Originally Posted by basic666

nah
PM if you want to sell.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:18 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,185 Likes on 712 Posts

just got my DSC installed and drove around for a few days. TBH every day driving you barely notice any difference at all. Especially in terms of comfort level, which i would say the change is nearly undetectable.

What i do feel is if you are going through a corner at higher speed or during acceleration, instead of being *thrown around* in the car, its more like the car is holding you. For example before when accelerating, you can clearly feel the back of your car leaning back and lowering, where as now it feels more like the seat is holding you and pushing you forward.

IMO unless you are planning to track your car all the time, its not really worth the money, especially if you were hoping it would improve every day ride quality, which it didn't make much of a difference at all. I'm in a 2018 GTS btw.
Surprised to hear this as my dsc smooths out bumps and bruises in the roads tremendously. It is not transformative, as car does not feel like a luxury car, but there is not doubt the car smooths out the bumps and potholes a whole lot better with it than without it. Maybe your unit is defective or not installed correctly?
Old 11-20-2018, 07:37 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 660 Posts

just got my DSC installed and drove around for a few days. TBH every day driving you barely notice any difference at all. Especially in terms of comfort level, which i would say the change is nearly undetectable.

What i do feel is if you are going through a corner at higher speed or during acceleration, instead of being *thrown around* in the car, its more like the car is holding you. For example before when accelerating, you can clearly feel the back of your car leaning back and lowering, where as now it feels more like the seat is holding you and pushing you forward.

IMO unless you are planning to track your car all the time, its not really worth the money, especially if you were hoping it would improve every day ride quality, which it didn't make much of a difference at all. I'm in a 2018 GTS btw.
You do realise its 100% programmable? You need to adjust it to your expectations. I had some custom maps done and I love it. I do track, and daily. Before the DSC, I never used Sport suspension on the street. Now I leave it there most of the time. I also like how it remembers where you leave it.

Old 11-20-2018, 10:02 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 944 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by edkwon
991.1 TT owner here, I have regular PASM paired with GMG lowering springs. Will the DSC module still play well with this suspension setup?
Yes, DSC works very well on a 991.1TT with factory PASM dampers. We even have a specific map to pair with the 991TT's power delivery characteristic. There's a number of positive reviews in the Turbo forum. Please note that on any car that's lowered we strongly recommend that the ride sensors get "zero'ed" to the lowered ride height. Otherwise the system will think all four dampers on the car are in compression stroke all the time! We refer to the zero'ing function in the DSC software as "Zero Travel" (see image below). We provide support to DSC users for this procedure and for custom mapping.

TPC Racing stats:
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup Am Champion
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge GT4 Pro-Am Team Champion
2022 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup & 991 Cup Champion
2020 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2018 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2016 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2013 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2006 Rolex-24 @ Daytona GT Champion
2004 Grand-Am SGS Class Champion

The following users liked this post:
Tier1Terrier (02-18-2024)
Old 11-20-2018, 10:25 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thank you for your feedback.
Glad to know you noticed the improvement in higher speed handling.
The DSC is fully tuneable to achieve your personal preference and I want to help you to do that if you would allow me to.
The first step would be to make sure the ride height sensors are zero'ed (or sync'ed). This is done via DSC software.
Then I would help you dial down the damping value in Normal mode. This is also done via DSC software. This can make a difference in the ride quality if a ride height sensor is out of sync or if the car is lowered.
The minimum damping value is currently at 10%. We can dial it down to 5% or 3% or even 1%. A note about that- We original had the min value in Normal mode at 1%, but many DSC users preferred 10% over 1% so that's how we have it now. But every driver has their own personal preference for the roads or tracks that they drive on so we provide support for DSC custom tuning.
Please feel free to email me for support. My email address is: tchan@tpcracing.com
Old 11-20-2018, 01:27 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,309 Likes on 609 Posts

Latest update:

My lowered 991.2 Carrera on TechArt springs and 20s just works the way it's supposed to—it feels at least as good as it did from the factory. Still need to go do a loop run once the engine is fully broken in, but color me impressed. Very impressed.

Hey Tom, just curious—does DSC have any control over the rear wing angle? I added a Sport PASM front lip, and wouldn't mind balancing the aero. Not a huge deal for a street car in CA, but one never knows…
Old 11-20-2018, 02:17 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by stout
Hey Tom, just curious—does DSC have any control over the rear wing angle? I added a Sport PASM front lip, and wouldn't mind balancing the aero. Not a huge deal for a street car in CA, but one never knows…
No, the DSC doesn't control the rear wing. The rear wing is controlled by the factory rear body module.
Old 11-20-2018, 03:20 PM
basic666
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom-TPC Racing
Thank you for your feedback.
Glad to know you noticed the improvement in higher speed handling.
The DSC is fully tuneable to achieve your personal preference and I want to help you to do that if you would allow me to.
The first step would be to make sure the ride height sensors are zero'ed (or sync'ed). This is done via DSC software.
Then I would help you dial down the damping value in Normal mode. This is also done via DSC software. This can make a difference in the ride quality if a ride height sensor is out of sync or if the car is lowered.
The minimum damping value is currently at 10%. We can dial it down to 5% or 3% or even 1%. A note about that- We original had the min value in Normal mode at 1%, but many DSC users preferred 10% over 1% so that's how we have it now. But every driver has their own personal preference for the roads or tracks that they drive on so we provide support for DSC custom tuning.
Please feel free to email me for support. My email address is: tchan@tpcracing.com
Thanks Tom, I will reach out to you for more details. One question off the top of my head is to zero my height sensors, do i need the DSC module to be installed in the car while hooking up a PC laptop to it?

