Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo-230/)
-   -   First impressions with the new 991 TT (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/793959-first-impressions-with-the-new-991-tt.html)

Leo997TT 01-06-2014 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by atcbi5 (Post 11030649)
Tell em Leo, for that price I am getting a used Mc Laren MP12, Lambo or an 09 TT as last resort. What did it for me are the 996 look alike intercooler intakes! They messed up.

Lol I be driving a Bugatti with a Salvage title lmao

Leo997TT 01-06-2014 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by 550bryan (Post 11030297)
For absolute speed the PDK is a no brainer, but then when do we drive our cars at 10/10ths or 9 or even 8, only on the track I hope. I know the PDK would dominate in the stop light derby too, but I try to avoid that too, as I get older and a little mellower. The 6 speed on the other hand is all about the driving experience and the opportunity to be an active participant in the thrill of piloting a competent set of wheels. The paddle shifters are cool, but it's just not the same as mastering the use of those three pedals and the shifter. I'm an older guy so my perspective may be dying, but I still love a manual.

Hmmmm you are in the 50's for sure! Lol I'm just JK I know what you mean... I had a lot of fun with my manual cars..... I remember my old 5.0 Mustang... That car was soooo much fun!

We can blame it on the GTR.... Those bastards are making their 100k car beat 300+ k cars....

What about the GT3? I don't hear anything about it.... I find that car very impressive!

I honestly wish I had enough money to buy them all... Lol

If you have problems with your wife and the cars just dump your wife... Get a younger wife... Yeah they are like cars every year they depreciate a lot...

Boeing 717 01-06-2014 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by speed21 (Post 11030674)
Cute, but I doubt I am the only person who has found the new car better so please accept it is not just me you have the problem with.

Listen cupcake.....my initial response was based solely on the the opinion of the OP. I havent seen the car (in person), Driven the car or smelled the car. I personally don't give a **** if you like it more, find it more amazing or "special". Your really coming across as an arrogant ass. Unlike yourself, I don't have "a problem" with people who have opinions contrary to mine about something as unimportant as a car. But hey, maybe I am illegitimate who knows.

aa909 01-06-2014 08:54 PM

I think we need to defuse the tension here guys. These are expensive toys and everyone has their own perspective. No wrong or right and definitely no absolutes. What's "best" is for the person signing the check to decide.

Sheeeeeeet no one NEEDS a Porsche turbo. So let's enjoy the various opinions and the only absolute truth here is that the GTR and paddle shifters killed all the fun and if you disagree you are obviously missing a chromosome... j/k... Well maybe only a little ;)

Coincident 01-06-2014 09:00 PM

"Something as unimportant as a car". Clearly you jest. Is there anything more important?

Boeing 717 01-06-2014 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Coincident (Post 11030879)
"Something as unimportant as a car". Clearly you jest. Is there anything more important?

Ummm....yea, but only slightly. ;)

speed21 01-06-2014 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Boeing 717 (Post 11030817)
Listen cupcake.....my initial response was based solely on the the opinion of the OP. I havent seen the car (in person), Driven the car or smelled the car. I personally don't give a **** if you like it more, find it more amazing or "special". Your really coming across as an arrogant ass. Unlike yourself, I don't have "a problem" with people who have opinions contrary to mine about something as unimportant as a car. But hey, maybe I am illegitimate who knows.

Someone has their knicker in a bind….

…and arrogant ass? Guess you haven't read your own post yet…..

Let's face it, its not what I've said here at all but merely that I've dared even post here on what a few here think is "their" turf. I think I touched on this point just the other day when I said its no wonder this section is a morgue. Lets face it, dare anyone post here with anything that slightly disagrees with the clan or else! Cupcake? I guess next you will be pulling your gun out? lmfao.:roflmao:

Leo997TT 01-06-2014 09:26 PM

I love this forum! We can be talking about high performance cars and baked goods!!

eurotom 01-06-2014 10:21 PM

Subscribed Cupcakes on a feminine younger wife sound good.

Sat in a new one rearend is like a younger wife love it but not for 200k

atcbi5 01-06-2014 10:56 PM

That front retractable lip, is ridiculous. They probably went to Pontiac for the idea. Maybe this car should be in a youth fair as a bumper car. That's where the front retractable lip might find usage.

Psup4s 01-06-2014 11:40 PM

i test drove 991s and 997s back to back. I honestly liked the 997 better. If the 991 turbo is as unimpressive as it was the S model to me, I would rather spend the money elsewhere. For the sake of the brand, I hope the 991 turbo is a phenomenal car better than previous models

Leo997TT 01-07-2014 12:37 AM

I'm pretty sure we all are gonna like the 991TT when it depreciate a littler and we can afford to buy it! Lmao

speed21 01-07-2014 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by Leo997TT (Post 11031529)
I'm pretty sure we all are gonna like the 991TT when it depreciate a littler and we can afford to buy it! Lmao

Ouch. LOL! something tells me you hit the nail squarely on the head with that one Leo!! Wow I can only just imagine the response I would have got If i'd have said that one Lmao!!! Ooooh boy looking into my crystal ball I can see a bad hair day, some tanties, along with a few water pistols being drawn now!!

fskof 01-07-2014 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Leo997TT (Post 11030810)
I honestly wish I had enough money to buy them all... Lol

If you have problems with your wife and the cars just dump your wife... Get a younger wife... Yeah they are like cars every year they depreciate a lot...

Lol.... so true.... :cheers:

Psup4s 01-07-2014 01:19 AM

philpj, let us know how the test drive goes.