Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS w/ 94 Miles or 991.2 GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 02:47 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

The more I look at that pic, the more I like the front end of the .1 a lot more than the .2. The .1 front end looks very Porsche. The new front end looks like a Lamboporsche.

If price were the same, which it's not, I'd probably take the RS.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:28 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 175 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
The more I look at that pic, the more I like the front end of the .1 a lot more than the .2. The .1 front end looks very Porsche. The new front end looks like a Lamboporsche.

If price were the same, which it's not, I'd probably take the RS.
The .1 front end does look more Porsche but i prefer the .2 front end
Old 07-25-2017, 03:51 PM
RobbieRob
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA
It is also ahead of the .1 RS
That's an awesome picture, .2 looks really aggressive with the new front end. I can't wait.

Originally Posted by thegoat
RS will always feel more special
Yeah, until a .2 GT3 goes ripping by you in a turn or down the straight..lol.. 8 seconds faster around the Ring is a big difference.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:56 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

Not that it matters much as to which one I prefer but soon the GT2RS N2 spec tires will be available and it should remain a close fight on track between .1 RS and .2 GT3.

The next car GT3 Porsche releases is always faster regardless of GT3 or RS..

Just Hoosiers will beat any OEM tired RS anyways.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:05 PM
RobbieRob
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Not that it matters much as to which one I prefer but soon the GT2RS N2 spec tires will be available and it should remain a close fight on track between .1 RS and .2 GT3.

The next car GT3 Porsche releases is always faster regardless of GT3 or RS..

Just Hoosiers will beat any OEM tired RS anyways.

I know, I'm just breaking stones, hence the LOL. I would actually like to see the .1 GT3 and .1 GT3rs run the Ring with the N2 tires, I think it would be a lot faster for them both. Tires nowadays are made unbelievably with such awesome compounds, that's why the AMG GTR and the Huracan are going so fast, and the additional HP/TQ doesn't hurt either.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:13 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

^^ Yup.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:23 PM
fibredog
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
+1
Waiting for the front end to grow on me. I've been promised MSRP on the next round of allocations at my dealer. If it weren't for the MT, the new front end could be a deal breaker.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:51 PM
bruce987
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

When doing a quick search online (AutoTrader), I see 74 for sale!!! That's a lot. My personal opinion is everyone who has .1 GT3 or RS are dumping them. Last week there was 124 GT3's for sale. Contrast that with 3 years ago I was searching for a 997.2 GT3 and found only 11 for sale! I personally took a 29% depreciation hit on my 2015 when I traded it in... but I expected some depreciation, just not that much. I was told it was because of the mileage... it had 25,000, but only 6,000 on the new 'G' motor. Stick with the .2 GT3, it's faster the .1 RS and only 2 seconds slower than the 918 at the ring. It has the RSR race motor and not a modified 9A2 motor, another reason.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:58 PM
thegoat
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce987
My personal opinion is everyone who has .1 GT3 or RS are dumping them.
Mine is in the garage...not getting dumped. But thanks for your opinion!
Old 07-25-2017, 06:17 PM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I would not be concerned about the value dropping. The RS will hold up pretty well but it depends if you are paying a mark-up which then could be a small concern

The only (2) factors would be the price delta and which car you want more. If you like the RS better than the GT3 from an aesthetic standpoint than may be worth the delta. But if you like them both equally than I would save yourself the money and go with the .2
The RS won't hold 210k not next year, might become a 210k car again, when every car is electric, even there, I don't see no one wanting a non-manual car.
These 2 years, will quite literally be, the last years that the RS will be sold for more than 200k (unless PTS and CXX).
Next RS will be better, similar price, faster, more reliable, better aero, similar price, lots available, the 991.1 GT3 RS won't have a single edge on the 991.2 RS.
Hell the new gt3 is already faster, better engine, same power, more reliable, (****tier aero tho), can be had with a manual.

In the end, an RS is always an RS, PDK to PDK I would go with an RS and but buy one next year Christmas time will bring good deals, this Christmas you might already see some way better deals than 210k with 18 ways.

If you want an RS either wait for your 991.2 gt3 and sell it next year for an RS or just sell the slot and get an RS if you actually find a deal (180k is a deal today and I could bet it will be the normal price next year).

