BlueGT3
Racer

Received 138 Likes on 55 Posts

you don't need the Bose sound
Old 08-01-2017, 11:49 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

I think Porsche actually listened to our complaints if that's even possible with the sport Chrono… Originally if I recall correctly it was around $500, then it became something like $1700 overnight as they tried to bundle it with that crappy track app, and we all got pissed off as we loved the look of the watch for the low price but didn't really care for the bundled software. Now again the watch is a very reasonable price, one of the most positive value for money options of all in my opinion, and we aren't getting charged for last generation track timing software. You could say Porsche reversed its pricing mistake on this option, we should all rejoice.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:20 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueGT3
you don't need the Bose sound
....if you don't like music.

sure, maybe you won't use the stereo while on track or during a spirited windows down back roads drive ("the engine is the soundtrack", sure sure). But the hours-plus drive from where you live to where you track or the back roads is gonna be a 65mph or so in top gear in traffic. Tunes make that tolerable.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:40 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis

sure, maybe you won't use the stereo while on track or during a spirited windows down back roads drive ("the engine is the soundtrack", sure sure). But the hours-plus drive from where you live to where you track or the back roads is gonna be a 65mph or so in top gear in traffic. Tunes make that tolerable.
If the GT3.2 is anything like I expect it to be, the car sounds at speed, even cruising at 65MPH, will drown out any advantage to the Bose option. Now, if you spend a lot of time parked with the engine off and sitting in the car waiting for the wife to be done shopping, then yeah, you need the Bose sound.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:21 PM
sirtom
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

I just noticed that another seatbelt color became available on the Configurator: Miami Blue seatbelts. I recall only red, yellow, and silver previously, so I believe it is new.

Here are a couple pictures (attached).

Do you guys think this would go well with Sapphire Blue, Voodoo Blue, or Nogara blue? Or would it be far too bright? I guess we'd have to see it in person to know for sure but just seeking opinions. Thanks!
Attached Images   
Old 08-01-2017, 04:35 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

With the exception of black seatbelts
How will these other colors hold up to dirt/grease/sweat from fingers ?
Old 08-01-2017, 04:43 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 175 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by sirtom
I just noticed that another seatbelt color became available on the Configurator: Miami Blue seatbelts. I recall only red, yellow, and silver previously, so I believe it is new.

Do you guys think this would go well with Sapphire Blue, Voodoo Blue, or Nogara blue? Or would it be far too bright? I guess we'd have to see it in person to know for sure but just seeking opinions. Thanks!
Seat belts miami blue with a contrasting exterior like chalk, agate grey, black, silver, or white then do the vents surround also in miami blue then when the car comes u do calipers in miami blue that is what i would do

It can also work on yellow but won't work on red or blue unless u go with miami blue this IMHO
Old 08-01-2017, 04:44 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 175 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
My red seat belts on my .1 gt3 look the same now as the day they arrived
Old 08-01-2017, 05:19 PM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I think I asked this before somewhere. The consensus seemed to be red holds up better that yellow and better than silver.

I'm also curious for those who have steering wheels with silver stitching, if they get dirty and, if so, what they use to clean it given the alcantara wheel may get damaged from some products.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:47 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis

This is a road car, it's nice to have music. And it's nice to have music this sounds as good as possible… The Bose option is a no-brainer for me. I wouldn't have paid extra for a Burmeister option for example, but for $1600 the Bose seems like a smart easy check.

I've had red belts and I've had silver bells… They just don't get that dirty, get whatever color you like, it's all the same.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:51 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
This is a road car, it's nice to have music. And it's nice to have music this sounds as good as possible… The Bose option is a no-brainer for me. I wouldn't have paid extra for a Burmeister option for example, but for $1600 the Bose seems like a smart easy check.

I've had red belts and I've had silver bells… They just don't get that dirty, get whatever color you like, it's all the same.
I really like yellow seatbelts to go with Viper Green. Yellow is the most likely to show stains, I'm struggling with this decision.
Old 08-02-2017, 03:32 AM
juanpablo046
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

I really like yellow seatbelts to go with Viper Green. Yellow is the most likely to show stains, I'm struggling with this decision.
try some waterproof product, something like the ones used on soft tops, you will keep it clean
Old 08-02-2017, 08:24 AM
J.Ho
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sirtom

Wow they are there now (the blue belts). I was just in this yesterday a.m. And didnt see.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:28 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

There is now deviated stitching available for $3500. It does not say what it encompasses, but if I get an allocation I am getting it in black.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:32 AM
J.Ho
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They also added:

Interior Trim Package with Decorative Stitching and Embroidery in Deviated Thread Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
$3,500

Quick Reply: 991.2 gt3 options