Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Consensus on stock exhaust and, who is considering getting an AM system?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 01:52 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Hey Alex likewise.... You keeping out of trouble??
Ya I went "hairdryer" this time around.
Hands down.... best mod (of MANY!) on my GT3 was the Shark Werks soundtrack... Hoping to one day liven up the hairdryer soundtrack!!

Haha am I ever And don't you worry about those hair dryers... The blow some mean air on the straights that's for sure! I seriously can't believe how fast they've gotten. I had two 996tt's back in the day.... Feels like to 100mph the new one is so much faster than anything else eh?

Originally Posted by speed21
Lol yeah well I thought it was kinda appropriate in a cynical kinda way hehe plus my daughter said hey this is one is you for sure dad! She still tells me it "so suits me" and don't you dare get rid of it! So I gotta keep her happy. I'm ahead of you in years Alex so as a very young boy I was able to watch the show with RM in it, driving a Volvo of all things (omg!)..which was very trendy and cool back then and way before Volvo got the stigma it has nowadays. Pretty cool show though. Can't recall the guy driving the XJS... I think I must have lost interest like a lot of folks when they changed actors....and cars.
It does suit you actually! You're a good egg.... I'm pushing into the big 4 zero this year so I'm no spring chicken. The actor was about as good as the XJS- completely ****e basically
Old 05-16-2014, 08:11 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkster
Haha am I ever And don't you worry about those hair dryers... The blow some mean air on the straights that's for sure! I seriously can't believe how fast they've gotten. I had two 996tt's back in the day.... Feels like to 100mph the new one is so much faster than anything else eh?

Behaving?... meh, highly over-rated!
Absolutely crazy straight line stuff from the TT! Just wish it sounded half as good as my GT3 with your stuff!!
My cornering G force fix has been taken over with a Formula Renault. Different animal but it's a ton of fun on the learning curve!!

Old 05-17-2014, 10:06 AM
enzom
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Did this thread arrive at a consensus? And forgive me, I can't seem to figure out what an EP exhaust is? Thanks.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:40 AM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by enzom
Did this thread arrive at a consensus? And forgive me, I can't seem to figure out what an EP exhaust is? Thanks.
EP=Europipe
Old 05-17-2014, 06:15 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Exhausts are so variable, you can't ever reach a group consensus. Sound clips are marginally useful, but there are too many variables when recording. If at all possible try and hear it installed in person before buying.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:28 PM
enzom
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by AndrewP
EP=Europipe
Thank you, sir!!! I have searched, but haven't seen any dyno results for the EP exhaust. Any idea what gains can be expected?

Last edited by enzom; 05-18-2014 at 12:44 AM.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:04 PM
Jeff Kay
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a EP on order delivery early June
Old 05-20-2014, 08:54 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi, the consensus I was looking for was how many owners are satisfied with their stock system to the point where they won't change it at all. Also, those that do intend changing what they had heard so far that really did it for them.

Originally Posted by ajag
Exhausts are so variable, you can't ever reach a group consensus. Sound clips are marginally useful, but there are too many variables when recording. If at all possible try and hear it installed in person before buying.
Agree AM systems are variable where it comes to exterior and interior volumes and, the actual sound produced. And it is those aspects that determine the difference between a good system and a brilliant system..

Thank you, sir!!! I have searched, but haven't seen any dyno results for the EP exhaust. Any idea what gains can be expected?
No, but I found this on 6:

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...st-info-2.html
I note Stef quotes more torque and refers to a change in shift points due to the gain and makes reference to back pressure being significantly lowered but in so far as official dyno gains I haven't seen it stated at this stage. That said from my past experience with his system on my 997tt the gains were clearly felt so I imagine it would be the same case with the new 991tt system.

Originally Posted by Jeff Kay
i have a EP on order delivery early June
Looks like you have the champagne ready! Congrats and looking forward to your review....that is if I don't beat you to it lol. You never know...
Are you listening doc?
Old 05-20-2014, 11:38 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Go ahead pull the trigger, what are you waiting for permission or trying to save up?
(Ps don't call me doc, miss21)
Old 05-20-2014, 11:42 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Go ahead pull the trigger, what are you waiting for permission or trying to save up?
(Ps don't call me doc, miss21)
Trigger pulled, I said you would be first to know! Now what's all this popping a fuse over being called "doc" doc? I've always called you that and never a problem so what gives now? Plus I asked what you preferred but you never replied.

PS. Sure hope you aren't like this with your patients....or is it just a bad day?

Last edited by speed21; 05-21-2014 at 12:22 AM.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:25 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Yes I am a doctor, how I am with my patients is none of your f'ing business.
You can call me by my name, not doc. Got it?
Enjoy your aftermarket exhaust, I'm sure it will be fine.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:31 AM
speed21
Banned

Yes I am a doctor, how I am with my patients is none of your f'ing business.
You can call me by my name, not doc. Got it?
Enjoy your aftermarket exhaust, I'm sure it will be fine.
Holy smoke! Are you OK man? Anyway I will call you Chris then.....or Dr Chris to be sure...disrespect not intended...but if it's not fine let me know. Or, did you mean call you your user name TT Surgeon...and not Chris or DR Chris..?

Anyway thanks for the blessing.... will keep you posted on the outcome if you like....again first to know....etc..
Old 05-21-2014, 01:09 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Just Chris , ok
Old 05-21-2014, 01:15 AM
speed21
Banned

Just Chris , ok
Got it. Just wanted to cover all bases.....certainly don't want any more flare ups like this....pretty silly actually given how long i've been calling you doc for now.
Anyway....Chris it is!
Old 05-21-2014, 11:05 AM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

As a fellow physician, I can tell you that physicians hate being called doc. I don't like it either.

Quick Reply: Consensus on stock exhaust and, who is considering getting an AM system?