Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

What did you do to your 991 turbo today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2023, 08:11 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Originally Posted by gbakerge
Where did you find such cool lights?
This^

@Peeblesmx445 where get? Me need…
Old 04-20-2023, 11:20 AM
Peeblesmx445
Advanced

Received 97 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by worf928
This^

@Peeblesmx445 where get? Me need…
Seems like these have been getting popular lately so you can probably find many different versions but these are the ones I chose and I am very pleased with them. Installation is simple, however one tip I’d recommend is build the middle hexagon first and use that as a center piece to build off of, you’ll be able to square the lights up much easier that way. Total lumen between the 2 sets is 53k so they are very bright.

LZHOME Hexagon LED Garage Light: 25 Pack Updated Bigger Size Hexagon Light, 26400LM 240W Super Bright Car Detailing Ceiling LED Shop Light for Warehouse Workshop Gym Basement Car Care Car Wash Room https://a.co/d/47VEN37

Last edited by Peeblesmx445; 04-25-2023 at 04:14 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Peeblesmx445:
Big Swole (04-20-2023), gbakerge (04-21-2023), worf928 (04-20-2023)
Old 04-20-2023, 04:08 PM
heyitsfish
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 23 Posts

The Raptor is down for a few days while the ECU is getting unlocked by Cobb, so I drove the Turbo to the office for the first time in my 2 years of ownership. It was a good reminder of how versatile this car is.

The following users liked this post:
Big Swole (04-24-2023)
Old 04-20-2023, 04:19 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,025 Likes on 3,062 Posts

Great office spot... Nice pole to deflect doors.
SConn (04-21-2023)
Old 04-20-2023, 04:40 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Dug mine out of the corner of the shop to get it inspected. Tomorrow off to the body shop to have them look at the bumper cover that was damaged last year.
Old 04-20-2023, 04:44 PM
heyitsfish
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
Great office spot... Nice pole to deflect doors.
Yeah you have a wall on the other side and the pole does a good job keeping other car doors away. It is technically a "Visitor" spot but it rarely gets used since the angle makes it kind of hard to pull into unless you are very deliberate with your approach.

It is also tucked away from the front door so it does not get a lot of attention which is the main reason I haven't driven the car to the office. I have a wealth management practice that partners with a CPA firm and I will say that accountants generally think everything is too expensive and everyone is overpaid. So from a perception standpoint, I have been reluctant to bring the car to the office and deal with the comments/opinions. Anybody else deal with that?
Old 04-20-2023, 05:06 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,805 Likes on 1,504 Posts

Swapped the Kline for Soul... Both are great, Soul is a bit rowdier, especially catless.

The following 2 users liked this post by pfbz:
Big Swole (04-24-2023), flsupraguy (04-20-2023)
Old 04-20-2023, 05:14 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,478 Likes on 793 Posts

Sounds good
Old 04-20-2023, 05:56 PM
m5biemer
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by heyitsfish
Yeah you have a wall on the other side and the pole does a good job keeping other car doors away. It is technically a "Visitor" spot but it rarely gets used since the angle makes it kind of hard to pull into unless you are very deliberate with your approach.

It is also tucked away from the front door so it does not get a lot of attention which is the main reason I haven't driven the car to the office. I have a wealth management practice that partners with a CPA firm and I will say that accountants generally think everything is too expensive and everyone is overpaid. So from a perception standpoint, I have been reluctant to bring the car to the office and deal with the comments/opinions. Anybody else deal with that?
My wife and I run a very successful CPA practice and we decided about 15 years ago that it wasn't worth trying to hide the Porsches, Mercedes and BMW's that we have previously owned and currently own. We happily park them out front for our clients to see and generally no one even pays attention. Many of our clients drive some crazy rides so it obviously wouldn't bother them. Some of them wouldn't know a Kia from a Porsche. Our motto is that we work extremely hard and life's too short to worry about what someone thinks. Besides, we like our clients to know that we're successful and can help them be successful and achieve their financial goals.
The following 2 users liked this post by m5biemer:
cpbmd (04-25-2023), worf928 (04-21-2023)
Old 04-20-2023, 06:18 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by heyitsfish
Anybody else deal with that?
Every. Single. Day.

