Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 126 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis C
100% iPhone here too.
could just be a different revision of the firmware

Our website is now LIVE! please visit us at www.ACSByRoman.com

COUPON CODE "toys" FOR FREE INSTALL KIT!

On site install is available in the Philadelphia PA area as is Global shipping!

CLICK HERE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
Old 05-18-2024, 07:33 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,442 Likes on 899 Posts

It’s not really a big deal, but it would be nice to put a different logo there.
Old 05-26-2024, 09:53 PM
E Allen
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

I installed my Mr12Volt 3.1 this weekend into my 991.1TTS. I ran the wires out under steering column but there is not enough room to tuck the box back up behind the trim. Where did you guys mount the Mr12volt module?
Old 05-26-2024, 09:55 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by E Allen
I installed my Mr12Volt 3.1 this weekend into my 991.1TTS. I ran the wires out under steering column but there is not enough room to tuck the box back up behind the trim. Where did you guys mount the Mr12volt module?

The following users liked this post:
E Allen (05-26-2024)
Old 05-26-2024, 10:23 PM
E Allen
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Roman ACS
Ah ok thanks, while you are on here, when I plugged my phone in and allowed access everything worked great but when I unplugged it and paired it to run wireless the screen comes up but music won't play. It says its playing on my phone but no sound coming through speakers. I switch out of CarPlay and just aux bluetooth and music plays normal. Any ideas why it won't play wirelessly?
Old 05-27-2024, 11:28 AM
Foosh
Pro

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

Make sure the large connector on the gray box is very tight. When mine was first installed by Roman (gray box mounted on the under-dash shelf just to the right of the steering column), everything worked perfectly in Roman's shop, but as soon as I left his shop, I had no audio when streaming music via CarPlay. Like you, everything else worked. I went back to a PCM source, then back to CarPlay, and the sound returned. Roman told me to check the connector, and I pushed on the connector and it hasn't recurred in the 9 months since.

I thought it had something to do with me adjusting the steering column back to my driving position as I was leaving Roman's shop, and moving the box slightly. While pushing on the connector I readjusted the position of the box, so it could no long touch when moving the steering column.

Since I did that, everything boots up and works as soon as I put the key in the ignition.

Last edited by Foosh; 05-27-2024 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-27-2024, 12:20 PM
E Allen
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Foosh
Make sure the large connector on the gray box is very tight. When mine was first installed by Roman (gray box mounted on the under-dash shelf just to the right of the steering column), everything worked perfectly in Roman's shop, but as soon as I left his shop, I had no audio when streaming music via CarPlay. Like you, everything else worked. I went back to a PCM source, then back to CarPlay, and the sound returned. Roman told me to check the connector, and I pushed on the connector and it hasn't recurred in the 9 months since.

I thought it had something to do with me adjusting the steering column back to my driving position as I was leaving Roman's shop, and moving the box slightly. While pushing on the connector I readjusted the position of the box, so it could no long touch when moving the steering column.

Since I did that, everything boots up and works as soon as I put the key in the ignition.
I think mine was just a glitch from being connected to the aux Bluetooth and then switching to CarPlay and connecting to Bluetooth mr12volt. This morning I turned ignition on and hit CarPlay as soon as screen came up and it worked like it should. I wasn’t able to mount the box where Roman’s picture suggest because there is not enough room there in my car so I routed the wires down and over to the left side above the left foot pad and zip tied the module up to a wiring harness in that area.its visible from down low but you can’t see it from anywhere else and it’s easy to access if I ever have an issue. I also slipped the USB out between the side column panel and dash so it’s easy to plug in when needed. The install was not hard other than a few confusing areas that the videos I watched were different cars and made me have to pull it apart a couple times. Overall though I’m very happy to have this installed in my 2014 TTS.

Foosh (05-27-2024)
Old 05-27-2024, 12:56 PM
Foosh
Pro

If you ever want to change the location, I also have a 991.1 Turbo S, and there's plenty of room to the RIGHT of the steering column on top of the under-dash shelf, where it's totally hidden. That's a shorter distance than where you placed your gray box.

I'm glad you're up and running. I couldn't be happier w/ Mr12Volt. The wired-only OEM CarPlay in my PCM 4.0 Cayman S was glitchy, sometimes requiring multiple attempts to connect, but I'm closing in on 1 year, and Mr12Volt has been glitch-free.
E Allen (05-27-2024)
Old 06-08-2024, 06:17 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

I’m struggling with Mr.12 Volt.

It takes a long time to boot up. On my last two drives, I used Apple CarPlay with Mr. 12 Volt and the screen turned into a jumbled mess of static, rendering it unusable. I have no idea what would cause this. Is there some kind of a reset that I can do, or maybe a firmware update that can be applied?

Please ignore the dust on the inside of my car. I had the top down and it’s “pine pollen” season in the mountains.

Old 06-09-2024, 08:48 AM
E Allen
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dennis C
I’m struggling with Mr.12 Volt.

It takes a long time to boot up. On my last two drives, I used Apple CarPlay with Mr. 12 Volt and the screen turned into a jumbled mess of static, rendering it unusable. I have no idea what would cause this. Is there some kind of a reset that I can do, or maybe a firmware update that can be applied?

Please ignore the dust on the inside of my car. I had the top down and it’s “pine pollen” season in the mountains.

The screen flicker is from the ribbons not being all the way seated. I would pull it all apart and redo those first. It was tight for me to get my fingers in there to get them to seat properly so I had my wife use her little fingers to get them in right.
Foosh (06-09-2024)
Old 06-23-2024, 12:04 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by E Allen
The screen flicker is from the ribbons not being all the way seated. I would pull it all apart and redo those first. It was tight for me to get my fingers in there to get them to seat properly so I had my wife use her little fingers to get them in right.
Thats correct. Screen issues like this are related to ribbon cables. Unplug and reseat them.
Old 06-23-2024, 03:41 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Thanks. I had the system installed by a local car audio shop. I’ll take it back and have them fix it.
Old 06-23-2024, 04:29 PM
Foosh
Pro

I wonder if bad/intermittent ribbon cable connections also explain the other issue(s) you've reported.
Old 06-23-2024, 06:23 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Foosh
I wonder if bad/intermittent ribbon cable connections also explain the other issue(s) you've reported.
Hard to say. I’ll report back when it’s reconnected. I drove the car today and the sound still works fine even though the screen is unreadable when using CarPlay.
Old 06-24-2024, 06:12 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

My appointment to have this addressed is on Wednesday afternoon this week. I’ll report back after it’s done.
Foosh (06-26-2024)

Quick Reply: Another PCM3.1 CarPlay Kit Installed