Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 05:14 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,318 Likes on 487 Posts

Originally Posted by 6sigma
Took delivery of my T today! Cold and damp weather, but fitted with Sottozeros it felt really stable. I drove it about a hundred miles today and have some quick initial impressions and questions. This is my first Porsche so new user perspective below. Overall, very impressed!
  • Plenty of low-end torque makes driving in town a breeze
  • Very little turbo lag - I can sense it only in a high gear at low RPM. Throttle response is really good and it loves to rev
  • Rev-match works surprisingly well and is unobtrusive. I was worried it would get in the way, as I instinctively rev-match when driving. So far, it seems to stay out of the way unless I let it work.
  • My car has the convenience package w/ 18-ways, including dimming mirrors, heated seats, and bi-xenon w/PDLS
    • Heated seats are the best I've ever used - heat up very fast and get very warm
    • Dimming mirrors are a great benefit given the car is so low and so many giant pickups around. I don't intend to tint and am very glad to have the dimming mirrors (all 3)
    • PDLS works really well. Bi-xenons are very bright and clear - might be the best headlights I've ever had
  • I can't get the steering wheel in a position where I can see the side-most gauges clearly. The center 3 are perfect but the others are obscured by the wheel. Will continue to experiment with different positions. I LOVE the gauges though - analog, clear, and sized just right.
  • Tech notes
    • Built-in nav is mediocre. I'm really disappointed Android Auto is not supported.
    • I get notifications of new both new SMS and emails via Bluetooth sync. Unfortunately the notification in PCM does not differentiate between texts and emails, so I have to click to see which it is. I get way too many emails for this to be a workable solution. How do I disable email notification but retain SMS notification? I believe I can disable email notification on my cell which would probably stop PCM from alerting me to new email, but then I don't have any notification on my cell. Just seems strange as I've never had any other car sync emails identically as SMS
    • Overall PCM is mediocre to weak. Cumbersome UI and menu structure and seems to lack common features available in much less expensive brands. This wouldn't be as big of a deal to me if Android Auto was supported, but alas it isn't. I need to spend more time with it to learn all the options and settings.
    • Bose system sounds pretty good with a little tweaking
  • Overall build quality is excellent.
  • Shifting from 7th to 6th or 5th takes a little practice. I keep grabbing 4th instead of 6th.
  • Racing yellow rocks! Subjective opinion, of course, but I think it looks great and gets a lot of looks. It is showy though.
  • PSE sounds great!
As I said, overall I'm very impressed. It is clearly a high quality car with good attention to detail. Looking forward to more seat time!
Congrats, 6sigma! Looks great!

My T is my 4th Porsche and definitely my favourite! I got mine in April and have done 10,850 miles already.

I love the rev-matching feature (and PSE) so consequently drive in Sport mode 95% of the time. Apart from seeing the boost info on the dashboard, I pretty much forget day to day that it’s turbocharged, so inconspicuous is the turbo lag.

For me, the heated seats are great, as are the auto-dimming mirrors, but not quite as good as the heated steering wheel!

And yes, I too find that the dials on the far left and right are always partly obscured by the wheel/stalks, so as a result, I don’t look at them much. This must be in part due to the smaller diameter steering wheel. Most of my attention is given to the central rev counter and the multi-function ‘dial’ to its right.

Am not too bothered about the ‘mediocre’ tech stuff, as mostly just use the radio and sat nav. Am not much of a tech guy.

And I have absolutely no regrets whatsoever about opting for Racing Yellow with the matching Carrera T Interior Package. It just makes me smile and brightens up the dullest day.

