Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drive in the Carrera T

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2018 | 04:39 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Randy M
You could have posted a negative opinion of the car without implying that those who like the T only do so because of their thin wallets. You also could have posted without implying that those who buy the T are fools and will take a bath on the car. But you chose to use words that you perceived would put you on a pedestal above others. People who do that have issues with themselves. Instead of dealing with their own issues, they cut others down. Try living with some grace and be thankful for what you have.
I never implied anywhere that people are only buying the T because of their thin wallets. On the contrary, I think the vast majority of people who buy the T can afford a GT3 as well. With the GT3's history of far less depreciation, I actually think the GT3 is cheaper.

I also never implied that people who buy the T are fools - but there are some individual T owners here who have acted like one (like yourself right now).

I absolutely did state that T owners will take a financial bath on the car like I did on my 991.1. ...and I stand by that statement as I believe it to be the truth.

Feel free to find and post those direct quotes where you're pulling your BS insinuations from or go back to your forum.
Old 09-01-2018 | 04:53 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Originally Posted by destaccado
I never implied anywhere that people are only buying the T because of their thin wallets. On the contrary, I think the vast majority of people who buy the T can afford a GT3 as well. With the GT3's history of far less depreciation, I actually think the GT3 is cheaper.

I also never implied that people who buy the T are fools - but there are some individual T owners here who have acted like one (like yourself right now).

I absolutely did state that T owners will take a financial bath on the car like I did on my 991.1. ...and I stand by that statement as I believe it to be the truth.

Feel free to find and post those direct quotes where you're pulling your BS insinuations from or go back to your forum.
Shame on you, you need to apologize. Say you're sorry and you'll be forgiven.

Old 09-01-2018 | 04:55 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

I'm sorry you couldn't find a GT3 allocation without an ADM.
Old 09-01-2018 | 05:08 AM
Randy M
Drifting

I'm sorry you couldn't find a GT3 allocation without an ADM.
So am I lol. Now go home with your ball. You don't play well with others...
Old 09-01-2018 | 07:08 AM
_fletch
Racer

Originally Posted by Scuderia V
and this. Same dyno. Both with manual. T with 7000 EUR mods vs 991.2 GT3.
Even on 3000rpm where turbo motor didn't get full boost with only 3.0l we have 210 hp and 500 Hm against 140hp and 350Hm in 4.0l GT3... “no replacement for displacement”?

This is epic! What sort of mods did you do? Looks like the T would make a great hot rod.
Old 09-01-2018 | 07:23 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ClassJ
3.59:1 in the S and T versus 3.44:1 in the base manual cars.
Ok thanks - do you have somewhere where this is actually written down? I cant find anything "official" about this.
Old 09-01-2018 | 08:08 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Setting cars aside this thread became a sad commentary and indicative of why this country is so fragmented. Everyone has a position and opinion on everything but this discussion seems to have gone south and it became not relevant to the title of the thread.
Old 09-01-2018 | 10:25 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Actually no. I specifically wrote - "The T isn't a car that you get to supplement your GT3 as a daily driver, it's another toy that you buy." The key word being "another" implying that the GT3 is a toy already.

I don't need to backtrack because I don't care if you don't like or agree with my opinion on the car. To be frank, guys that can afford 100k+ cars don't need you to be their white knight.

Some guys that are in the market for a 991.2 Carrera T might appreciate your cheerleading. Others guys in the market might appreciate my review steering them away from a financial bath.
So potential T owners need your advice (and denigrating review / dont replace the battery snobbery) to "steer them away from a financial bath". I spit up through my nose laughing..
Old 09-01-2018 | 10:33 AM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

This says it all...
Old 09-01-2018 | 10:53 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bardman
Ok thanks - do you have somewhere where this is actually written down? I cant find anything "official" about this.
Pete Stout asked Porsche when he was at the T launch event and they confirmed it. It’s in his thread on the event on the 991 board.
Old 09-01-2018 | 11:14 AM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

You can have an opinion of course, but the way you've given your opinion has a poignant bite to it that you intended to drive home, which is received as being quite elitist. Then you continue posting an opinion of potential T owners making a mistake, taking a bath in their purchase thereby reinforcing your vitriol for those you apparently perceive to be beneath you. This is not a necessary criticism of those you do not know personally, nor know their motivations for buying a 911 not like yours. You strike me as a very shallow individual, elitist with closet shortcomings.
Pot calling the kettle black.....

Both if you should step away from this thread. Who cares, it’s a car. You like the T and he likes his GT3 touring. Be happy about your decisions.

I personally don’t like the touring and think the T is not light weight enough to capture the “ethos” they are selling. So I bought a winged GT3 which both of you probably have 100 reasons why it sucks. That’s fine, it is the world we live in.

Enjoy the holiday weekend!
Old 09-01-2018 | 11:29 AM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by white6speed
Setting cars aside this thread became a sad commentary and indicative of why this country is so fragmented. Everyone has a position and opinion on everything but this discussion seems to have gone south and it became not relevant to the title of the thread.
What's funny is the OP might not be from this country, and also part of what makes this country great (in my opinion) is how welcoming/inclusive we are of people from all different backgrounds

Enjoy that beast of a car, share pics when you are in Zuffenhausen picking her up!! Don't worry about the OP as I find his point of view more telling about himself than anything, there's always a rotten apple in the barrel

Originally Posted by fastmd

Pot calling the kettle black.....

Both if you should step away from this thread. Who cares, it’s a car. You like the T and he likes his GT3 touring. Be happy about your decisions.

I personally don’t like the touring and think the T is not light weight enough to capture the “ethos” they are selling. So I bought a winged GT3 which both of you probably have 100 reasons why it sucks. That’s fine, it is the world we live in.

Enjoy the holiday weekend!
Disagree in my opinion. There is only one person stirring the "pot" here to use your words, and if you don't see that I'm just shaking my head. Already tried to make my point even though it likely fell on deaf ears (why wouldn't it), but the OP's pompous views are not reflective of everyone in this subforum and he doesn't own or control who can post/hang out here nor do I or anyone else for that matter
Old 09-01-2018 | 11:35 AM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by MM3.9GT3
He has been a member since 2004, and he has no history of antagonizing others.
Old 09-01-2018 | 12:15 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Enjoy that beast of a car, share pics when you are in Zuffenhausen picking her up!! Don't worry about the OP as I find his point of view more telling about himself than anything, there's always a rotten apple in the barrel
Thanks Sam. I've never written a bucket list but when I do this trip will be up top and checked off...
Old 09-01-2018 | 12:15 PM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
I stand corrected.

Quick Reply: Drive in the Carrera T