Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

I Stepped Up AGAIN (991.2 Turbo S)

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2021, 02:23 PM
Pb Pedis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,034 Likes on 653 Posts

As a CPA, it goes against my grain to say this: forget about the money and the market and all that ****. Part of living is making the most of the life you have, and loss is the time when we reflect the most on what that means to each of us. I think a bigger part of the analysis comes down to how you still view the 991 Turbo – is it part of the journey or is it a destination? If you feel that you’ve been there, done that (or at least done all you wanted to do) with the platform then maybe it’s time to continue your journey? If you it still fires your imagination and you can’t perceive a different car as the next best thing for you, then I think you make the most of what inspires you with the car right now. You'll make the right choice!
The following 3 users liked this post by Pb Pedis:
Big Swole (12-11-2021), pfbz (12-10-2021), RadarP3C (12-10-2021)
Old 12-10-2021, 02:38 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,806 Likes on 1,504 Posts

Originally Posted by Pb Pedis
...I think a bigger part of the analysis comes down to how you still view the 991 Turbo – is it part of the journey or is it a destination? If you feel that you’ve been there, done that (or at least done all you wanted to do) with the platform then maybe it’s time to continue your journey?...
Excellent perspective, and perhaps also a reason why my emphatic endorsement of the 996 Turbo *isn't* the perfect replacement, if already checked off the list!
The following users liked this post:
Big Swole (12-11-2021)
Old 12-10-2021, 03:07 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,109 Likes on 857 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
You always have to do what is right for you, irrespective of what others say and infer.

Losing someone you are close to always has that type of emotional impact - it is hard some days as you miss them, on others, you can celebrate their lives. This is all part of finding balance as you recover from the loss and emotions attached to it. It is normal, healthy and a rational way to work through things that otherwise would be bottled up and turn into negative and potential damaging patterns of thought.

I would suggest riding out the holiday season and working on finding peace, first. If you were close to your Ma, and holidays were a thing in your family, there will be a fair amount of emotion going through this period without loved ones around. However, once the sadness abates, and the good things are what are remembered on an ongoing basis, this sadness will melt away naturally, and rational thought will come back to you - not that you are not rational, but emotion is known to skew thoughts away from what you would normally be focused on.

I'm sorry about you losing your Ma; I lost someone very close to me a while back and there were times I was questioning everything in my life, but a little patience and reasoning did not make up for the loss, but it did help getting through it.

Cheers,

Andrew

Could not add or comment on anything better on the above. Excellent advice.

Godspeed.
Big Swole (12-11-2021)
Old 12-10-2021, 04:45 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 740 Likes on 539 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
Hope everyone out there is doing well and having a great start to Dec.

I've not driven my TTS much in the last two months due to the long battle my mother had in the hospital and her unfortunate passing on Nov. 16th.
Her passing has me thinking a little differently lately. Mainly about how short life is and how spending as much time with friends and loved ones is important.
So that thought process has me thinking about how much OT I worked to afford my TTS and other vehicles. It has me thinking that, given my income level, how crazy it is for me to have so much tied up in one vehicle, along with the two others.
I love my TTS and the 991.2 was my ultimate dream car, however after paying it off finally, the total amount I have tied up in it (along with the crazy market and what it's worth now) just weighs on me.
I keep thinking about other way less expensive fun high performing cars I could own and put some serious money back in the bank and just about stop working OT. More time to drive and actually enjoy my life and vehicles / hobbies.

Anyway, maybe y'all can talk some sense into me or talk me out of thinking about selling / trading. I got numbers on a trade deal at a local dealer for a 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE (an amazingly fun performing car) where it would be paid for and they cut me a check for $83K to invest and save.

Anyway... Maybe just ignore me... Maybe my moms passing just has me all jacked up in the head for a little while. Maybe I'll realize I'd be an idiot for doing a trade or selling after some time passes.
Good thing is, I have the next 3 weeks coming up off from work to clean out my mothers house in preparation for getting it sold. Maybe I should just wait and let my emotions get back to whatever is going to be "normal" before making any moves.

Sorry for the rant..just kinda wanted a few opinions on my thoughts. There's something to be said for having some good cash in the bank going into this horrible time of inflation and hard times coming. However, I know if I sell it now, the likeliness of me buying / owning another TTS will be slim. I'd have to commit to "saving for the future / retirement" goal and stay in sensibly priced vehicles instead of exotics.
You have been through a lot these past few months and we can understand you reassessing things.........

The Camaro you selected is a pretty great choice.....and the money to invest is real substantial........real money!

I would recommend that you wait until January to see if you feel the same way. You will make the right decision for yourself no matter what, as you are a very introspective thinking person based on what you share with us.......god bless.......
Big Swole (12-11-2021)
Old 12-10-2021, 04:59 PM
CodyzWorld
Burning Brakes

Received 400 Likes on 260 Posts

@Big Swole - so sorry about your loss, and my condolences. Tough...........

