please do! what car do you have?
991.1 C2S with SPASM.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:55 AM
basic666
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mprog

991.1 C2S with SPASM.
sweet. would love to know impact of the module on a rather stock car, especially for everyday driving
Old 10-12-2018, 05:21 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,192 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by basic666
sweet. would love to know impact of the module on a rather stock car, especially for everyday driving
DSC is a no brainer. I was at a track day and my dad lives near the track. So I had the DSC shipped to his place. I left the morning session from the track, drove to my dads and picked up the module.
I noted how bumpy the drive to his place was (Bad roads). I drove back to the track and fitted the DSC. My last session was the best.

But the biggest surprise was driving back home. Wow, not only did it produce better handling on the track, but it smoothed the bumps out on the way home. I couldn't believe it.

I have since made the maps more aggressive. I never used to drive in Sport suspension as it was too rough. Not anymore. I pretty much live in sport now. So max handling an liveable daily. Until I do the springs and tractive suspension.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:08 AM
Ski Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 73 Posts

Just received and installed my DSC module. I got one of the earliest V3 modules for 991.2 but had the s/r bug. After some months without a fix I returned it for a refund. TPC was great about it. I had installed one on my 991.1 and was very happy with its performance. When I read that they fixed the bugs for the.2 iteration I placed my order. I really like how it smooths the ride but sharpens the reflexes at the same time. It’s a terrific product for our cars.
One oddity I’ve noticed. When I switch to Sport+ the dampers don’t automatically go to the firm setting. I’ve switched the dampers manually and can feel the difference. It’s just not automatically happening in Sport+. Anyone else seeing this?
Old 10-20-2018, 01:14 AM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Shouldn’t the manual sports suspension button light automatically come on in sports +

the map may need further tuning
Old 10-20-2018, 06:54 AM
JR956678
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyberbug
Shouldn’t the manual sports suspension button light automatically come on in sports +

With the factory PASM controller, that was how it worked (and also the previously selected damper mode was reset back to Normal mode every time the car was started). But the DSC doesn't work the same way - it stays in the manually selected damper mode regardless of the "car" mode (Normal, Sport or Sport+) selected and it remembers the damper mode set on a restart. I find that the DSC Sport mode is so much more comfortable (compared to the factory PASM controller Sport mode) that I leave it in Sport mode all the time - the only time I switch DSC to Normal mode is if it's a particularly rough road.

Last edited by JR956678; 10-20-2018 at 08:32 AM.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:38 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 914 Likes on 514 Posts

Originally Posted by Ski Porsche
Just received and installed my DSC module. I got one of the earliest V3 modules for 991.2 but had the s/r bug. After some months without a fix I returned it for a refund. TPC was great about it. I had installed one on my 991.1 and was very happy with its performance. When I read that they fixed the bugs for the.2 iteration I placed my order. I really like how it smooths the ride but sharpens the reflexes at the same time. It’s a terrific product for our cars.
One oddity I’ve noticed. When I switch to Sport+ the dampers don’t automatically go to the firm setting. I’ve switched the dampers manually and can feel the difference. It’s just not automatically happening in Sport+. Anyone else seeing this?
Originally Posted by JR956678
With the factory PASM controller, that was how it worked (and also the previously selected damper mode was reset back to Normal mode every time the car was started). But the DSC doesn't work the same way - it stays in the manually selected damper mode regardless of the "car" mode (Normal, Sport or Sport+) selected and it remembers the damper mode set on a restart. I find that the DSC Sport mode is so much more comfortable (compared to the factory PASM controller Sport mode) that I leave it in Sport mode all the time - the only time I switch DSC to Normal mode is if it's a particularly rough road.
JR956678 is correct. The factory PASM controller "bundles" Sport Suspension Mode selection with Sport Plus Engine & Gearbox Mode. With DSC installed the suspension mode selection becomes independent from engine & gearbox mode. And DSC keeps the mode that is last used by the driver; if the driver selected the sport suspension mode then the next time the car is started it will be in sport suspension mode. The suspension mode change will only occur when the driver pushes the button with the damper symbol.
The following users liked this post:
Tier1Terrier (02-18-2024)
Old 10-21-2018, 02:46 AM
Ski Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 73 Posts

Thanks for the clarification guys. I was thinking that manual operation of the dampers may be by design.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:25 PM
windblow
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom-TPC Racing
Yes, I have made and stored hundreds of maps(aka calibration files) for DSC users worldwide. Send me an email request and I'll reply with the map to suit your description. My email is: tchan@tpcracing.com
Hi, Tom. I bought a DSC V2 for my 991.2 Base from a member here based on your recommendation. He had it installed with a set of Tractive suspension so the maps weren't the ideal set up for my Base 991.2 Cab. My 991.2 Base is lowered with a set of Eibach springs. Could you please send me the best maps to fit my needs? I'm emailing you now with my email address. Thanks!!!

Loc
Old 10-24-2018, 09:05 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 597 Posts

Just added DSC to my 2018 991.2 Carrera 7MT on TechArt springs and...so far my take is VERY positive. Car seems "smarter" and the slight pogo-ing introduced by the firmer end of the progressive springs is either greatly attenuated or nearly eliminated—while keeping/enhancing the nicer ride with the softer end of the TechArt coils. Unfortunately, my favorite local road for testing (which leads to better roads) is being paved and has gravel everywhere—so my thoughts on handling are prelim but also smarter. More to come with more time and miles....
Old 10-25-2018, 12:21 AM
NeoGeo07
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went to TPC racing / DSC sport today to upgrade my 991.1 V2 to V3. Noticed a significant improvement. V3 seems to be a much more polished product compared to V2. There's a more noticeable difference, in both normal and sport. Normal mode the car rides very well, sport becomes more sporty. The added control of engine mount is cherry on top. Car feels more solid the harder you push it.
Truly dual function car now. A worthy upgrade.
BTW great customer service from Tom @ DSC sport!
Old 10-25-2018, 03:57 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by windblow
Hi, Tom. I bought a DSC V2 for my 991.2 Base from a member here based on your recommendation. He had it installed with a set of Tractive suspension so the maps weren't the ideal set up for my Base 991.2 Cab. My 991.2 Base is lowered with a set of Eibach springs. Could you please send me the best maps to fit my needs? I'm emailing you now with my email address. Thanks!!!

Loc
Hello. I got your email and sent the files.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:59 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NeoGeo07
Went to TPC racing / DSC sport today to upgrade my 991.1 V2 to V3. Noticed a significant improvement. V3 seems to be a much more polished product compared to V2. There's a more noticeable difference, in both normal and sport. Normal mode the car rides very well, sport becomes more sporty. The added control of engine mount is cherry on top. Car feels more solid the harder you push it.
Truly dual function car now. A worthy upgrade.
BTW great customer service from Tom @ DSC sport!
Glad you like the V3! Thanks for letting me test drive your car after the V3 installation. I really enjoyed the drive!
Old 10-25-2018, 05:49 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 928 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom-TPC Racing
Glad you like the V3! Thanks for letting me test drive your car after the V3 installation. I really enjoyed the drive!
Is it possible to upgrade the V2 to a V3 unit with just software? Or is it a full hardware update?
Old 10-25-2018, 06:43 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Joec500
Is it possible to upgrade the V2 to a V3 unit with just software? Or is it a full hardware update?
No, for Porsche cars the difference in V3 is in the controller hardware(circuit board and processors).
We have tried to flash V3 firmware to V2 controller, it does not work as intended.

Quick Reply: DSC Sport V3 Control Module