Sponsored by:

GT2 RS Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 05:56 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmagog
They wont have a choice when Porsche, McLaren and Lambo use (or will use) the Ring as the benchmark. Its becoming quite relevant a good ring time not unlike a 0-100kmh (which Tesla owns IMO). BTW: more realistic as a benchmark as well.

and my deposit is in for a 488VS
Also have a deposit on 488VS - Ring times are important it shows how far the factories are willing to go I don't think Ferrari can put down the numbers that Lamborghini set the bar at nor can anyone else. Haven't heard from the P dealer about a GT2RS slot it's been weeks so much work to play the Porsche game like Nate OZ going with the Singer.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:30 PM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Received 202 Likes on 120 Posts

I don't entirely understand the criticism of the 488's Ring time given Ferrari doesn't really optimize the car for that circuit. I would have expected it to be a bit faster as well given the HP, but then again, this isn't their track oriented model.

On the other hand, at Hockehim, the 488 is almost 1 second faster than the new GT3 according to Sport Auto (different days, so perhaps unfair to compare). 1 min 7 dead.

If they cared, I'm sure they do much better at the Ring that presently.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:06 AM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by vantage
I don't entirely understand the criticism of the 488's Ring time given Ferrari doesn't really optimize the car for that circuit. I would have expected it to be a bit faster as well given the HP, but then again, this isn't their track oriented model.

On the other hand, at Hockehim, the 488 is almost 1 second faster than the new GT3 according to Sport Auto (different days, so perhaps unfair to compare). 1 min 7 dead.

It wasn't criticism as much as simply stating fact- Ferrari's times have often been poor at the ring so they're not going to talk about them.

Hockenheim is billiard table smooth compared to the ring, and a great measure of pure grip and grunt. You can tell something about the car's finesse and poise over bumps by comparing Hockenheim vs the 'Ring. Many equate a relatively good Nurburgring time to a car that's a better real world all-rounder (assuming your real world includes challenging back-roads, etc). One of the reasons companies from around the world test there- it's one of the toughest all around challenges to set a car up for as it has a little of everything. In comparison there are some cars with fatal handling flaws (stability issues, etc) that turn in great times on Hockenheim.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:04 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by vantage

488's have turned into GT cars - 458 Speciale is track focussed extreme hidden technology would have loved to see a 458S Ring time but those times bring a lot of controversy.

2RS IMO under 7min but slower than the Performante.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:29 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,744 Likes on 5,127 Posts

6:49

I'm guessing for the 2RS at the 'Ring.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:58 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
6:49

I'm guessing for the 2RS at the 'Ring.
It needed to lose more weight even with the W diet - Performante awd less weight 640 hp better aero.

Beating the 918 is one thing beating the Performante I don't see it.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:37 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's obvious that the Ring has got quicker recently, as have latest tires.
Performante time and hype has already done its job for that car, and I can't imagine that the uber RS is going to be launched with a slower time than another VW car.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:00 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,744 Likes on 5,127 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
It needed to lose more weight even with the W diet - Performante awd less weight 640 hp better aero.

Beating the 918 is one thing beating the Performante I don't see it.
AP has already whispered off-the record that the lap time for the RS will have a "4" in it, and it won't be either the first or the last number.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:33 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 174 Likes on 94 Posts

The GT2RS has 60 more hp, 150Nm more torque, larger tires front (20mm) and rear (20mm), a lower weight to power 2.1kg/hp vs. 2.15kg/hp ratio, is faster to 100 kph (0.1s) and 200 kph (0.6s), 2RS din is 1470kg while HP is 1382kg dry.

Haven't seen a CdxA for the performante but with the 2RS faster to 200 km/h it can't make much difference. There would have to be some real magic for it to be faster than the 2RS.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:39 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,018 Likes on 2,838 Posts

Originally Posted by Loess
There would have to be some real magic for it to be faster than the 2RS.
That would have to come in the form of the ALA Active Aero package, but not sure how much time that saves (certainly the Performante slays the standard Huracan much more than the 30hp power bump would help - tires big deal too)...
Old 07-14-2017, 03:52 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 174 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
That would have to come in the form of the ALA Active Aero package, but not sure how much time that saves (certainly the Performante slays the standard Huracan much more than the 30hp power bump would help - tires big deal too)...
I'm sure they improved the handling/damping of the car as well. I would love to know how much the ALA is helping a road car. Blowing air out one side of the wing makes 10's of seconds? I can see Mclaren's active wing and other cars with diffuser duct flaps making some difference but not this. How much difference would it make running Cup2 tires with racing rubber compound?
Old 07-14-2017, 04:52 PM
Catmagog
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 6 Posts

Performante has only started its weight savings and HP increase improvements and is not an LE or hyped as such. There will be other more extreme variants that will come and even if Porsche does 6:49xxx in the GT2RS thats the best it will do on the 991 platform. Unless the pop out an LE GT2RS as the final goodbye
Old 07-14-2017, 04:52 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
AP has already whispered off-the record that the lap time for the RS will have a "4" in it, and it won't be either the first or the last number.
If the 2RS rear wheel drive is faster - that would be shocking let alone a 6:49 or under ... were there recent changes to the ring?

Agree with Catmagog the Performante will come in LE lighter faster versions.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:56 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 522 Posts

Let;'s just say the Performante can't do back to back laps of 6:52 on the original set of tires.

Marc Lieb just did a back to back to back 6:57 on the Ring while they are testing the .2 GT3. Went on on fresh tires and didn't change and all 3 laps are within 0.8 second.

Actually that's something no other manufacturers can do. A 918 can do 6:57 all day, all week, all year. McLaren might have one hero lap then falls off the cliff with the P1. Same with Lambo with the Performante and Mercedes with their GT-R or whatever the name is.
Old 07-15-2017, 12:24 AM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Marc Lieb just did a back to back to back 6:57 on the Ring while they are testing the .2 GT3.
In the 918 you mean?

One thing I appreciate hugely about the 911s is that the running costs, while high if you track seriously, are still grounded in reality. A few years ago when prices were far lower I considered swapping PVX for a Carrera GT. That all fell apart when I realized how much it would cost to use a CGT as I would a 911- clutches, shocks, etc: it's an exotic. The GT cars meanwhile are as fast as exotics but they are 98% regular 911, and at the end of the day that gives them some huge advantages.

I might regret not getting that CGT when I could have afforded it, but in the end I think it was the right call. I want a car I can push hard safely, reliably, and without exorbitant cost. Sure other cars qualify, but in this performance range the 911 based GT cars still do that best (though they should be hearing American footsteps).

Quick Reply: GT2 RS Pricing