Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Washing and drying (MF towels)

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 01:57 PM
mikex25

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
Nope. Come on over sometime and see for yourself. If the cotton doesn't move across the paint, it can't scratch the paint. In other words, the technique involves laying a large cotton bath towel across surfaces and then moving your hand over the towel without the towel moving on the paint.

I suggest trying the method sometime after the car has been polished properly and all swirls and light scratches have been removed. I've gone years without adding any of those fine scratches—which drive me crazy.

The only methods I can think of that will dry the car without wiping something over it are blow-drying (which is great if you are at home) or my method (which I developed because I often have to wash cars for photography in the field, and I prefer a "do no harm" approach).
i use a spotless water system on my black car and I never have to touch it or use a blow dryer.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:30 PM
lagodue
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry my bad,
Yet to be mentioned is how to dry your clear coat. Does everyone wash/dry the clear coat with similar technique to the paint?

I meant CLEAR BRA
Surely this plastic, soft skin will require another technique?
Old 09-22-2017, 08:48 AM
mrmojom3
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drcollie
Why are you using towels? That's so last century....

Buy this. You will never regret the purchase and ditch the towels:

https://www.amazon.com/Metro-MB-3CD-...master+blaster
I've never used one of these. Read the Amazon reviews. Overall good but a few said it didnt dry the car completely.

I'm interested.

How long does it take to dry the 911 and do you end up needing to use a towel anyways? Thanks for the info.

I could see the need for this if I'm drying a big car or SUV. But the 911 is so small it only take a couple minutes to wipe down to dry.

Quick Reply: Washing and drying (MF towels)