and Tom from TPC/DSC customer service is second to none. The installation is dead simple and completely reversible.
The following 2 users liked this post by AdamSanta85:
BlueShell (03-04-2020), Jon D (03-05-2020)
Old 03-04-2020, 05:47 PM
BIGWORM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,057 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by LargePuppy
Preach oh preacher!!!
LMFAO. HaHaHaHa.
Old 03-05-2020, 09:59 AM
Jon D
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 62 Posts

This is correct the button tells the DSC box which map to use for both shocks and mounts. The button also enables all the other functions it did before the DSC install - exhaust, transmission etc. which are still thru the factory set up.
BlueShell (03-05-2020)
Old 03-05-2020, 12:19 PM
koala
Rennlist Member

Received 538 Likes on 315 Posts

edit- oops, wrong post

Quick Reply: DSC Sport V3 Control Module