Sponsored by:

Washing and drying (MF towels)

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 10:36 PM
Porscheforever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Washing and drying (MF towels)

I have around 15 micro fiber towels that I use simultaneously for every car wash. I am getting tired of washing and drying them every time.

How do you clean and dry your towels for your P cars?

The way I wash the towels are with conventional method (put towels in bucket, put detergent, stir by hand, etc). And the drying is with conventional method too (wring the towel by hand). I then hang the towels all in my garage near Air Conditioning Unit (takes awfully long time to dry). There must be a better way to do these.

My question is:

1. Should I invest in a towel wringer (like dyna-jet)? I'm not sure if it is good idea to flatten the fibers, although it seems to be able to rid off water quickly.

2. Should I forget the towel wringer, and just invest in towel warmer that can warm/dry the towels up to 130F (the hooked up pipe with oils in it and powered by electric current)? If you have used one, how well it can dry the towel?

3. Is there some kind of small and portable laundry washing machine that I can use in garage? I do not need a large machine because I only use them for 15 towels and maybe once a month. I do not want to use my household washing machine to wash these towels.

PF
Old 09-15-2017, 10:44 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 401 Posts

Is there something against washing them separately in a clothes washer and dry them in a dryer?
Old 09-15-2017, 10:50 PM
Porscheforever
Racer

Originally Posted by CSK 911 C4S
Is there something against washing them separately in a clothes washer and dry them in a dryer?
Just for hygiene issues because the gazillion chemicals from the used towels can stick onto the machines during washing / drying. I do not want them sticking to my clothes and skin later even in small amount
Old 09-15-2017, 11:02 PM
johnc510
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Maybe I've been doing it wrong all these years but I've just always stuck them in my regular washer and dryer - using bleach in the wash cycle. Hasn't harmed any of my clothes yet.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:58 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 3,879 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Why are you using towels? That's so last century....

Buy this. You will never regret the purchase and ditch the towels:

Amazon Amazon
Old 09-16-2017, 12:16 AM
asia
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by drcollie
+1 less MF.

MB dryer works very well. But I still use MF to clean/dry under hood, under trunk lid, and door jams.

With power washer/foamer and wool mitt, no need for MF washing. Except I do use one MF to spot tar remover.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:38 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Laundry mat for the necessary ones needed.

Also use Master Blaster to cut down on towels. Have a good ceramic coating applied to make water fly off.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:54 AM
Porscheforever
Racer

https://www.amazon.com/Metro-MB-3CD-...master+blaster
Thanks for the suggestion, but I am already using Hitachi FRB which is a blower just like master blaster. These blowers are good for wheels and hard to reach areas where water hid (behind wheels, side mirrors, bottom headlights etc), but it can never replace micro fiber towels.

Besides, you need to use mf towels for waxing, polishing, etc. These towels after waxing and polishing need to be washed and dried because it can pick up dirt. I just cannot imagine how you can detail a car without using them.

PF
Old 09-16-2017, 12:57 AM
asia
Racer

Originally Posted by Porscheforever
Thanks for the suggestion, but I am already using Hitachi FRB which is a blower just like master blaster. These blowers are good for wheels and hard to reach areas where water hid (behind wheels, side mirrors, bottom headlights etc), but it can never replace micro fiber towels.

Besides, you need to use mf towels for waxing, polishing, etc. These towels after waxing and polishing need to be washed and dried because it can pick up dirt. I just cannot imagine how you can detail a car without using them.

PF
Like STG says. Coated paint & wheels. No waxing, no polishing. Just few needed MF.
Old 09-16-2017, 01:00 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by asia
Like STG says. Coated paint & wheels. No waxing, no polishing, just MB drying.

Yup. Only a few towels for quick detailer pretty much.

Only thing you'll use towels for are door jams and stuff like that.

Oh yeah, for the BUGS you'll kill between washes too
Old 09-16-2017, 01:03 AM
Duke I
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Best never to wash mf products with other fabrics -- especially cotton. Wash separately cold with mf restore (from autogeek and others, breaks down a lot of the gunk), extra rinse, dry low/delicate 'till dry. Voila! Almost like new again.

PS. I always wash the wheel and tire towels separately, just in case all of the brake dust doesn't come out.
Old 09-16-2017, 01:08 AM
Porscheforever
Racer

Originally Posted by asia
Like STG says. Coated paint & wheels. No waxing, no polishing. Just few needed MF.
The paint is already ceramic coated. But I still wax and polish it anyway because it shines much better than without under direct light.

PF
Old 09-16-2017, 01:14 AM
asia
Racer

Originally Posted by Porscheforever
The paint is already ceramic coated. But I still wax and polish it anyway because it shines much better than without under direct light.

PF
Ok.

Check out this MF detergent:

https://www.carpro-us.com/microfiber...rgent-1-quart/
Old 09-16-2017, 01:31 AM
johnc510
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

https://www.amazon.com/Metro-MB-3CD-...master+blaster
$300 for a leaf blower equipped with a shop vac hose?? I know the argument, "you can afford a Porsche, don't cheap out on the cleaning equipment". But seriously, how is this different than a powerful $99 shop vac (that has blower capability) with a hose attached to it?
Old 09-16-2017, 01:49 AM
asia
Racer

Originally Posted by johnc510
$300 for a leaf blower equipped with a shop vac hose?? I know the argument, "you can afford a Porsche, don't cheap out on the cleaning equipment". But seriously, how is this different than a powerful $99 shop vac (that has blower capability) with a hose attached to it?
Maybe no different. Try a shop vac, if it works good enough, great. If not, find something better.

Quick Reply: Washing and drying (MF towels)