Sponsored by:

New 991.2 GTS allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 01:02 PM
wmc
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by _RS_
You know we'll have to park together at work, to encourage a whole 911 row there. Congrats on the hard found allocation.
Thanks. A 911 row sounds like a good idea. No idea whether the other 911 owners are enthusiasts...

I am also concerned about the talk of 20% tariffs. If they become effective before delivery I would probably back out of the deal.

Here is my spec at this point. Still pondering some smaller options.

GT Silver
Leather interior in black/bordeaux red
18-way seats
Premium pkg (auto-dimming mirrors, seat heating)
Seat ventilation
Bose
Heated multi function wheel
Rear axle steering
Pedals/footrest in aluminum
Old 06-26-2018, 01:08 PM
vipertom 1970
Instructor

Originally Posted by nilaz
Not possible. I have an official written offer with total price of the car.
Nothing extra obviously. Car is MSRP minus a discount.
I got a Targa 4GTS on order also and told my dealer If I get hit with another 20% then I rather walk away. No way I am going to pay another 33K on top of 166k MSRP and then I have to pay another 10% for sale tax in California.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:35 PM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by vipertom 1970
I got a Targa 4GTS on order also and told my dealer If I get hit with another 20% then I rather walk away. No way I am going to pay another 33K on top of 166k MSRP and then I have to pay another 10% for sale tax in California.
I am not based in States but in Europe. Therefore this 20% extra is not applicable in my case.

At least we have some benefits although you have many others starting from lower MSRPs...
Old 06-26-2018, 01:45 PM
wmc
Intermediate

Originally Posted by vipertom 1970
My thoughts exactly. I was going to put my current car up for sale but will probably delay that. I don't want to wind up with no Porsche to drive. Used Porsche prices will likely go up as a result of tariffs.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:29 PM
Avalon911
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts

Trade tariffs between sovereign states are not assessed at point of sale. There already is a 2.5% tariff on European cars but few of us were aware. I believe the new tariff ‘costs’ would need to be addressed through increased manufacturer pricing. If you have a contract at a specified price, I’m pretty sure you will be fine regardless of what happens in this fiasco. Porsche would have to eat it. More likely would be some transitional rule that gives them time to adjust pricing.
Old 06-27-2018, 12:02 AM
GTSdds
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wmc- I live in OC and have a GT Silver '19 on order as well. My build date got moved up to late July (from my original of Oct. 5) partly due to my Leipzig pickup- still a wait, but hey 2 mos better than 3.
7MT, GTS int pkg w rhodium stiching, sunroof, sport design rear, model delete on rear, entry & drive, illuminated cf sills

Ive done 3 BMW EDs in past, but doing this one in a P car with my pops..beyond excited!
Old 06-27-2018, 02:49 PM
wmc
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GTSdds
wmc- I live in OC and have a GT Silver '19 on order as well. My build date got moved up to late July (from my original of Oct. 5) partly due to my Leipzig pickup- still a wait, but hey 2 mos better than 3.
7MT, GTS int pkg w rhodium stiching, sunroof, sport design rear, model delete on rear, entry & drive, illuminated cf sills

Ive done 3 BMW EDs in past, but doing this one in a P car with my pops..beyond excited!
Please post some pictures when you pick it up!

Regarding the comment about tariffs and pricing, when I ordered my current car the dealer quoted a price based on the MSRP. If a tariff were to be applied, the dealer's cost would be adjusted upwards and also the MSRP, correct? Perhaps Porsche will offer to eat some of the tariff and won't raise MSRP by the entire tariff amount.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:25 PM
Andial
Banned

Originally Posted by wmc

Regarding the comment about tariffs and pricing, when I ordered my current car the dealer quoted a price based on the MSRP. If a tariff were to be applied, the dealer's cost would be adjusted upwards and also the MSRP, correct? Perhaps Porsche will offer to eat some of the tariff and won't raise MSRP by the entire tariff amount.
Unlikely. You will still pay the same amount as tariffs are supposedly built into the MSRP.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:54 PM
JAMilford
Racer

