Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo-230/)
-   -   First impressions with the new 991 TT (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/793959-first-impressions-with-the-new-991-tt.html)

Leo997TT 01-07-2014 01:29 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by speed21 (Post 11031588)
Ouch. LOL! something tells me you hit the nail squarely on the head with that one Leo!! Wow I can only just imagine the response I would have got If i'd have said that one Lmao!!! Ooooh boy looking into my crystal ball I can see a bad hair day, some tanties, along with a few water pistols being drawn now!!

I'm including myself in the list!!! I can't afford that car... I wish I have billions!! I will buy every sport car out there!!! Lol I be talking trash in every forum!! Lol

I think Porsche always build great cars and I'm pretty sure they put all their energy in the 991TT... I like the 991TT and I can't wait to see the 991 GT2 RS

Last week I was looking to trade my car for a 2014 Viper!! The price was 110k! I didn't pull the trigger because in the end I like my car way better.... This week the car is 10k cheaper.... Crazy ehh? Those Vipers are pretty sweet but I can't take one step down... From Lambo to SRT Viper.... It's just like trading a 997TT for a Corvette :-/

speed21 01-07-2014 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by fskof (Post 11031634)
Lol.... so true.... :cheers:

Gotta love Leo's honesty and open candour…..

And yep so true!!! :thumbup::cheers:

Originally Posted by Psup4s (Post 11031640)
philpj, let us know how the test drive goes.

Lol do we really need to wait for an outcome?

Originally Posted by Leo997TT (Post 11031660)
I'm including myself in the list!!! I can't afford that car... I wish I have billions!! I will buy every sport car out there!!! Lol I be talking trash in every forum!! Lol

But you are too honest Leo. Hey btw I think the morgue is seeing some activity. Probably not pleasing for some....:roflmao:

PS. If i ever win lotto you and I can go on a super car shopping spree. They will all be good. Promise….and no cheap nasty 991TTS ok? LMAO!

fskof 01-07-2014 01:43 AM

That viper looks great but you are right, I would not sell the Lambo for it.... but to add it to a collection...now thats a different story

speed21 01-07-2014 01:48 AM

T'is a hot looking car that viper. I hope the interior is up to scratch.

Leo997TT 01-07-2014 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by speed21 (Post 11031683)
T'is a hot looking car that viper. I hope the interior is up to scratch.

Their seats are from the same company that make the Ferrari seats... The interior it's nice for sure... A lot if technology and it has electronic launch control... It's pretty fat but it has problems putting the 640HP in the ground... It needs to be AWD and PDK

Leo997TT 01-07-2014 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by speed21 (Post 11031673)
PS. If i ever win lotto you and I can go on a super car shopping spree. They will all be good. Promise….and no cheap nasty 991TTS ok? LMAO!

Holly cow!!! Please tell me you are playing the lotto everyday!

-Aventador in black
-458 in black
-Porsche 991TTS in black
-2011 Gallardo SL in black

That's my wish list!

I'm a car guy for sure! All I do is think about cars 24x7 if I had a car collection I think the 991 TTS is a must to have it... I mean Porches & Ferraris are the Pioneer sport cars....

I can't believe some people will spend 3 millions in 1 car... Bugatti.... I can buy all my dream cars with 50% of that!!! And send my cars to Vividracing with the other 50% to make them true high performance cars!!! Lmao

Leo997TT 01-07-2014 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by fskof (Post 11031677)
That viper looks great but you are right, I would not sell the Lambo for it.... but to add it to a collection...now thats a different story

I will give you my Lambo when I get my first car from Paul!

speed21 01-07-2014 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by Leo997TT (Post 11031712)
Their seats are from the same company that make the Ferrari seats... The interior it's nice for sure... A lot if technology and it has electronic launch control... It's pretty fat but it has problems putting the 640HP in the ground... It needs to be AWD and PDK

OK phew just as well. So long as they are not made by Porsche I'm sure they will be fine. Nothing worse than sitting on cheap plastic:rolleyes:
I better add that car to my list now.

Originally Posted by Leo997TT (Post 11031730)
Holly cow!!! Please tell me you are playing the lotto everyday!

