Sponsored by:

991.2 gt3 options

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 09:49 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
another girlfriend/finance ... how many do you need/want?
Look, on a different forum on a different day in a different culture, I might admit truthfully that if it were legal.. "more than one" sounds enticing.. I watch "the last emperor" monthly just for that fun little scene.... (everyone just googled "last emperor threesome scene")
But for now, I'm actually referring to owning multiple PORSCHES, which thankfully, is more common and less controversial... at least in this little harem we call Rennlist.

Originally Posted by Nacelle
LOL this might help..... use it in Colorado, ugly driveway, works great.

http://www.bridjit.com/

and of course zero affiliation
Very kind of you to make the suggestion, but it won't work. At the risk of boring the old-timers here who had heard this all ad-nauseum a few years ago: I live on one of San Francisco's famous hills, my driveway is the street, and mine is not an incline issue for which the device you suggest would work. It's more of a lateral incline problem compounded by a "break-over" issue where the center of the car on the left side gets stuck when my front wheels are in but my back wheels are still on the street. There is no solution short of jacking up the rear of the car on one side each time. God knows half of rennlist chimed in with full-on engineering proposals a few years ago LOL (much appreciated dear friends).

No.. alas, I'm back to looking for garage space rentals which cost more than most apartment leases. anyway.. #1 world problems and all that Jazz.

Back On-topic before I get banned for breaking some obscure clause again.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:02 PM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Look, on a different forum on a different day in a different culture, I might admit truthfully that if it were legal.. "more than one" sounds enticing.. I watch "the last emperor" monthly just for that fun little scene.... (everyone just googled "last emperor threesome scene")
But for now, I'm actually referring to owning multiple PORSCHES, which thankfully, is more common and less controversial... at least in this little harem we call Rennlist.

Very kind of you to make the suggestion, but it won't work. At the risk of boring the old-timers here who had heard this all ad-nauseum a few years ago: I live on one of San Francisco's famous hills, my driveway is the street, and mine is not an incline issue for which the device you suggest would work. It's more of a lateral incline problem compounded by a "break-over" issue where the center of the car on the left side gets stuck when my front wheels are in but my back wheels are still on the street. There is no solution short of jacking up the rear of the car on one side each time. God knows half of rennlist chimed in with full-on engineering proposals a few years ago LOL (much appreciated dear friends).

No.. alas, I'm back to looking for garage space rentals which cost more than most apartment leases. anyway.. #1 world problems and all that Jazz.

Back On-topic before I get banned for breaking some obscure clause again.
LOL again, sorry abut being unaware of the past attempts at a solution....

Sorry as well OP...

I'm Canadian, we say sorry a lot
Old 07-17-2017, 10:15 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by Nacelle
LOL again, sorry abut being unaware of the past attempts at a solution....

Sorry as well OP...

I'm Canadian, we say sorry a lot
Don't be sorry, IM sorry that I made you feel badly. Really sorry.
Old 07-18-2017, 06:00 PM
juanpablo046
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

This is what I'll be ordering:

Black interior leather: Can't stand the non leather dash

90L Fuel tank: always good for track days

Auto dim with rain sensor: I drive at night from time to time

Reversing Camera: don't want any accidents while parking.

Sport Bucket seat: I like to have some adjustment for the back, even it's not much. I may need to put something on the back of the seats for some trips.

Aluminum Fuel Cap: it's nice

Manual Transmission: Would not be ordering if PDK only

Front Lift: My driveway is not good for a GT4 or 997.1 GT3 without lift. I guess I'll need it for the 991.2

Wheels in Aluminum or Platinum, depends on the color I pick.

Headlight cleaning painted in exterior color: Just to keep the front clean.

LED PDLS: I like to have the best possible view at night, and they look good off.

Clubsport Package: I've always missed the roll cage on my actual car.

6 Point seat belt for passenger: Will may have it in storage but want to have it.

Carbon interior: I like the clean look of this dark parts on the interior.

Bose: a must for long trips

Not sure about:

Light design: any more info about this?

