Sponsored by: Road Spy

2014 991.1 turbo s engine build

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2022, 10:13 AM
vrybad
Rennlist Member

Received 438 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by scorch
Dave why are you in here trying to advertise for your shop 😂 go make your own thread Jesus 🤦🏾‍♂️
Originally Posted by DubaiPorsche
This dude is mega passive aggressive, and yes you randomly came in and started advertising. Very weird.

can we see pics of the ES1xxx kits? The manifold as well please 😂
DubaiPorsche, didn't you do the same in the thread about big turbo cars?
Putting up data and comparing your car against big turbo setups which had nothing to do with the thread?
Just sticking to the facts.
Guys, this competitiveness happens on most cars forums.
It shouldn't but it does.
It's just a part of the forum world.
Old 04-06-2022, 10:58 AM
Ttz06vette
Rennlist Member

Received 227 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
Man, I’m envious of the XR system. Quality, engineering and esthetics all in one. Congrats !
I know… looks fairly straightforward to install as well besides the new clutch. If the car wasn’t already so scary fast on the street at stage 3 levels and 100 octane tune, I would have to consider it.
Old 04-06-2022, 11:19 AM
Pb Pedis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,035 Likes on 654 Posts
Default Nice!

Originally Posted by Ttz06vette
I know… looks fairly straightforward to install as well besides the new clutch. If the car wasn’t already so scary fast on the street at stage 3 levels and 100 octane tune, I would have to consider it.
I agree with the impressive results on the street with Stage 3, and I only run 93 octane. I can't speak from experience, but I think the step up to Stage 4 with Meth is a huge jump in the scary factor. I can only guess that eventually one would become accustomed to it, but the Meth is such a game changer for everyone from OEM turbo setups to XR kit owners alike. Also, I like the format of your signature!
The following users liked this post:
Ttz06vette (04-07-2022)
Old 04-06-2022, 12:27 PM
geekcarguy
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow man that kit looks soooo good, I want it to!! Haha, I need to start selling my kidney or something, this car is killing my wallet.. hahah
Old 04-06-2022, 10:33 PM
42THFLR
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Yup, I had promised to pay it forward for a few holidays myself, but I am picking up my finished XR car this weekend and I just can't wait. This whole process with Sam has been flawless. I look forward to posting first impressions once he's got things dialed in.
Old 04-07-2022, 02:08 PM
Drv Saif
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Sub'd, sick build OP! Can't wait to see final product, following you on IG also to see your process
Old 04-07-2022, 02:14 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 965 Likes on 587 Posts

We have many babies incubating!

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
Old 04-15-2022, 08:39 PM
mdvigil
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

@8SecDD Glad to hear she is up and running. That is an amazingly quick tranny change!

@scorch Also been following your build brother. Love the color combo on the engine !

@onfireTTS I concur!

@Ttz06vette @Pb Pedis After a time we may grow accustomed to the power level and desire more. Stage 4 with methanol was a blast. It was fast but manageable at least in a straight line. When I went to the Porsche experience in Carson, CA, I was able to drive a 991.2 turbo and a GT3 on the track with ideal road conditions and fewer variables. Even in stock form, I was the limiting factor in the driving equation. I believe the true potential of these cars can be exploited on a race track whether is it in a straight line or in the twisties.

@geekcarguy Thanks!

@42THFLR Congrats! Another upcoming XR ByDesign car!

@Drv Saif Appreciate it, brother!

@SamboTT@ByDesign Keep them babies coming Sam !
Old 04-19-2022, 09:57 PM
Drv Saif
Advanced

I see we may be in for some updates soon. Pumped to see your build. After seeing your IG story I quickly came to see if any updates haha
Old 04-20-2022, 01:59 PM
mdvigil
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

@Drv Saif Exciting times brother! Yesterday I ordered some factory aero parts (e.g., front aero lip and GT3RS side skirts) and some Toyo R888rs. Probably also order some carbon fiber side vents. Still deciding on the brand and design of the second set of wheels for street use (the HRE P101s will be a dedicated track set) and a wrap design. The IPD plenum and HRE wheels will be sent off to a local shop for Cerakote. I have a set of H&R springs that will be installed and I will pick up a DSC controller from Sam. The last part of the puzzle will be to order a couple of 55-gallon drums of race fuel.
Old 04-20-2022, 06:10 PM
Drv Saif
Advanced

Originally Posted by mdvigil
@Drv Saif Exciting times brother! Yesterday I ordered some factory aero parts (e.g., front aero lip and GT3RS side skirts) and some Toyo R888rs. Probably also order some carbon fiber side vents. Still deciding on the brand and design of the second set of wheels for street use (the HRE P101s will be a dedicated track set) and a wrap design. The IPD plenum and HRE wheels will be sent off to a local shop for Cerakote. I have a set of H&R springs that will be installed and I will pick up a DSC controller from Sam. The last part of the puzzle will be to order a couple of 55-gallon drums of race fuel.
That sounds awesome. DSC controller really makes a good difference. I need to order the R888 also, was kind of waiting for motor to come back first lol.

Have you considered the GT3RS side scoops? I have those with the skirts also. The GT3rs side skirts are a great upgrade and surprisingly not much conaidering how much Porsche tax is on any other parts for our cars. What color for the IPD stuff? Running bumperless!!??

Old 04-20-2022, 06:17 PM
Drv Saif
Advanced

picture for reference of the side skirts and scoops combo
Old 04-21-2022, 04:37 AM
TheHitman™
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Your car looks great on the stock 5 spoke wheels. Also is your car stock ride height?
Old 04-21-2022, 04:49 AM
DubaiPorsche
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Subbd to the thread. Cant wait to see how this puppy turns out.
also have an XR incubating myself looking to get it going Start of May
Old 04-21-2022, 09:30 AM
Drv Saif
Advanced

Originally Posted by TheHitman™
Your car looks great on the stock 5 spoke wheels. Also is your car stock ride height?
Thanks, I've been debating wheels but i really like the stock wheels also. Currently stock height.

Quick Reply: 2014 991.1 turbo s engine build