-Aventador in black
-458 in black
-Porsche 991TTS in black
-2011 Gallardo SL in black

That's my wish list!

I'm a car guy for sure! All I do is think about cars 24x7 if I had a car collection I think the 991 TTS is a must to have it... I mean Porches & Ferraris are the Pioneer sport cars....

I can't believe some people will spend 3 millions in 1 car... Bugatti.... I can buy all my dream cars with 50% of that!!! And send my cars to Vividracing with the other 50% to make them true high performance cars!!! Lmao

Sorry Leo. I gotta be honest and say that I can't afford to play everyday or I will never be able to afford my next car and that may mean I will have to convince myself (and everyone else silly enough to believe me) that my 997tt.1 is better than everything else newer that comes out for a long long time, and I just hate having a lend of myself..

And like yourself I am a car guy at heart and would love to have more than one super in the stable but at our prices unless I win lotto that aint gonna happen. Now, if i was in the states then that would be an entirely different story as i'd be good for 3 right now and still be "liven the dream"!. But it i$ as you say, if you have it, criticisms vanish and cars materialise IYKWIM;). PS. Vivid would also be off the list too.

Leo997TT 01-07-2014 02:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Paul,

I never really though about the MP4 looking just like the lotus but it really does lol... To be honest with you guys I never really had it for the McLaren MP4... I only like the F1 and the P1!!! I think the MP4 it's too cheap for me lol ( just JK)

I really like the 458 & the 991TTS better than the MP4... It has more spirit... The MP4 is the British GTR....

Leo997TT 01-07-2014 02:57 AM

They should open a section in this forum call "the dreamers pillow" and I'm down to be a moderator there :-)

speed21 01-07-2014 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by Leo997TT (Post 11031749)
Paul,

I never really though about the MP4 looking just like the lotus but it really does lol... To be honest with you guys I never really had it for the McLaren MP4... I only like the F1 and the P1!!! I think the MP4 it's too cheap for me lol ( just JK)

I really like the 458 & the 991TTS better than the MP4... It has more spirit... The MP4 is the British GTR....

….well as I said in my op here that it looked much like an overgrown elise to me, or from japanese ilk, and no offence to OP who evidently got all upset over my valid comments (since deleted due to OP's upset) but if the cap fits wear it, and performance aside the general physicality is unconvincing as an exotic to me vs say a 458 or Lambo. I found on first impressions you get a wow factor but on each follow up it becomes less and less attractive. The interior really is utilitarian, and whilst there is nothing wrong with that if track or the odd thrill is all you are seeking, but as a daily drive it really doesn't compete with a 991tts (imho of course). The 458 on the other hand is a different story altogether…..far better proposition than mp4 (to me) and most that have reviewed the two have walked away concluding the F car has it where it counts notwithstanding mp4's performance capability.

But not to get off topic too much or there will be further outrage…….so back to that cheap plastic 991tt disaster which is best used on a dodgem car circuit :crying:

Leo997TT 01-07-2014 03:13 AM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by aa909 (Post 11030855)
the only absolute truth here is that the GTR and paddle shifters killed all the fun and if you disagree you are obviously missing a chromosome... j/k... Well maybe only a little ;)

+1!!! But this older guys don't want to see it.... Lol

2.8 from 0 to 60 is just ridiculous for a 100k car but I dont think Lamborghini cares much about it because the new Lamborghini Huracan is not really much faster than the Gallardo... 600HP from 0 to 60 in 3.7.... My corvette was better than that....

I really think eventually I will get another American Muscle car.... They are freaking sexy....

Leo997TT 01-07-2014 03:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Cheers

speed21 01-07-2014 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Leo997TT (Post 11031755)
They should open a section in this forum call "the dreamers pillow" and I'm down to be a moderator there :-)

LOL I think they have one already ;)

PS. Forgot to mention you were doing a great job moderating. You have my vote.

atcbi5 01-07-2014 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Leo997TT (Post 11031774)
Cheers

Yo dawg what about the Prius bra. I have one, you wanna fight?