PTS: Riviera, if I finally get the option

If not PTS I'm not sure yet, kind of hard. I like white but would also have a different color.
Old 07-18-2017, 06:40 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Get the light design. It's what provides a bit of glow from indirect lighting at night while you're driving , down by your feet, coming down on dash.. makes interior really nice, instead of having the car being pitch black. It's absurd this is an option as even sono econocars have something like this now, but still... worth it
Old 07-18-2017, 06:42 PM
juanpablo046
Racer

Get the light design. It's what provides a bit of glow from indirect lighting at night while you're driving , down by your feet, coming down on dash.. makes interior really nice, instead of having the car being pitch black. It's absurd this is an option as even sono econocars have something like this now, but still... worth it
Thanks, good to know. I have it in my actual GT3, thought it was standard and that the light design was something extra over that.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:26 PM
bruce987
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

My last two GT3's were Guards Red with PCCB... looked Ok to me. I always order the lift kit just in case. Also, always tick the free options. My 2015 had the Bose and it sounded awesome. I included the voice control - works just fine at 70mph with windows down... it beats having to reach way over to the lever to switch radio channels.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:55 AM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce987
... My 2015 had the Bose and it sounded awesome. I included the voice control - works just fine at 70mph with windows down... it beats having to reach way over to the lever to switch radio channels.
Maybe you got Bose and voice control in your 2015 Macan? The 2015 GT3 was available with the basic CDR Audio System and, for a few extra $s, "Sound Package Plus". Bose and voice control weren't offered.

Anyhow, it's good to know that the voice control worked at 70mph with the windows down.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:51 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

W/O the light design package do you still get lighting when you open the visors??

This would be important because my Wife would give me crap for that. I have had the light design on every Porsche and i could live w/o it.

The dimming mirrors may be one tough not to check
Old 07-21-2017, 07:49 AM
aalencar
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 94 Posts

What about the dashboard trim and the steering column casing in leather? Some say the more leather the better but is it really a big noticeable difference? Also sun visors in alcantara?
Old 07-21-2017, 09:27 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by aalencar
What about the dashboard trim and the steering column casing in leather? Some say the more leather the better but is it really a big noticeable difference? Also sun visors in alcantara?
the extended (upper) dashboard leather trim, which has deviated stitching on a lot of pieces is most noticible from outside the car, in my opinion, and is therefore not very worthwhile given its high cost.

The steering column in leather, which also has nice deviated stitching, costs a lot less and is noticible by the driver and passenger all the time and so is more useful. It covers what is otherwise hard plastic, and it looks great. Get it if you like leather and stitching in your view and to the touch vs hard plastic inside the car.

here is a pic of my old GT4, which had the leather steering column, shot from outside the passenger window, and even from here it's very prominent and special looking.

The visors in alcantara I was just thinking about yesterday while driving my GT3, which doesn't have them. The visors are virtually invisible when driving and essentially disappear against the inside roof of the car (same color), and they have a large safety sticker on them anyway when stowed position. Even when using them (sun in eyes), I am not bothered by them not being alcantara one bit. I think most people won't notice one way or another so I wouldn't order the alcantara visors given their cost and limited notice-ability.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:29 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by aalencar
Of the three you Mentioned, I would strongly suggest the steering column in leather. It's the price of a nice dinner and it finishes off the cabin really uniquely in an area which you can see always. Few cars have leather steering columns, very special touch.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:37 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Agree on the stitching on the steeing colum, but the light design package was the worst option I had on my 991 GT3. I don't have it on my RS, and never noticed it's gone. It's just not very noticeable .......
Old 07-22-2017, 03:25 AM
juanpablo046
Racer

Originally Posted by Maverick787
Agree on the stitching on the steeing colum, but the light design package was the worst option I had on my 991 GT3. I don't have it on my RS, and never noticed it's gone. It's just not very noticeable .......
Not that expensive either.

Steering column sounds good, it is something you notice and actually takes plastic out of sight.

Visors for me is a NO. Almost never used and actually never see them.

As long as the steering cover I think it is up to what you like to see/feel
Old 07-22-2017, 09:52 AM
aalencar
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 94 Posts

^^^
Thanks guys. For now I will check the light design and steering column boxes. Have until 08/30. Hope I dont change my mind! The way I see is that if you are in doubt just order it. But then I am ordering even carbon fiber floor mats!

Quick Reply: 991.2 gt3 options