Received 239 Likes on 118 Posts
Smile

I put money down on a C4 GTS on Monday at a 4% discount off of MSRP. However, my dealer does not currently have a C4 GTS allocation. He had a C2 GTS allocation at V200 (July 19 Build) but I insisted on a C4. He was confident that he could either obtain or trade for a C4 GTS allocation within a week or so (likely October build date). We will see how it goes. I may complicate things though because I am considering a change to PTS and the window probably won't open back up until after the plant shut down in August.
Old 06-27-2018, 04:36 PM
kennypowers
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JAMilford
I put money down on a C4 GTS on Monday at a 4% discount off of MSRP. However, my dealer does not currently have a C4 GTS allocation. He had a C2 GTS allocation at V200 (July 19 Build) but I insisted on a C4. He was confident that he could either obtain or trade for a C4 GTS allocation within a week or so (likely October build date). We will see how it goes. I may complicate things though because I am considering a change to PTS and the window probably won't open back up until after the plant shut down in August.
would you mind pm’ing me the dealer? I want that c2 gts allocation
Old 06-27-2018, 05:26 PM
GTSdds
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wmc
I will for sure!
Ill also write up the trip and post pics in the ED forum.
Old 06-29-2018, 12:18 PM
GTS01
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Wink New to the Forum--GTS 991.2 Ordered

I am new to the forum and wanted to jump into the discussion. I share all of your concerns, but I am also not getting any younger.

Like all of you, I have a $160K 911 GTS PDK 991.2 on order with a September build date.

I have decided either way--tariff or no tariff--to secure the car. If this goes through, I expect to see Porsche honor orders placed as early as May and eat the tariff.

I think the last thing they want is a slow down in production and growing inventory of US-spec'd vehicles.
Old 06-29-2018, 05:15 PM
medias116
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Carmine Red 991.2 GTS Ordered!

First - thanks to all the incredible members on this forum. Being new to Porsche and the 911, I got educated a lot here to eventually configure my dream car that I intend to keep for a while!
I ordered a 991.2 2019 GTS!!!
Delivery expected early/mid Oct at PEC LA.

It was not easy for me to find the allocation and finally found one out of state. I was fortunate with my allocation - I got mine since the person who had the allocation cancelled. I had approached this dealer earlier and he did not have an allocation then and he luckily checked in with me to see if I was still looking.

As all of you can imagine, I am beyond SUPER excited and counting days eagerly (and very impatiently) awaiting my first 911!

My Specs: [with Pics from configurator]

Carmine Red
Manual
Leather Int in Black/Dark Silver with Sport-Tex Seat Centers
PDCC with PASM Sport Suspension
Lane Change Assist (LCA)
Rear Axle Steering
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
Smoking Package
Light Design Package
Deletion of "GTS" Decal on Doors
Deletion of AlcantaraŽ
Steering Wheel in Leather
BOSEŽ Surround Sound System
Pedals and Footrest in Aluminum
Interior Trim in Carbon Fiber i.c.w. Leather Interior
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package Voice Control
Instrument Dials in Guards Red
Sport Chrono Stopwatch Dial in Guards Red
Porsche Crest on Headrests
Seat Belts in Guards Red
Center Console Lid with Model Logo
Door Sill Guards in Carbon Fiber, Illuminated
No Sunroof
Premium Package i.c.w. Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) Seat Heating
Automatically Dimming Mirrors

Carmine Red 2019 991.2 GTS

Interior with guards red dials and 18-way sports tex seats

Last edited by medias116; 06-29-2018 at 06:01 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jake18 (04-25-2021)
Old 06-29-2018, 05:25 PM
JAMilford
Racer

Received 239 Likes on 118 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kennypowers

would you mind pm’ing me the dealer? I want that c2 gts allocation
Hi Kenny,
I tried to PM you, but for some reason I seem to have lost my PM rights. I heard from my dealer today and was informed that they traded the C2 GTS allocation for a Turbo S allocation that was then traded for a C4 GTS allocation. However, when I asked him about the C2 allocation, he assured me that he could get another C2 GTS allocation if you are interested. The dealer is Bert Smith Porsche in St Petersburg and the SA is John Aslan. The dealership phone number is 727-527-1111.

I was told that my C4 GTS is V200 with a late July build and likely delivery in November. July Build and November delivery sounds a little long to me, but he promised to email me the final build sheet and estimated production dates.

Good luck with your C2 GTS purchase and let me know how it works out.
Old 06-30-2018, 10:03 AM
kennypowers
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by wmc
My GTS coupe build locks on 7/10. Dealer says delivery in mid November. August vacations probably are a factor.
similar story here, build locks July 17 and mid November delivery. V200 status

2019 c2 gts
guards red
7mt
Black full leather with alcantara
4 ways
rws
painted interior trim
red seat belts
painted side skirts and rear fascia

excited!

Quick Reply: New 991.2 GTS allocation Thread