@Psorcery probably not gonna sell unless you are willing to pay what i paid for it lol, might as well keep it at this point. I mean i do see difference just not as nearly big as expected for everyday driving
Old 11-20-2018, 03:25 PM
basic666
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
You do realise its 100% programmable? You need to adjust it to your expectations. I had some custom maps done and I love it. I do track, and daily. Before the DSC, I never used Sport suspension on the street. Now I leave it there most of the time. I also like how it remembers where you leave it.
Yea i know its programmable, just expected a bigger difference off the shelf. But maybe everyone who saw significant changes adjusted the unit?

I keep seeing the comment about remembering settings, you mean the sport suspension mode right? Pretty sure the car did that without DSC... same behavior on the macan as well
Old 11-20-2018, 03:32 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

Thanks Tom, I will reach out to you for more details. One question off the top of my head is to zero my height sensors, do i need the DSC module to be installed in the car while hooking up a PC laptop to it?

@Psorcery probably not gonna sell unless you are willing to pay what i paid for it lol, might as well keep it at this point. I mean i do see difference just not as nearly big as expected for everyday driving
That's ok I already ordered one. Just looking for another for another 991 in the family.

TPC, is the module ready to go out of the box for a 991.2 GTS w/ SPASM?

Can't wait to get this installed.
Old 11-20-2018, 04:57 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks Tom, I will reach out to you for more details.
Welcome. Will be glad to help.

One question off the top of my head is to zero my height sensors, do i need the DSC module to be installed in the car while hooking up a PC laptop to it?
Yes, DSC needs to be installed in the car in order to read the car's ride height sensor data, and the PC needs to be connected to the DSC using a USB-mini cable in order command the function.
Below is an overview.

To zero the ride height sensor requires the following items:
1) A Windows 7 or 10 PC
2) A USB-to-mini cable, like this one-
Amazon Amazon

3) Install DSC Tuning software (version 1.8.3) on your Windows PC, the software is free from DSC Sport website, link- https://www.dscsport.com/software-2/

To perform the Zero Travel procedure is as follows:
1) Park the car on level ground
2) Turn ignition ON to power up the car's ride height sensors
3) Connect the USB cable to PC and DSC, then open the DSC Tuning software 1.8.3
4) Go to FILE > VEHICLE TYPE > select Porsche 9x1
5) Go to TOOLS > RESET BOARD
6) Go SETTINGS page > ZERO TRAVEL
7) Go to TOOLS > RESET BOARD
Done!
That may look complex but it really isn't. Once you have software loaded in PC and the cable connected to DSC this procedure takes less than 2 minutes. I talk users through this procedure over the phone very frequently.
The following users liked this post:
Tier1Terrier (02-18-2024)
Old 11-20-2018, 05:01 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Psorcery
TPC, is the module ready to go out of the box for a 991.2 GTS w/ SPASM?

Can't wait to get this installed.
Yes, it is plug & play right out of the box. Thanks!
Old 11-20-2018, 06:11 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom-TPC Racing
Welcome. Will be glad to help.

Yes, DSC needs to be installed in the car in order to read the car's ride height sensor data, and the PC needs to be connected to the DSC using a USB-mini cable in order command the function.
Below is an overview.

To zero the ride height sensor requires the following items:
1) A Windows 7 or 10 PC
2) A USB-to-mini cable, like this one- https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-.../dp/B00NH11N5A

3) Install DSC Tuning software (version 1.8.3) on your Windows PC, the software is free from DSC Sport website, link- https://www.dscsport.com/software-2/

To perform the Zero Travel procedure is as follows:
1) Park the car on level ground
2) Turn ignition ON to power up the car's ride height sensors
3) Connect the USB cable to PC and DSC, then open the DSC Tuning software 1.8.3
4) Go to FILE > VEHICLE TYPE > select Porsche 9x1
5) Go to TOOLS > RESET BOARD
6) Go SETTINGS page > ZERO TRAVEL
7) Go to TOOLS > RESET BOARD
Done!
That may look complex but it really isn't. Once you have software loaded in PC and the cable connected to DSC this procedure takes less than 2 minutes. I talk users through this procedure over the phone very frequently.
Are you sitting inside the car or standing outside while doing this?
Old 11-20-2018, 06:19 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Psorcery
Are you sitting inside the car or standing outside while doing this?
Can be either.
On a street car with OEM shocks and springs it doesn't matter much. With or without the driver's weight the sensor only registers a difference of ~2mm.
On a track car with coilovers that's getting corner balanced with the driver's weight then it would be ideal to have the driver's weight in the seat since the car is setup to be optimize without a passenger.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:42 PM
mtksurfj
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can we use an iPad to zero ride height via wifi?

Quick Reply: DSC Sport V3 Control Module