Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo-230/)
-   -   First impressions with the new 991 TT (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/793959-first-impressions-with-the-new-991-tt.html)

Coincident 01-07-2014 05:26 PM

As for 911 interiors, they only became modern and aesthetically pleasing with the 997. The 993 is about as utilitarian as it gets. The steering wheel belongs in a Buick. Truly awful. Could not look or feel less sporty.

The 996 was a slight improvement. A little more modern and upscale but still plasticky and cheap compared to other competitors. Steering wheel still not sporty or exciting and unbelievably used in the CGT. The 997 finally brought Porsche into the new era. Finally a sporty steering wheel with great feel. Still nowhere near Ferrari, Lambo, Maserati or Jag but nice enough. To me the 991 interior has finally entered the new Millenium. Sport Chronos wart now nicely integrated into the dash, better looking vents, center console is conveniently placed and the overall appearance befitting an expensive, upscale vehicle. Clearly others feel differently as virtually with everything Porsche but I felt like offering my 2 cents.

Augustomf 01-07-2014 05:58 PM

:surr:

Originally Posted by Coincident (Post 11033227)
As for 911 interiors, they only became modern and aesthetically pleasing with the 997. The 993 is about as utilitarian as it gets. The steering wheel belongs in a Buick. Truly awful. Could not look or feel less sporty.

The 996 was a slight improvement. A little more modern and upscale but still plasticky and cheap compared to other competitors. Steering wheel still not sporty or exciting and unbelievably used in the CGT. The 997 finally brought Porsche into the new era. Finally a sporty steering wheel with great feel. Still nowhere near Ferrari, Lambo, Maserati or Jag but nice enough. To me the 991 interior has finally entered the new Millenium. Sport Chronos wart now nicely integrated into the dash, better looking vents, center console is conveniently placed and the overall appearance befitting an expensive, upscale vehicle. Clearly others feel differently as virtually with everything Porsche but I felt like offering my 2 cents.

Agree 100%,

And I forgot to mention on my last post, if someone feels that the standard interior is still not up to the level they want they can always pay a little more and get the full leather interior, different stitching, alcantara steering wheel etc.

This is what is nice about Porsche, you can get a base Carrera, and enjoy the car or you can go out and get a fully optioned car TT car.

You go to a Ferrari and you get a fully optioned 458 Italia and that's it. Super options cost you even more, and if you want to take things out than it is called a Stradalle and cost you more. (Porsche does that with RS also)

James88 01-07-2014 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by aa909 (Post 11032071)
Paul you're in Australia right? So why are Porsches et al so expensive? Does the government just have a tax-the-rich mentality or is there some other reason for the huge premiums you pay? What is the local price of the new 991TTS you have your eye on? It just Would make me sick to pay 2X-3X the avg global price.

Can I step in with pricing.

991 TT Over 400k
991 TTS Over 450K

Australian Dollar $0.89 to the USA $1.00

They are really bending us over here in Oz..

phillipj 01-07-2014 06:42 PM

Okay.. I have changed my mind.. I will go down to the dealer, give them my car and cut them a check for $120k.. I'm sure my wife will understand. But that will be years after my death..:cheers:

phillipj 01-07-2014 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by James88 (Post 11033429)

991 TT Over 400k
991 TTS Over 450K

Ouch....That is just wrong...I don't even want to know what a 458 costs..

aa909 01-07-2014 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by James88 (Post 11033429)

991 TT Over 400k
991 TTS Over 450K

WOW!! makes no sense. Modest tariffs to protect domestic businesses are par for the course and make economic sense, but a 150% tax is beyond comprehension. It's basically an F U to the rich guy

James88 01-07-2014 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by aa909 (Post 11033471)
WOW!! makes no sense. Modest tariffs to protect domestic businesses are par for the course and make economic sense, but a 150% tax is beyond comprehension. It's basically an F U to the rich guy

Its not just tax, its Porsche Australia as well who push the pricing up.

