Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 02:38 PM
Haliax
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
Some of the photos in this thread should have been used by PAG for marketing. Ad could have been... Carrera T - Drive Until the Pavement Ends.
Stunning shot and daddy-daughter drives are the best!
Thank you for your kind words. Buying this Porsche has given me an excuse to break out my real camera again. And it’s awesome to spend some quality time with my almost 15 year old daughter. She will be driving in 7 months!! 😳🤯 I want her to learn on a stick shift like I did when I was her age. Less ability to text and be distracted when you have 3 pedals and a shifter. I’m thinking of keeping her in the VW family and getting her a manual transmission VW Golf with its peppy 1.8L turbo.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:54 PM
Haliax
Racer

I had to buy the Carrera T T-Shirt at artlinesdesign.com

Old 12-06-2018, 09:01 PM
Haliax
Racer

Then my wife found this sign for the garage

​​​​​​My nesting is almost complete. I pick the T up tomorrow after getting the Suntek Ultra ppf and Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating. I will take a bunch of photos and report back on how it turned out.
Old 12-07-2018, 02:50 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Received 807 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by Amalgamated Tom
I just saw the picture and I do think my mounts will cover that hole. So sorry you we're able to reach me. I keep a pretty close eye on my messages, so if I don't respond quickly (same day in most cases) then chances are I didn't get the message for some reason.
Thanks man. No worries, wasn't your fault. I think it was either me or rennlist. Guessing rennlist since all my other messages to others went through. Anyway, hole will always be there but at least it will be covered now. Plus, it's a small pinhole anyway. We Porsche guys are so OCD. lol
Old 12-07-2018, 08:15 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by alex_c
I concede...
My dealer refuses to provide a definitive answer on the PADM issue, after the last several weeks, which is something I will address with them separately... They are sticking to their story, probably to save face.... who knows? I won't belabor this here any further.
Alex, if you would be so kind as to provide an address for the win, I'll get it shipped. Alternatively, my T should be in my hands come Christmas-time and I'm definitely up for a meet-up between Houston and Austin as well. Up to you. Congrats on your victory! For now...

Old 12-07-2018, 08:47 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by S S
I concede...
My dealer refuses to provide a definitive answer on the PADM issue, after the last several weeks, which is something I will address with them separately... They are sticking to their story, probably to save face.... who knows? I won't belabor this here any further.
Alex, if you would be so kind as to provide an address for the win, I'll get it shipped. Alternatively, my T should be in my hands come Christmas-time and I'm definitely up for a meet-up between Houston and Austin as well. Up to you. Congrats on your victory! For now...

Man, I really appreciate the gesture. And to think some people say we can't have civilized discussions on RL

Congrats on the soon-to-arrive T, and I will be more than happy to meet you T-2-T in Austin early January when I would go visit my son there.

Cheers!
Old 12-07-2018, 09:08 PM
911-TOUR
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 156 Posts

Houston-Austin T meetup? Count me in!
Old 12-07-2018, 10:25 PM
JYT
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default It’s beyond me...

I can track a $5 outdoor tape from amazon with a surgical precision but my Porsche dealer can’t track a truck with 12 of their vehicles headed their way.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:07 AM
Haliax
Racer

My next addition to my new T: original glovebox emblem. I stole this idea from alex_c 😝

I think I’m going to saw off the mounting pegs with my Dremel tool and then Gorilla glue it to the glovebox.

Old 12-08-2018, 12:08 AM
Grantsfo
Racer

Received 248 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by jkyrennist
I can track a $5 outdoor tape from amazon with a surgical precision but my Porsche dealer can’t track a truck with 12 of their vehicles headed their way.
amazon has invested millions into their distribution systems at a loss for years and use parcel companies for most of their deliveries. They are a distribution company who depend on reliable delivery to be successful.. And I can say they haven’t tracked many of my deliveries with precision after all that investment.

Porsche on other hand is a design and manufacturing company that make profit. Not an excuse but their product can tolerate a bit of delivery uncertainty. ...did you cancel your order because you couldn’t track your Porsche with precision? Lol!
Old 12-08-2018, 07:32 AM
JYT
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Grantsfo

amazon has invested millions into their distribution systems at a loss for years and use parcel companies for most of their deliveries. They are a distribution company who depend on reliable delivery to be successful.. And I can say they haven’t tracked many of my deliveries with precision after all that investment.

Porsche on other hand is a design and manufacturing company that make profit. Not an excuse but their product can tolerate a bit of delivery uncertainty. ...did you cancel your order because you couldn’t track your Porsche with precision? Lol!
F that. These trucks need to be tracked. Adds cx value. Not that hard. I’m sure these transport cos already track their trucks. When all fails, track the driver’s phone.
Old 12-08-2018, 11:55 AM
Apollo Falcon
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 34 Posts

Always would be down for a "Texas T" meet!
Old 12-08-2018, 05:09 PM
lee88
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 19 Posts

My '19 T arrived this week. Started break-in period right away with the nursery school run.

Old 12-08-2018, 05:23 PM
991.two
Racer

Received 122 Likes on 56 Posts

Beautiful T, love the color. I see you bought Scott's 72 ST. Fast car.
Mark
Old 12-08-2018, 05:40 PM
lee88
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 991.two
Beautiful T, love the color. I see you bought Scott's 72 ST. Fast car.
Mark
Indeed Scott's ST is an astonishingly quick car. I've gotten it out for a track day and a couple casual road rallies with friends, but mostly it's a back road fun car. Really a special build and a joy to own.

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club