Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

ajag, tired of GT silver?
Old 09-03-2017, 09:49 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bigskyGT4
ajag, tired of GT silver?
No, I love GT Silver, but I never get two cars in a row w/ the same color. I will definitely have one again at some point in the future. With the .2 GT3 I was thinking going fairly basic color-wise and if I indeed get the RS allocation (first on list at a local dealer, whatever that means) I will do one of the exclusive flashy RS colors.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:51 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
What was the way you found to do that? Best way I've seen is buy leather vents from Exclusive Option aftermarket.
Get painted vent slats option ( CDN ) and have your sales rep enter standard vent color when he turns in your build sheet. Better to do it this way so it is oem vs exclusive option. Now if someone could figure out a way to swap the door handles with an RS' door pulls.
Old 09-03-2017, 10:39 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by drdonger
Get painted vent slats option ( CDN ) and have your sales rep enter standard vent color when he turns in your build sheet. Better to do it this way so it is oem vs exclusive option. Now if someone could figure out a way to swap the door handles with an RS' door pulls.
Ah I didn't know that was possible. Are you sure you can order "painted vent slats" and not actually get the slats painted some color? I had been told by Exclusive that the most you could do was have them painted black.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:06 AM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
Ah I didn't know that was possible. Are you sure you can order "painted vent slats" and not actually get the slats painted some color? I had been told by Exclusive that the most you could do was have them painted black.
My sales rep said it was possible. I saw the email from PCNA. He had to ask. Not sure if you have to input something special in the build.
Old 09-04-2017, 05:16 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,451 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by Haku
Here's mine in Carmine: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJL61U64

Mine locks in a few days and I'm still undecided on colors. The issue is what can one live with? Frankly, none of the "Special" colors this time around are particularly my favs and the entire PTS issue is a more like a POS! So my take of the color issue... blah!
Stop waffling - I thought you were dead-set on CR. You will love CR if you feel it is worth the upcharge over GR. I love my CR GT4. I guess now that I have done it- easier for me to say may not be worth the $4000 over GR but do not listen to me. When you open the door to your garage every night before bed you will thank yourself you stuck with CR.
Old 09-04-2017, 05:31 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,451 Likes on 755 Posts

By the way, on my way back from Boca this weekend and saw a MB 4S parked at the Boca Beach Club and I am obsessed with the color. I think it is fantastic. My Wife will shoot me if I get that color and, if I do, and complain a couple months later she will torture me.

But what a great color. It was sitting next to a Red 458 and MB just pops.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:25 PM
Sloopy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have carbon on mine and like it better. Mine is red and red sitching. I also have red on the gage faces and it really looks nice and the red belts. I also have PCCBs and actually like the yellow myself.

I play music a lot when on the road so I wish it had the stereo upgrade, but wasn't available on the .1.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:58 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
By the way, on my way back from Boca this weekend and saw a MB 4S parked at the Boca Beach Club and I am obsessed with the color. I think it is fantastic. My Wife will shoot me if I get that color and, if I do, and complain a couple months later she will torture me.

But what a great color. It was sitting next to a Red 458 and MB just pops.
My wife and I say a 718 Cayman S in MB, she did not like it. I'm still on the fence, does look different in different lighting.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:20 PM
LnC993
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by drdonger
Now if someone could figure out a way to swap the door handles with an RS' door pulls.
In GT4, many owners have changed the door strap to a different color one themselves.

Swapping door pulls to straps should be similar to changing door straps with the right parts from Suncoast.

https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/9159...ap-change.html

https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...1GTSTRAPS.html
Old 09-05-2017, 04:47 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,941 Likes on 2,799 Posts

Originally Posted by LnC993
In GT4, many owners have changed the door strap to a different color one themselves.

Swapping door pulls to straps should be similar to changing door straps with the right parts from Suncoast.

https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/9159...ap-change.html

https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...1GTSTRAPS.html
Changing one strap for another is not a big deal, but I think the metal pulls use a different mechanism. That is why GT3 is not included in the allowed models for this part on Suncoast:
Attached Images  
Old 09-05-2017, 05:46 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
Skip leather and the lower dash and door coves are not alcantara.
Skip leather interior? No thanks.

Originally Posted by Haku
Here's mine in Carmine: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJL61U64

Mine locks in a few days and I'm still undecided on colors. The issue is what can one live with? Frankly, none of the "Special" colors this time around are particularly my favs and the entire PTS issue is a more like a POS! So my take of the color issue... blah!
Frankly, I'm not inspired by any of the colors on the standard palette, from no-cost options like black and white to the $4220 "special" colors like lava and carmine. This is another reason why, despite the price increase, PTS was an easy decision for me. This is not a knock on carmine as I think it's one of the better reds offered over the years, but I wouldn't be excited to live with it and I'd prefer guards if I had to go red. Have you thought about asking your SA if you can switch back to PTS (at least to see if you have the option)?
Old 09-05-2017, 07:41 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Skip leather interior? No thanks.

Frankly, I'm not inspired by any of the colors on the standard palette, from no-cost options like black and white to the $4220 "special" colors like lava and carmine. This is another reason why, despite the price increase, PTS was an easy decision for me. This is not a knock on carmine as I think it's one of the better reds offered over the years, but I wouldn't be excited to live with it and I'd prefer guards if I had to go red. Have you thought about asking your SA if you can switch back to PTS (at least to see if you have the option)?
I would have stuck with PTS, but even as early as my original PTS order was, delivery would have most likely been after our 2018 Spring Smokies event. I just couldn't risk it. That was a huge reason for me switching to CR. Btw, I did ask my SA a couple of weeks ago. PCNA could not confirm when PTS would be confirmed and delivery date firmed.

Therefore CR it is! It's about to lock.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:24 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts
Default red trimmed steering wheel

Saw this on a 911R with some red detailing on the inside.. a red steering wheel. I've never seen anything like this.. screen shot of this Nick Murray video..

starts at 0:30min in the video:

Old 09-18-2017, 07:35 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Saw this on a 911R with some red detailing on the inside.. a red steering wheel. I've never seen anything like this.. screen shot of this Nick Murray video..

starts at 0:30min in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKYe04bxVSU

I wonder if it was aftermarket or CXX. Either way I am sure it is hideous.

Quick Reply: 991.2 gt3 options