Enjoy many happy T miles!
Old 12-29-2018, 05:16 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by anythingbuttime
Picked it up this evening. More pictures to follow.
Many congrats! Yet another beautiful T to brighten up the world! Looking forward to your first impressions and more photos.
Old 12-29-2018, 12:45 PM
anythingbuttime
Pro

Received 377 Likes on 201 Posts

Carrera T Interior (Red),Seat Heating,Fire Extinguisher,Smoking Package,Bose, Voice Control,Sport Chrono Package, Sport Chrono Dial in Red, Steering column casing in Leather, Full Leather
Old 12-29-2018, 12:55 PM
GT3ZZZ
Racer

Received 192 Likes on 107 Posts

Love the Sport Design mirrors in Agate, very nice
Old 12-29-2018, 01:03 PM
anythingbuttime
Pro

Originally Posted by GT3ZZZ
Love the Sport Design mirrors in Agate, very nice
As do I, when I first spec'd I had added folding mirrors, not realizing you lost the Sport Design Mirrors in the process. Lucky catch.
Old 12-29-2018, 01:18 PM
glenncurtis
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Carrera T Interior (Red),Seat Heating,Fire Extinguisher,Smoking Package,Bose, Voice Control,Sport Chrono Package, Sport Chrono Dial in Red, Steering column casing in Leather, Full Leather
Congratulations! From a fellow Guards Red owner too.
Old 12-30-2018, 02:41 AM
Haliax
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 25 Posts

Congratulations to all the new T owners! My solution to the clunky PCM was to just completely turn it off. I looked up how to do it in the manual (just hold down the left rotary button until it turns off) and haven’t turned it on once since.

One cool thing it does however is turn on the back-up camera when I put the car in reverse. When I shift out of reverse, it goes back to being off again. Also, it stays off permanently until you turn it back on again (unlike the auto start/stop button).

I find that I never look at the far right and left gauges because the analog information they contain (boost, water temp, oil temp, oil pressure) is what I have decided to show in digital form on the multifunction gauge.

One thing that is spotty at best is the homelink garage door opener. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. I ended up keeping a spare garage door opener in the car for when the homelink button doesn’t get the job done. Anyone else have that issue?
Old 12-30-2018, 02:57 AM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Received 838 Likes on 416 Posts

My garage opener works flawlessly. Better than my other cars. And I love the CarPlay feature. Works well. If youre using Android then I’d probably also shut it off.
Old 12-30-2018, 05:12 PM
newtown03
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, here's my LWB inserts that came from P1Designs in Texas, Pepita Black/White Houndstooth, they have an option to include the foam and only take 5 mins a seat to replace, they include a nice storage bag to put the factory foam/covers in.

P1Designs was great to deal with and they only took a week to get, I love the look on my white T.

Thank you
Greg

Old 12-30-2018, 05:46 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

^^^ They look great!
Old 12-30-2018, 06:06 PM
anythingbuttime
Pro

Originally Posted by glenncurtis
Congratulations! From a fellow Guards Red owner too.
Glenn,
Thank you, we couldn't go wrong with Red. I noticed the stitching on the dash end trim, does that mean you also have stitched defroster vents and sport Chrono? If so, can you snap a picture for me? If there was one option I was really on the fence with it was the extended leather dash.
Greg
Old 12-30-2018, 06:31 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

Newtown, seats looks great.
Old 12-30-2018, 09:38 PM
6sigma
Rennlist Member

Received 491 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by bonn72
My garage opener works flawlessly. Better than my other cars. And I love the CarPlay feature. Works well. If youre using Android then I’d probably also shut it off.
No issues with the Homelink opener so far.

I use Android and don't want to switch my main cell, but am considering picking up a used iPhone solely to keep in the car for CarPlay. I could keep it it the center console or glove box plugged into USB. That would give me access to Google Maps, Waze, and music apps via CarPlay..
Old 12-30-2018, 10:57 PM
Haliax
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 25 Posts

Another Sunday evening drive with my daughter. This time up South Mountain with a view of downtown Phoenix.

Old 12-30-2018, 11:53 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Received 838 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by Haliax
Another Sunday evening drive with my daughter. This time up South Mountain with a view of downtown Phoenix.

That’s awesome! Looking forward to my daughter turning 2 in May, so I can finally take her out on drives.

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club