Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 04:12 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 758 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by Pep!RRRR
I owned a 2016 Spyder and currently have a T. Power wise, the two are not all that different. Obviously the T has more low end torque, but if you step on it hard, both cars respond well. I’m not real happy with the very light clutch feel and the marginally useable shift mechanism of the T. Almost to the point that I wonder if something is not working properly. 4th to 5th is very inconsistent. About 25% of the time it doesn’t go into 5th on the first try. Guess I’m just spoiled by the great six speed in my Cayman. Or maybe I need to take the T in to the dealer? I also hate the inability to disable the auto blip function, short of turning PSM off. SPASM is “meh” so far. Rather have analog like X73.

I like the lightweight glass. It is very transparent and very cool ��.
The stock shifter in the 991.2 takes some getting used to. I just switched to a weighted **** and it solved everything...
SPASM also feels like its "detuned" in the T compared to other models.
Old 08-08-2018, 04:16 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 723 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
SPASM also feels like its "detuned" in the T compared to other models.
Not as crisp? Need some details...
Old 08-08-2018, 04:37 PM
shing911500e
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Good read and video from Matt Farah / Spike Feresten on the T and GT3T

http://www.thedrive.com/video/22554/...for-the-answer
Old 08-08-2018, 04:39 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Spasm is definitely a bit stiffer than a c2 with 20s on it in the regular setting. The stance is different also. I do feel like the spasm in the T is calibrated really well. Its just that the settings dont feel very different with respect to the ride and handling. Maybe a bit stiffer in sport +. If i had to quantify it i would say 20%, topps. For example, once i forgot it on for the duration of the ride and was like..." oh it was on". Another time i took and exit ramp at very high speed in "regular" suspension mode and thought "damn, this handles awesome". Then proceeded to turn on the sport chassis for the next ramp and thought "damn, this handles awesome". Couldnt really tell a big difference. Hopefully these examples help. I didnt take it on track or push it to the limits, but have pushed it hard enough where the rear starts to break loose and it feels similar in both modes. Planted and controllable. I can, however, tell the difference between pasm on other models, and spasm.. and spasm has less body roll (but not as flat as pdcc). The T definitely has more body roll than an S or gts with pdcc.
Old 08-08-2018, 04:51 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 723 Likes on 333 Posts

Spasm is definitely a bit stiffer than a c2 with 20s on it in the regular setting. The stance is different also. I do feel like the spasm in the T is calibrated really well. Its just that the settings dont feel very different with respect to the ride and handling. Maybe a bit stiffer in sport +. If i had to quantify it i would say 20%, topps. For example, once i forgot it on for the duration of the ride and was like..." oh it was on". Another time i took and exit ramp at very high speed in "regular" suspension mode and thought "damn, this handles awesome". Then proceeded to turn on the sport chassis for the next ramp and thought "damn, this handles awesome". Couldnt really tell a big difference. Hopefully these examples help. I didnt take it on track or push it to the limits, but have pushed it hard enough where the rear starts to break loose and it feels similar in both modes. Planted and controllable. I can, however, tell the difference between pasm on other models, and spasm.. and spasm has less body roll (but not as flat as pdcc). The T definitely has more body roll than an S or gts with pdcc.
Thanks for offering your opinion. I've had 3 cars that had some sort of push button suspension setting. On all 3 I noticed that the most performance oriented setting was not something I used as it sacrificed all semblance of compliance (especially that Focus RS I had). So I take your comments as a positive in my book. If Sport+ is just a bit stiffer then that's just fine for me.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:09 PM
supercroc
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Rear Package shelf

As fond as I am of reinventing the wheel, was just wondering if anyone was aware of a kit to delete the rear seats and replace with package shelf. Very aware of using the GT3 parts swap approach but it appears that some rudimentary carpentry could serve as an alternative. As part of the project would need the source for the Sport Tex fabric to cover the panel(am currently making templates for a shelf that would be 3" - 4" below the level of the folded seat backs and extending ~5" further forward). Full reversibility to stock a requirement.
Also, any opinions of the various "tunes" available for 991.2?
Old 08-08-2018, 05:10 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Yeah spasm in the 991.2 is pretty nice. Doesnt ruin the ride like some folks complained about in the .1. The T might have a little bit more compliant programming in the stiffest setting than the other models as well but i dont have enough seat time in those to say for sure
Old 08-08-2018, 05:43 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 452 Likes on 309 Posts

Saw a 911T for the first time today. My dealer surprised me with a Silver one and a Red one on the lot today. The Red one really caught my eye. The interior is gorgeous with the Black Leather interior with Red stitching, Red pinstripe fabric seat inserts, Red SC clock, and Red seatbelts. It even had the Bose. Didn't see the window stickers, so can't comment. They must have just received them. I thought T's were hard to get...
Old 08-08-2018, 09:14 PM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

@Rennolazine
Thanks for the shifter comments. Which **** did you get?

It’s weird going from 4th to 5th. Most of the time the shift is normal, but sometimes it doesn’t go in and feels like something is out of place and in the way. None of our other cars with manual transmissions do anything like this. (Well the 86 Targa is a bit finicky but that is part of its charm).

I think I’ll use the auto rev match for awhile and see if it helps. At least that should rule out an issue with the synchros.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:23 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

I got the raceseng signature ****. The weight helps counter the spring resistance. Im also testing out the topology **** trying to get my ergonomics perfect, its coming in a few days. Ill post pics. I have the install video on my channel. I wouldnt recommend the center console disassembly unless you have black aluminum trim or are worried about fine scratches. You can pop the shift boot out with a flat thin screw driver on most cars. The rest of the install is the same.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:19 AM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by 09RedGTS
Saw a 911T for the first time today. My dealer surprised me with a Silver one and a Red one on the lot today. The Red one really caught my eye. The interior is gorgeous with the Black Leather interior with Red stitching, Red pinstripe fabric seat inserts, Red SC clock, and Red seatbelts. It even had the Bose. Didn't see the window stickers, so can't comment. They must have just received them. I thought T's were hard to get...
Depends on where you live, in some areas the dealers have sold all their allocations and but in some locations cars are becoming available as stock inventory. The overall consensus is that there are less T made than GT3's
Old 08-09-2018, 02:32 PM
MDJAK
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to have you here!!! Like you say on Macan Forum... Pics or it didn't happen.
Pete
I very much appreciate that welcome. I really didn't want to make waves.

I decided to ring up the dealer today to check on car. They sent me a pic of the screen showing it's at port but hasn't gone through pdi yet. I'm guessing another week.

Once I get it, pics will be posted.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:31 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Yeah spasm in the 991.2 is pretty nice. Doesnt ruin the ride like some folks complained about in the .1. The T might have a little bit more compliant programming in the stiffest setting than the other models as well but i dont have enough seat time in those to say for sure
I actually found the ride a little choppy on concrete roads where each section add a little undulation. Based on comments from the GT3 and GT4 forum, I changed out the controller with a TPC Racing DSC controller. It is fantastic. You can also change the resistance to whatever you want in Normal and in Sport settings, or load different settings for the track .
Old 08-09-2018, 05:58 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Nice. How much is it? And is it hard to install?
Old 08-09-2018, 06:23 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Nice. How much is it? And is it hard to install?
it is $1300, since I don't have backseats, it takes 5 minutes to install. I understand for cars with backseat, it is a little more cumbersome. The PASM unit is located on the shelf in the rear under the carpet.

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club