People that think the RS will hold this prices are not reading the market well. GT2RS, GT3 (PDK + Manual) next will be the 991.2 RS all with similar value propositions or better value propositions than the 991.1 RS.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:28 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA
It is also ahead of the .1 RS
How do you know that the RS isn't about the lap it in that pic or likely the head start it gave.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:32 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,190 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by RennOracle
The RS won't hold 210k not next year, might become a 210k car again, when every car is electric, even there, I don't see no one wanting a non-manual car.
These 2 years, will quite literally be, the last years that the RS will be sold for more than 200k (unless PTS and CXX).
Next RS will be better, similar price, faster, more reliable, better aero, similar price, lots available, the 991.1 GT3 RS won't have a single edge on the 991.2 RS.
Hell the new gt3 is already faster, better engine, same power, more reliable, (****tier aero tho), can be had with a manual.

In the end, an RS is always an RS, PDK to PDK I would go with an RS and but buy one next year Christmas time will bring good deals, this Christmas you might already see some way better deals than 210k with 18 ways.

If you want an RS either wait for your 991.2 gt3 and sell it next year for an RS or just sell the slot and get an RS if you actually find a deal (180k is a deal today and I could bet it will be the normal price next year).

People that think the RS will hold this prices are not reading the market well. GT2RS, GT3 (PDK + Manual) next will be the 991.2 RS all with similar value propositions or better value propositions than the 991.1 RS.
Only flaw in this logic is that nobody knows anything about the 991.2 RS. From what can be ascertained here on RL, it will be a swan song very limited production run that will go to the Chosen Ones, none for small fry poor people like myself. I would love to trade in my current RS for an allocation for the next one, but I'm not holding my breath. But, you are the RennOracle!
Old 07-25-2017, 06:32 PM
KBS911
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts

I like the new .2 front end. Looks more aggressive and sure breathes better!
Old 07-25-2017, 06:36 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 175 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
How do you know that the RS isn't about the lap it in that pic or likely the head start it gave.
Because every track to date that .1 RS and .2 GT3 were timed on shows the .2 beats it
Old 07-25-2017, 06:48 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by RennOracle

Plenty of PDK .2GT3's being sold right now as we speak. So every car is going to be electric next year???? Thanks for the heads up. LOL

Gee, can you pick my next stock, my crytal ball is on the blink. Your forgot the obvious, unavoidable and inevitable shortage of .2GT2RS's that will be available or not availabe more accurately and the as usual insane dealer markups. Expect markups no less than last time. GT2RS production will likely be over and the "market" on those will be $400K+ by then. So a .1RS at $50K over will be a bargain.

Next RS will be better, similar price, faster, more reliable, better aero, similar price, lots available, the 991.1 GT3 RS won't have a single edge on the 991.2 RS. So there will be "lots" available. You obvously don't know PAG modus operendi . Relaibility? Point to one RS that's had valve train issues. They have been reliable as a an anvil. .

Uh, actually the new GT3 is likely not faster. Bunch of press hooey. .2GT3 has and is running superior rubber. So explain how 2 500 hp cars with near identical torque, gearing and weight but one is so much faster than the other? Put the Koolaid down. It's tires tires tires. Put the same updated MPCS on the .1RS and no question the RS will edge it out. More areo, wider track from and rear. More reliable? Point to one RS valve train failure. Just one. Yes. GT3 can be had with a manual but now it's definitely slower around the circuit. PDK is the right box for the RS. No question. AP got that one right. Point to one competing car in WEC or Continnental Challenge running a six speed MT. Just one.

In the end, an RS is always an RS, PDK to PDK I would go with an RS first correct observation and but buy one next year Christmas time will bring good deals, this Christmas you might already see some way better deals than 210k with 18 ways. See above comments but there will be a window where anticipation of the .2GT3RS will see prices soften as some sell in anticpation bu that window will close when supply reality hits and ADMs rear their ugly heads

If you want an RS either wait for your 991.2 gt3 and sell it next year for an RS or just sell the slot and get an RS if you actually find a deal (180k is a deal today and I could bet it will be the normal price next year). I'll take that bet. $180K? LOL. That means .2GT3 are what??? $120K

As far as reading the market I think you need glasses. LOL

Quick Reply: GT3RS w/ 94 Miles or 991.2 GT3?