I just lost my Best friend's Aunt, (basically my 3rd mom) the day before thanksgiving. Tough.......I have been waiting for the grief to hit, damn, it hit one day.
Blessings to you and yours.
Big Swole (12-11-2021)
Old 12-10-2021, 06:32 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,027 Likes on 3,064 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
I really do love this video, looks like an awesome road.
Old 12-11-2021, 01:48 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,324 Posts

Great words and suggestions by ALL and Thank you all for them!!

I do think it's best I wait and give it a few months to get through everything we're dealing with ( Mom's things and house selling).
That'll give me time to truly asses things.

One things for sure, my GF does Not want me to get rid of the TTS. lol. She loves it so much, as do I.
Old 12-11-2021, 01:49 AM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,027 Likes on 3,064 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
Great words and suggestions by ALL and Thank you all for them!!

I do think it's best I wait and give it a few months to get through everything we're dealing with ( Mom's things and house selling).
That'll give me time to truly asses things.

One things for sure, my GF does Not want me to get rid of the TTS. lol. She loves it so much, as do I.
Word.
Big Swole (12-11-2021)
Old 12-11-2021, 08:00 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 845 Likes on 574 Posts

Big - sorry for your loss. Its tough at any time and especially around the holidays to lose a loved one. I think the advice here is sage. Get through the remainder of the year and in January with some additional "clearness" of mind, make some decisions. One pro for keeping the TTS is that you and your girl friend both enjoy it - and its paid for. I also dont think they will depreciate much as the chip shortage will continue for some time. And Porsche is strong in that department. Good luck with your decision and the upcoming holidays.
Big Swole (12-11-2021)
Old 12-11-2021, 08:11 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rodsky
Big - sorry for your loss. Its tough at any time and especially around the holidays to lose a loved one. I think the advice here is sage. Get through the remainder of the year and in January with some additional "clearness" of mind, make some decisions. One pro for keeping the TTS is that you and your girl friend both enjoy it - and its paid for. I also dont think they will depreciate much as the chip shortage will continue for some time. And Porsche is strong in that department. Good luck with your decision and the upcoming holidays.

Thanks again brother and Everyone!!

I think I have decided to hang tight for now. No pressure really since like you said the chip shortage will probably have the market up for at least another year or two.

I think once we get Mom's home cleaned out and sold, that'll release a little pressure. There won't be much to split but my portion will help me relax even more about what's tied up in my vehicles.
Old 12-11-2021, 09:37 PM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 239 Posts

dave-

you're talking crazy. just stop it. love you boo.
Big Swole (12-11-2021)
Old 12-11-2021, 09:40 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bigrpowr
dave-

you're talking crazy. just stop it. love you boo.

LOL

Back at ya bro!
Old 12-11-2021, 10:14 PM
barncobob
Rennlist Member

Received 747 Likes on 460 Posts

ur good to go..switch and you'll be back,,i switched years ago and Im back into the fold..
Big Swole (12-11-2021)
Old 12-12-2021, 12:52 AM
1Defense
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Sorry for your loss and very interesting discussion, as i have recently thought about during the same thing because i don't drive the TTS much. Then i drive it and it resets this thought for another few weeks or so to keep it.... Coincidentally, i looked at a ZL1 a few years ago bc a buddy purchased one. I decided to purchase a Redeye instead, which is a monster in the 1/4 but clumsy otherwise. I would beat his ZL1, which was tuned, in the 1/4. Sold it and purchased the TTS. The only other car i would be interested in is the new Z06 if I sold the TTS. Most of us here are enthusiast and with that comes impulsivity....we like to switch nice cars frequently. We enjoy the conversation and community that brings us together because of the cars. Like everyone else has said, take your time and make the best decision to satisfy your thirst. Wishing you the best during these tough times!
Big Swole (12-12-2021)
Old 12-12-2021, 02:10 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 1Defense
Sorry for your loss and very interesting discussion, as i have recently thought about during the same thing because i don't drive the TTS much. Then i drive it and it resets this thought for another few weeks or so to keep it.... Coincidentally, i looked at a ZL1 a few years ago bc a buddy purchased one. I decided to purchase a Redeye instead, which is a monster in the 1/4 but clumsy otherwise. I would beat his ZL1, which was tuned, in the 1/4. Sold it and purchased the TTS. The only other car i would be interested in is the new Z06 if I sold the TTS. Most of us here are enthusiast and with that comes impulsivity....we like to switch nice cars frequently. We enjoy the conversation and community that brings us together because of the cars. Like everyone else has said, take your time and make the best decision to satisfy your thirst. Wishing you the best during these tough times!

Glad there are others that understand. Thank you for your words!

The ZL1 and especially the 1LE version is a very capable car for aggressive mountain runs and the track, which is what we do. Hopefully more tracking with a less expensive less worrying car. That's kind of my thought process.

Quick Reply: I Stepped Up AGAIN (991.2 Turbo S)