Sponsored by:

991.2 gt3 options

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 08:33 AM
J.Ho
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
There is now deviated stitching available for $3500. It does not say what it encompasses, but if I get an allocation I am getting it in black.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:05 AM
J.Ho
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like all the new options are:

Window Triangle in Carbon Fiber $730
Belts in Miami Blue $360
Interior with Decorative Deviated thread and embroider $3500
Steering Column casting in leather with deviated stitching $610
Transmission Tunnel in leather $1020
Sport seats plus backrest in deviated $2020
(And i think) Personalized carbon fiber floor Matt's with leather edge $950
Old 08-05-2017, 12:49 AM
Hams955
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Bose seems like a silly option to me. My .1 is loud enough at 75+ mph that the music from the rear of the car drowns out the audio. I can't really even use my bluetooth.

Guess what though? I don't care!!!!

I turn my phone off, turn my radio off and enjoy the scream from the back. Nothing else sounds quite like that.

- Chris.
Old 08-05-2017, 01:35 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Please take my ADM money.

I am a degenerate three pedal guy (to the point of putting manual trans in vehicles that never came with them) so I am far down the list, but I will keep the car until I die along with my other four wheeled children.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:08 AM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by juanpablo046
try some waterproof product, something like the ones used on soft tops, you will keep it clean
I updated my allocation today
Yellow seatbelts
on Viper Green with yellow calipers, I cant wait ti see it.
Old 08-21-2017, 02:18 PM
TuonoR
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
Default details...

My draft spec:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJAG2IY6

Anything I'm missing? Still unsure about a few things:

1) LED headlights. Several posts on this I know but still confused (sigh). I prefer the silver headlight rings with the sapphire blue paint. Am I correct in thinking the headlight surround ring is identical on the non-black LEDs and the standard Xenon headlights? Is the main visual difference between these two options a) the wider spacing of the 4 daytime driving lights (on the LEDs) and b) the double cannon look (on the LEDs) vs. the more traditional single halo? Is there a difference in the interior finish of the headlight (I have seen some say its chrome, others say its silver plastic). Finally, what is the $780 PDLS option?

2) Mirrors. What color/finish is the stock lower trim? Matte plastic? When you click the sportDesign high gloss black on the configurator nothing seems to change

3) Floor mats. Are the carbon fiber floor mats real (ie hard) CF? I can't imagine that would hold up well but curious if anyone has experience with them.

4) Dashboard trim package (leather). Does this make that much of a difference? Its not very clear what additional areas benefit if you are already going with the leather interior. Either way curious if people who have seen this option think its worth it.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:48 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,451 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by TuonoR
My draft spec:

1) LED headlights. Several posts on this I know but still confused (sigh). I prefer the silver headlight rings with the sapphire blue paint. Am I correct in thinking the headlight surround ring is identical on the non-black LEDs and the standard Xenon headlights? Is the main visual difference between these two options a) the wider spacing of the 4 daytime driving lights (on the LEDs) and b) the double cannon look (on the LEDs) vs. the more traditional single halo? Is there a difference in the interior finish of the headlight (I have seen some say its chrome, others say its silver plastic). Finally, what is the $780 PDLS option?

2) Mirrors. What color/finish is the stock lower trim? Matte plastic? When you click the sportDesign high gloss black on the configurator nothing seems to change

3) Floor mats. Are the carbon fiber floor mats real (ie hard) CF? I can't imagine that would hold up well but curious if anyone has experience with them.

4) Dashboard trim package (leather). Does this make that much of a difference? Its not very clear what additional areas benefit if you are already going with the leather interior. Either way curious if people who have seen this option think its worth it.

Nice build but I would do the following:

Dump the Door Trim Package in Leather/Alcantara- still do not even know what you are paying for

Sun Visor in Alcantara. Never mattered after the second day I drove it. Just some thing that sounds good but will never miss

Painted vehicle key. Will chip. You can go on-line and buy knock-offs for $20 and they do not chip because not painted. The are molded with a color concentrate

Extended Dashboard -I no longer do. The leather upgrade is enough

Do like the steering wheel column in leather though since you can see it while looking at your steering wheel

Last edited by Jimmy-D; 08-21-2017 at 04:04 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:50 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by TuonoR
My draft spec:

1. PDLS $7xx option gives you a chrome headlight projector, inside a black housing, with a grey external ring.. to my eyes it looks more beautiful despite the fact that I'm not getting all black. I'm going to put yellow headlight film on my headlights anyway for that lemans look, so I'm ok with that.

2. Mirror lower finish is matte plastic, like the wing tips. In my eyes it matches, also with the satin wheels. If the wing tips and wheels were shiny black I'd probably do the mirror bottoms in shiny painted black, but nothing else is like that so doesn't make sense to me. Maybe if you also did door handles in black, but considering that wing tips still don't match.. these two items would be out of place. On the other hand, The carbon mirror caps are cool.. up to you though if they're worth the money.

3. My strong suggestion is not to get the carbon floor mats.. had them, they scratch, and look terrible shortly after getting them. Maybe consider the leather outline mats to match your stitching?

4. I didn't get to the Dash for trim package previously, and then have been in quite a few other cars that had it and I think that it's worth the money. I'm getting it this go-around. You get a lot more stitching which you can see, and that together with the leather steering column really really finishes out the leather in your car.

