>>The Official Porsche 991.2/911T Club<<Purist Driver's Car>> - Page 73 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 991
Reload this Page >

>>The Official Porsche 991.2/911T Club<<Purist Driver's Car>>

Notices
Sponsored by:

>>The Official Porsche 991.2/911T Club<<Purist Driver's Car>>

Old 12-30-2018, 05:41 PM
newtown03
User

Hi, attached are photos if you choose the interior "Trim in Leather in Interior Color" option to replace the shiny black trim, I like, and it's a $0 option

Old 12-30-2018, 08:22 PM
S S
User

^^^ Great color, Greg! Shipping blocks was one of my first checks! Dealer also went with the "full load" 35/45 psi tire pressures out of the box. I went down to thepartial load of 31/37 psi now.

Old 12-30-2018, 08:59 PM
newtown03
User

Hi, nice thought on psi, I need to check this, the drive home was pretty brutal on bumps with the shipping blocks still installed...service department seemed pretty embarrassed about what happened.

Thank you
Greg

Originally Posted by S S View Post
^^^ Great color, Greg! Shipping blocks was one of my first checks! Dealer also went with the "full load" 35/45 psi tire pressures out of the box. I went down to thepartial load of 31/37 psi now.

Old 12-30-2018, 09:06 PM
S S
User

Originally Posted by newtown03 View Post
Hi, nice thought on psi, I need to check this, the drive home was pretty brutal on bumps with the shipping blocks still installed...service department seemed pretty embarrassed about what happened.

Thank you
Greg
Cool. And as they should be! Hopefully nothing permanent, but they know they're on the hook now if you have suspension drama in the future.

If you drop the psi too, don't forget to change your settings in the PCM gauge screen. They made it pretty easy (better than the .1 cars) with selecting the defaults. Enjoy!

Old 01-13-2019, 02:57 AM
Haliax
User

Originally Posted by Apollo Falcon View Post
Yes it was only the rear window. I could have lived with it but I'm an impossible perfectionist. The rear quarters looked fine. The installer himself was not happy with the job and tried over and over to get it right but couldn't. He had to call some dude at Xpel from Houston to come to San Antonio. In the meantime, we just removed everything for uniformity. They also had a GT2 RS there that the owner wanted tinted. So apparently the Xpel guy from Houston came up here to tint the GT2 RS with my guy. He hasn't returned my call on how it went. Haven't heard back...maybe he's away for the holiday.

Don't do it! the polycarbonate glass off gases with heat. Additionally, the normal adhesive they use with regular glass and tint is not good for our glass. Apparently it damages it in the long-run in combination with the off-gassing. Then if you want it removed, it is a hassle to get the adhesive off the Gorilla glass. On normal glass, the can just razor the adhesive off. Obviously, I have not experimented with this. I've only trolled tint blogs (yeah that exists).
Hey Apollo Falcon! Any update on your tinting dilemma?

The summer heat is not far off here in AZ and I need to figure out what I'm going to do about tinting my windows.

Thanks!
Old 01-13-2019, 04:43 AM
Wing Commander
User

Originally Posted by newtown03 View Post
Hi, attached are photos if you choose the interior "Trim in Leather in Interior Color" option to replace the shiny black trim, I like, and it's a $0 option

Nice.

I have the same leather trim option to replace the shiny black plastic. Looks good with my full leather interior with Racing Yellow Carrera T Interior Package.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:26 PM
garfunkle
User

Old 02-13-2019, 10:34 PM
FORENN
was Es macht nichts
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by garfunkle View Post
Sorry, couldn't do it if I had to.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: >>The Official Porsche 991.2/911T Club<<Purist Driver's Car>>

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: