Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennchip tuning

Old 04-03-2018, 04:27 AM
siriuks
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001f4s
Siriuks, just got my Rennchip, but have not had time to install it. I also plan to put my car on a Dyno for w and w/o Rennchip results.

I wanted to let you know that I learned from my reseller that the Rennchip boxes that end in the number "1" have the Bluetooth functionality. From the looks of it, your box serial number does not indicate that you have the Bluetooth capability.
No one did tell me about this...
yet I don not receive any respond from Rennchip about exchange or refund...........
I am not very satisfied with their attitude..
Old 04-05-2018, 01:39 AM
Ryan52589
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001f4s
Siriuks, just got my Rennchip, but have not had time to install it. I also plan to put my car on a Dyno for w and w/o Rennchip results.

I wanted to let you know that I learned from my reseller that the Rennchip boxes that end in the number "1" have the Bluetooth functionality. From the looks of it, your box serial number does not indicate that you have the Bluetooth capability.
Keep us in the loop how the install goes on your 991.2 base!
Old 04-10-2018, 10:35 AM
siriuks
Track Day

Now I am having an issue with CEL related to MAF sensor.
Also, I had RPM hesitation on fifth and above gear when I pushed hardly like WOT situation or no-throttle to full throttle. (Very very noticeable and feeling sucks)
So I had to take off the box from the vehicle. My stealer-ship almost denied my warranty so I had to beg them for deleting CEL.
Rennchip closed their website and they keep ignoring my emails. Never answered phone calls as well.
Before you purchase this box, you have to be very aware of the danger having CEL + Rennchip's poor customer service.
I can't even re-sell this mafuxxxx tuning box to anyone else.
Now I just ordered DTE PowerControl Box again and let's see how it works.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:16 AM
2001f4s
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by siriuks
Also, I had RPM hesitation on fifth and above gear when I pushed hardly like WOT situation or no-throttle to full throttle. (Very very noticeable and feeling sucks)
So I had to take off the box from the vehicle. My stealer-ship almost denied my warranty so I had to beg them for deleting CEL.
Rennchip closed their website and they keep ignoring my emails. Never answered phone calls as well.
Before you purchase this box, you have to be very aware of the danger having CEL + Rennchip's poor customer service.
Siriuks, this is scary. Thanks for the heads up. I am about to install my Rennchip box tomorrow, assuming the weather holds. I will check in with the local reseller in the US and let you know how he responds.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:53 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Why don't you just get a proper ECU tune? I'm extremely happy with mine. Never doing a piggyback again.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:40 PM
siriuks
Track Day

Originally Posted by reacher
Why don't you just get a proper ECU tune? I'm extremely happy with mine. Never doing a piggyback again.
Where did you get your ECU tuned?
Old 04-11-2018, 07:31 AM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Where did you get your ECU tuned?
I got a Eurocharged tune and have been beyond happy with it (I also have their tune on my X5M), but there are several other options as well. I haven't seen a ton of people report back on the various tunes, but the ones I've seen have been very happy with them.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:06 AM
siriuks
Track Day

anyone heared about mcchip?
Old 04-12-2018, 12:23 AM
LavaGTS
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes what about mcchip?
Old 04-12-2018, 09:03 AM
2001f4s
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Siriuks, are you getting out of the Rennchip?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rennchip tuning