Agree to dump the door option… It's useless. However, I do love having alcantara or leather sunvisors… painted & carbon fiber key covers on eBay for $20...

I realize these are all opinions, and what one person says Ends up contrasting the other person… which is why I try not to participate in the opinion threats as I'm not sure how useful they are.. maybe add more confusion than if the buyer just goes with their gut. but since you asked and I'm coming down off my Pebble Beach car week high... I thought I'd chime in.

Last edited by CAlexio; 08-21-2017 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:04 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 294 Likes on 158 Posts

^ Agree on all, especially #4. The extended leather for the middle of the dash looks good -- if you don't the plastic is going to stand out against the leather adjacent to it.

I'm not a fan of the double bulb found on the LEDs -- purely a subjective view on the aesthetics. I don't drive much at night anyway. Do you?
Old 08-21-2017, 05:33 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Originally Posted by WernerE
^ Agree on all, especially #4. The extended leather for the middle of the dash looks good -- if you don't the plastic is going to stand out against the leather adjacent to it.

I'm not a fan of the double bulb found on the LEDs -- purely a subjective view on the aesthetics. I don't drive much at night anyway. Do you?
I drive at night but still had the LEDs on 991 and Xenons on GT4 and can not tell the difference - but my wallet can

Going Xenons with the PLDS
Old 08-21-2017, 05:34 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,985 Likes on 2,270 Posts

PDLS and the black wheels look great to me. I went with the tried and true steel rotors along with red belts and the red steering wheel stripe. Whether I get PTS or not, car will be blue plus red accents.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:38 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
PDLS and the black wheels look great to me. I went with the tried and true steel rotors along with red belts and the red steering wheel stripe. Whether I get PTS or not, car will be blue plus red accents.
Your are the Man of Steel
Old 08-21-2017, 05:49 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,985 Likes on 2,270 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Your are the Man of Steel
Car will be tracked so going with the right rotors.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:58 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

Downside with the extended leather and platinum stitching is the bright stitching can reflect in the windshield during the day. I like to keep the dash as dark as possible, which is why I don't spec the dash wart (Sport Chrono) or any extra stitching close to the glass.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:00 PM
TuonoR
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Nice build but I would do the following:

Dump the Door Trim Package in Leather/Alcantara- still do not even know what you are paying for

Sun Visor in Alcantara. Never mattered after the second day I drove it. Just some thing that sounds good but will never miss

Painted vehicle key. Will chip. You can go on-line and buy knock-offs for $20 and they do not chip because not painted. The are molded with a color concentrate

Extended Dashboard -I no longer do. The leather upgrade is enough

Do like the steering wheel column in leather though since you can see it while looking at your steering wheel
Originally Posted by CAlexio
1. PDLS $7xx option gives you a chrome headlight projector, inside a black housing, with a grey external ring.. to my eyes it looks more beautiful despite the fact that I'm not getting all black. I'm going to put yellow headlight film on my headlights anyway for that lemans look, so I'm ok with that.

2. Mirror lower finish is matte plastic, like the wing tips. In my eyes it matches, also with the satin wheels. If the wing tips and wheels were shiny black I'd probably do the mirror bottoms in shiny painted black, but nothing else is like that so doesn't make sense to me. Maybe if you also did door handles in black, but considering that wing tips still don't match.. these two items would be out of place. On the other hand, The carbon mirror caps are cool.. up to you though if they're worth the money.

3. My strong suggestion is not to get the carbon floor mats.. had them, they scratch, and look terrible shortly after getting them. Maybe consider the leather outline mats to match your stitching?

4. I didn't get to the Dash for trim package previously, and then have been in quite a few other cars that had it and I think that it's worth the money. I'm getting it this go-around. You get a lot more stitching which you can see, and that together with the leather steering column really really finishes out the leather in your car.

Agree to dump the door option… It's useless. However, I do love having alcantara or leather sunvisors… painted & carbon fiber key covers on eBay for $20...

I realize these are all opinions, and what one person says Ends up contrasting the other person… which is why I try not to participate in the opinion threats as I'm not sure how useful they are.. maybe add more confusion than if the buyer just goes with their gut. but since you asked and I'm coming down off my Pebble Beach car week high... I thought I'd chime in.

Thanks for the feedback. Dumped the painted key and traded the door trim package for the leather steering column. Anyone have pictures of the extended leather dash...annoying that the configurator doesn't show the full dash. Sounds like its 3 plastic speaker housings vs. leather trimmed with matching stitching?

On the headlights. Just so I understand...correct me here...
Standard -- Chrome headlight projector, ?? (silver or chrome?) housing, grey trim rings
Standard w/ PDLS -- Chrome headlight projector, black housing, grey trim rings
LED w/ PDLS - Chrome double projector, ?? housing, grey trim rings

I was leaning toward the LED because I prefer the wider spaced DRLs. Just looks more modern to me.

Oh and forgot to ask earlier...is there still a weight penalty for the LEDs or is most of the incremental weight due to adding the PDLS option? And does anyone know what the actual differential is on the .2?

Thanks again guys!

Quick Reply: 991.2 gt3 options