Old 05-05-2024, 02:25 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 132 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Thanks for that information.

Will my system automatically connect via wired connection if I connect my iPhone to the Mr. 12Volt USB port? What about the other USB ports, like the one in the glovebox? Will this port connect to the Mr. 12Volt?

Which splash screen do you mean - the one that says Mr. 12Volt? Can you share that procedure?

Thanks very much.
The USB I speak about is the one in the harness. If you connect that to the USB in the glove box then it will work.

Yes, I'm referring to the splash screen that says mr12volt. You load a file and a new image onto a USB drive and plug it in. It will update the image. I'm happy to provide a much detailed walk through and the files if/when you get a kit. There are several conversations about this topic already on rennlist.

​​​​

Our website is now LIVE! please visit us at www.ACSByRoman.com

COUPON CODE "toys" FOR FREE INSTALL KIT!

On site install is available in the Philadelphia PA area as is Global shipping!

CLICK HERE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
Old 05-05-2024, 02:34 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,485 Likes on 934 Posts

Originally Posted by Roman ACS
The USB I speak about is the one in the harness. If you connect that to the USB in the glove box then it will work.

Yes, I'm referring to the splash screen that says mr12volt. You load a file and a new image onto a USB drive and plug it in. It will update the image. I'm happy to provide a much detailed walk through and the files if/when you get a kit. There are several conversations about this topic already on rennlist.

​​​​
Sounds good. My system is already installed and I’d love to update the splash screen.
Old 05-05-2024, 03:29 PM
H1975nl
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ALL systems require a board be installed into the pcm. If your going that far why not make it the best. Even base, none bose systems benifit from the mr12volt CarPlay modules when it comes to sound quality.

Mr12volt just won't work on cdr3.1
oké I think I get it. But why is Mr12Volt different than Isudar in sound. Do they use different outputs?
Old 05-05-2024, 03:33 PM
Foosh
Burning Brakes

Received 402 Likes on 276 Posts

​​​​
I would love a plain-English tutorial on how to update the splash screen on my installed Mr12Volt. I wouldn't even know where to begin to find it on this forum. There are tons of threads on various CarPlay solutions, but most of the posts might as well be written in Klingon. I don't understand Klingon.

It would be great if someone had a file with the Porsche crest or something like that, that is known to work.

Having said that, I can't remember the last time I even saw the splash screen. Usually CarPlay loads and is running as soon as I put the key in the ignition and before starting the engine. I have CarPlay up 99% of the time I drive my TTS, and I always shut it down with CarPlay running, so I guess that's why it restarts that way.

In some ways, I like that better. In our other vehicles w/ OEM CarPlay, I have to select it every time I start the car.

Last edited by Foosh; 05-05-2024 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05-05-2024, 04:27 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Mine shows the Mr 12Volt logo every time I start the car if I shut it down while connected to CarPlay.
Old 05-05-2024, 04:30 PM
Foosh
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by H1975nl
oké I think I get it. But why is Mr12Volt different than Isudar in sound. Do they use different outputs?
Mr12Volt provides all digital outputs, which is what the PCM 3.1 HU and your phone are delivering when listening to music by either streaming, BT, or USB drive. The less expensive Isudar solutions must convert the digital signals to analog, which results in a degradation in sound quality when using CarPlay.

It's the digital-to-analog conversion process that results in the degradation.There is no conversion w/ Mr12Volt. It's digital in and digital out.

Last edited by Foosh; 05-05-2024 at 04:36 PM.
Old 05-05-2024, 04:55 PM
Foosh
Burning Brakes

Mine shows the Mr 12Volt logo every time I start the car if I shut it down while connected to CarPlay.
I believe I remember you saying that before. I have no explanation for why ours behave so differently. Roman did my installation in his shop near Philadelphia, PA.

Last edited by Foosh; 05-05-2024 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-06-2024, 07:50 AM
H1975nl
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Foosh
Mr12Volt provides all digital outputs, which is what the PCM 3.1 HU and your phone are delivering when listening to music by either streaming, BT, or USB drive. The less expensive Isudar solutions must convert the digital signals to analog, which results in a degradation in sound quality when using CarPlay.

It's the digital-to-analog conversion process that results in the degradation.There is no conversion w/ Mr12Volt. It's digital in and digital out.
thanks for the reply! But as I stated: I have the analog system (non-Bose).
Old 05-06-2024, 08:18 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

thanks for the reply! But asess I stated: I have the analog system (non-Bose).
If you have pcm it's still fiber optic. It just does not have bose or burmeister sound processing.
Old 05-06-2024, 08:25 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Sounds good. My system is already installed and I’d love to update the splash screen.
Here is an walk through:

Use a thumb drive that was a very small capacity, I suggest use a USB thumb drive with no more than 16GB. Quick format as Fat32. I resize a logo down to 640 x 480. This creates a file size of about 22KB. You can try to use 800 x 480 but keep in mind file size should be less than 30kb. If it's larger, you can experiment to see if it works, but if not, you'll need to reduce size and try again. If you created your image in Photoshop, make sure the jpeg is output with "baseline encoding”. The completed file/logo must be renamed:" bootlogo". You must then remove the .jpg extension. Add this file onto the USB drive. The other file you must add to the USB drive is the file named: update (no extension). This zipped file is supplied by me. Only these 2 files should be on your USB drive. INSTALLATION ONTO YOUR HEAD UNIT: Plug the usb stick into the P2000 USB. In Carplay, go to Mr12Volt>Settings>System>Factory Mode>select Reboot. Wait a few seconds.Once rebooted, you should see the new logo created by you. Remove USB drive.
Old 05-06-2024, 08:56 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Sounds great, thanks. I’ll PM you with my email for the file.
Old 05-06-2024, 10:52 AM
Foosh
Burning Brakes

thanks for the reply! But as I stated: I have the analog system (non-Bose).
Even the PCM 3.1 base system is digital.
Old 05-06-2024, 11:01 AM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Received 520 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
I believe I remember you saying that before. I have no explanation for why ours behave so differently. Roman did my installation in his shop near Philadelphia, PA.
I just installed my unit from Roman last weekend so I have limited experience, but I also have not seen the splash screen yet if I leave it on TV mode and Android Auto in my case. Maybe it is the way the newer units function? Do you have one of the newest units with the OEM mic function (the off-white, not blue unit)?
Old 05-06-2024, 11:06 AM
Foosh
Burning Brakes

@sonorous

Yes, I have the newest Mr12Volt unit (gray box). I don't see the splash screen either since I also shut the car down in "TV," which for others is the PCM source after installation that gets you to CarPlay/Android Auto.

It was @Dennis C who reported seeing the Mr12Volt splash screen every time he started the car.
The following users liked this post:
sonorous (05-06-2024)
Old 05-06-2024, 01:14 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Mine is also one of the new units, just installed last month.

Quick Reply: Another PCM3.1 CarPlay Kit Installed