The fact I switch it up regularly doesn't help matters either.
Old 04-20-2023, 06:20 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pfbz
Swapped the Kline for Soul...
I am loving the Inconel Kline on the 996... I thought you have always had a soul on the 991.
Old 04-20-2023, 07:11 PM
heyitsfish
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by m5biemer
My wife and I run a very successful CPA practice and we decided about 15 years ago that it wasn't worth trying to hide the Porsches, Mercedes and BMW's that we have previously owned and currently own. We happily park them out front for our clients to see and generally no one even pays attention. Many of our clients drive some crazy rides so it obviously wouldn't bother them. Some of them wouldn't know a Kia from a Porsche. Our motto is that we work extremely hard and life's too short to worry about what someone thinks. Besides, we like our clients to know that we're successful and can help them be successful and achieve their financial goals.
My original concern was a clients perception of the car, but ironically, like you pointed out, most would not the difference and the ones that do LOVE it. In fact, I have opened up about the ownership to a few key clients who I know share a similar passion and it has done nothing buy help build our relationship. I have invited a few out to cars and coffee which they sincerely appreciated since they did now know it was a thing. And most can also appreciate the work it takes to be able to afford a car like this which tends to inspire some confidence in them knowing their advisor is in fact working his *** off for them.

My concern was the perception of the CPAs I partner with who do not share the same belief that an expensive car is a worthwhile expense. I had to overcome some serious hurdles initially from the same CPAs to get to the position I am currently in at a relatively young age as they believed I was too young to successfully handle the client relationships. So the last thing I wanted to battle on top of this was the idea that I was just trying to be flashy or "show off" which is the furthest from the truth.

A joke I heard (please don't take offense) was that CPAs see the cost in everything and the value in nothing... But I am glad to hear there are some CPAs out there who do NOT share this sentiment.

m5biemer (04-22-2023)
Old 04-20-2023, 07:12 PM
heyitsfish
Rennlist Member

Every. Single. Day.

The fact I switch it up regularly doesn't help matters either.
That was my original plan. Just keep swapping cars and spots so they never know which one is actually mine. But the 991 has been too good to let go of...yet.
Old 04-20-2023, 07:55 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,805 Likes on 1,504 Posts

I am loving the Inconel Kline on the 996... I thought you have always had a soul on the 991.
I have had the Soul for a while... Previously it has a fantastic on-throttle sound, but incredibly loud decel pops (bangs really) that were just too much for me and I replaced it with a Kllne + HJS 100 cell cats and equal length Kline headers.

I've also swapped to a Cobb/Sam tune tune, and wanted to try the catless Soul again. It definitely has aggressive decel burble and an occasional pop, but nothing like the shotgun blasts I was previously getting. Not sure if it is the tune, or perhaps the headers smoothing things out, or maybe I just previously had an exhaust air leak?

I'll run this combo for a while and report back.

I also run catless titanium x-pipes on both the 996 Turbos and just love the titanium sound. I imagine inconel is similar.

Last edited by pfbz; 04-20-2023 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-20-2023, 11:09 PM
Beezupra
Rennlist Member

Received 265 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
I have had the Soul for a while... Previously it has a fantastic on-throttle sound, but incredibly loud decel pops (bangs really) that were just too much for me and I replaced it with a Kllne + HJS 100 cell cats and equal length Kline headers.

I've also swapped to a Cobb/Sam tune tune, and wanted to try the catless Soul again. It definitely has aggressive decel burble and an occasional pop, but nothing like the shotgun blasts I was previously getting. Not sure if it is the tune, or perhaps the headers smoothing things out, or maybe I just previously had an exhaust air leak?
I figured the lack of cats was the main reason for the loud decel gunshots when the Soul was on. With the HJS cats on now, wouldn't that be a good explanation for burble/pop replacing bangs?

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 991 turbo today?