Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 10:24 PM
Haliax
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 25 Posts

My T came with tires inflated to 35 psi front and 45 psi rear by the dealership.

I recently changed it to the fully loaded comfort settings of 31/39 as per the manual and now my daily commute is much more comfortable.
Old 05-01-2019, 11:26 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 361 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by white6speed
Do you have a model order # and the web site.
Thanks
Sure!

You can find them here:

https://selectionrs.com/en/module/bw...h?q=CA04319004

The Silver T should be at the top of the page.

Scroll towards the bottom of the page for the yellow and white ones.

Cheers!
Old 05-02-2019, 02:19 AM
seis-speed
Pro

Received 426 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
Ive run the titanium akrapovic muffler with stock headers/cats, and currently have the full steel kline system (headers/200cell cats/xpipe). Both are really awesome and you can tell the car has an exhaust note change (volume and character) Akra has a different pitch due to titanium, havent heard the inconnel kline in person. The kline system is less drony due to the x pipe design and sounds meaner (obvioulsly with headers/high flow cats). The car sounds like its on fire above 5k rpm with the kline but has the most turbo noise outside at low speed (more flow).
If youre going for different pitch then titanium is a good option, but I would say the steel kline exhaust system is glorious. Ill hope to make a video in the next month or two of stock vs akra vs kline, 3 different Ts.
Perfect! I subscribed to your channel when I bought the T, will you post it there?

Thank you!

As for the PSI discussion, I like 35 front 39 rear for this time of year.
As it gets warmer, I would reduce slightly.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:13 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by siete-speed
Perfect! I subscribed to your channel when I bought the T, will you post it there?

Thank you!

As for the PSI discussion, I like 35 front 39 rear for this time of year.
As it gets warmer, I would reduce slightly.
ill post it on the channel and here as well
31/33 for me in summer, 33/35 when its cold. Both sets of pirellis like this, it goes up during driving and i start losing traction in the high 30s. Low 40s is like ice skates even with warm tires
Old 05-02-2019, 10:41 AM
Ikone
Burning Brakes

Received 608 Likes on 291 Posts

Does going into 3rd gear from 2nd feel a bit different than the other gears to you guys? I notice a bit of grab or something to that effect. I think it's only below 4k. Anything above 4k and well warmed up, it seems to be more notchy. Just wondering.

cheers.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:44 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikone
Does going into 3rd gear from 2nd feel a bit different than the other gears to you guys? I notice a bit of grab or something to that effect. I think it's only below 4k. Anything above 4k and well warmed up, it seems to be more notchy. Just wondering.

cheers.
park it in 3rd gear a few times to loosen up the spring tension it should go away.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:46 AM
Ikone
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
park it in 3rd gear a few times to loosen up the spring tension it should go away.
Cool. I'll try that.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:19 AM
Nathing32
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

First track day with the T this past Friday at PIR. I went out with an instructor to help me get familiar with the car on track. I almost lost it two laps in going into a tight right hand turn (7) at about 45 mph with the back end coming out faster than I expected. Next session I pushed it a bit harder and nearly slid completely off track on a sweeping off-camber left hander (6). Got the juices flowing for sure! The next two sessions got progressively faster but smoother. By the end of the day I was way more confident and way in love with this car.

My instructor was great all the way through. I told him I wanted to get to know the car’s limits and learn how to work within them and he helped me get there in each aspect. Braking is a serious thrill with this car, and something I’m still working out. The PCCBs are remarkable. They warm up after the first time you push them and then they stay completely consistent lap after lap. No fade, just incredible stopping power. The front straight was configured without the standard chicane for this event so it was over 1/2 mile long. Slowing from 140+ to 65ish to make turn 4 was mind blowing. My instructor kept having me delay onset of braking each time around. I was getting to the point where I thought I was just shy of lockup but the car felt complete stable and glued and I’m sure I was still leaving more on the table.

Totally fun. Completely satisfied with the T’s performance. I want to got back out there ASAP.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:40 AM
Ikone
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Nathing32
First track day with the T this past Friday at PIR. I went out with an instructor to help me get familiar with the car on track. I almost lost it two laps in going into a tight right hand turn (7) at about 45 mph with the back end coming out faster than I expected. Next session I pushed it a bit harder and nearly slid completely off track on a sweeping off-camber left hander (6). Got the juices flowing for sure! The next two sessions got progressively faster but smoother. By the end of the day I was way more confident and way in love with this car.

My instructor was great all the way through. I told him I wanted to get to know the car’s limits and learn how to work within them and he helped me get there in each aspect. Braking is a serious thrill with this car, and something I’m still working out. The PCCBs are remarkable. They warm up after the first time you push them and then they stay completely consistent lap after lap. No fade, just incredible stopping power. The front straight was configured without the standard chicane for this event so it was over 1/2 mile long. Slowing from 140+ to 65ish to make turn 4 was mind blowing. My instructor kept having me delay onset of braking each time around. I was getting to the point where I thought I was just shy of lockup but the car felt complete stable and glued and I’m sure I was still leaving more on the table.

Totally fun. Completely satisfied with the T’s performance. I want to got back out there ASAP.
Sounds like an awesome day. I wish I had the guts to track mine. Just too worried about insurance issues.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:02 AM
Norge911
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 368 Posts

Sweet
Old 05-06-2019, 12:02 PM
6sigma
Rennlist Member

Received 452 Likes on 182 Posts

I noticed the spoiler in my CT will automatically deploy at different speeds when I have the windows down. I have read the spoiler behaves differently with a sunroof open, but my CT does not have a sunroof. I was driving around this past weekend and noticed the spoiler coming up at odd speeds - 30-40mph, or even less. It has never done that before, but I don't recall having both windows down before. Must be some algorithm based on window position. It also seems to have something to do with how aggressively I'm driving - I swear I noticed it coming up early if I got on the gas hard. Anyone else notice different spoiler behavior with the windows down?
Old 05-06-2019, 12:18 PM
wbrownie
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I haven't noticed the spoiler coming up earlier with the windows but definitely comes up earlier based on acceleration. I think I read somewhere that it comes up to get air into the engine but don't quote me on it.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:06 PM
Ikone
Burning Brakes

By the way, did you turn off traction control completely or PSM on/off? And what mode (sport/sport plus) were you driving in?

cheers.
Old 05-07-2019, 01:35 AM
Nathing32
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikone
By the way, did you turn off traction control completely or PSM on/off? And what mode (sport/sport plus) were you driving in?

cheers.
Sport+ all day but I didn’t touch the PSM button. Saving that for next time. Even with it in standard “PSM on” the car let the back end out a couple of times. Not a lot but enough to let me know I was near the edge without nanny mode hiding it from me.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:28 AM
Ikone
Burning Brakes

Sport+ all day but I didn’t touch the PSM button. Saving that for next time. Even with it in standard “PSM on” the car let the back end out a couple of times. Not a lot but enough to let me know I was near the edge without nanny mode hiding it from me.
Thanks for the info. Yeah, I heard it will squirm out a bit, but let you keep in control. I haven't pushed mine that hard yet and was curious.

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club