Porsche 25th 01-07-2014 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Leo997TT (Post 11031529)
I'm pretty sure we all are gonna like the 991TT when it depreciate a littler and we can afford to buy it! Lmao

Leo gets it!!!!
I traded my '09 997tt on a '14 C4S about two weeks ago. Thus far, I love everything about the new car. 5 years bring a lot of advances in all areas of the car, both luxury and performance. Not to take anything away from the TT, but I will drive the new one much more.
Back to Leo's point; Why didn't I buy a 991TT? Because I'm waiting on one of you fine gents to take the first depreciation drop for me!

One more thought: Affordability has been mentioned several times in this thread. In many instances, I believe it's not about being able to afford it.It is actually about being able to justify it.

Leo997TT 01-07-2014 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by phillipj (Post 11033435)
Okay.. I have changed my mind.. I will go down to the dealer, give them my car and cut them a check for $120k.. I'm sure my wife will understand. But that will be years after my death..:cheers:

Phillip why you don't try to give them you car+ $120+ your wife!!! I hear the new 991TTS comes with HOOKUPLAUNCH !!!!

Leo997TT 01-07-2014 10:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by atcbi5 (Post 11031960)
Yo dawg what about the Prius brah. I have one, you wanna fight?:icon107:

Lmao lol!!! I have a smart!!!! I'm making 60 miles per gallon!!! Your planet killer!!!

Leo997TT 01-07-2014 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by phillipj (Post 11032765)
Yes Somehow my original post got lost in this.. I will drive it later this week.. It's really good to hear everyone's opinion on this car..And yes for most of us I guess the price of the 991 TT is the killer. As for Leo's observation about Porsche going all PDK having to compete with the GTR I believe he is spot on. I guess he's right about guessing everyone's ages too! Also I believe that as years go by younger people will have no idea why anyone would have wanted a manual transmission. It will seem to them like a "flip phone".. I really don't have an issue with the PDK. Yes it would be great if they offered a manual but no other exotic car manufacturer does either.. As for muscle cars yes they are awesome. But I'm afraid that I was bitten by the exotic foreign car bug long ago.. No going back for me. I also agree The McLaren is not the best looking car in the world.. But I was super impressed by my time in the car. The one I drove was wrapped in the Gulf Racing colors and it really looked amazing. And of course the reason I didn't buy one is because I cannot afford a $225K car. I have no problem saying that! It will be interesting to see how sales for the new TT go.. I may be surprised and they will fly out of the showrooms at $180k.. I like Leo and Speed (and I'm sure most of us) would by every car we fancied if we could afford it.. I soon as I drive the TT I will report back..

Phillip!

Get a muscles car, shave your head! And get a tattoo in your neck MS13!!! I promise you nobody will ever mess with you again!! Lmao but you probably gonna end up living in Isla Mujeres for life lmao... (I was there last year with my gf! That was when we just stated dating... REMENBER when I used to be happy before I met her!!! Lmao

Leo997TT 01-07-2014 10:56 PM

I can wait until we start talking about what's the best exhaust for the 991TTS!!! Lmao

Psup4s 01-07-2014 11:01 PM

Anyone know what's the best sounding aftermarket exhaust for a prius? im picking one up next week LMAO

fskof 01-08-2014 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Leo997TT (Post 11034093)
I can wait until we start talking about what's the best exhaust for the 991TTS!!! Lmao

Lol.... and how many people will get banned for that thread?

eurotom 01-08-2014 12:23 AM

Phillip good right up. I agree with most of what was said I had a chance to analyze the car inside and out minus the drive. I'd love it if I had three pedals and please guys lets not start another PDK argument. Chill out

Paul chill out the forum is not ganging up on you but when you continue poking at people can get well..... Pissed off. Sucks about Aussie pricing move to CA

Leo's back and talking **** on both forums cool

There are several new people on the forum and part of the reason you don't see too much traffic on here is because of assholes like us.

Love

Tom