Old 11-08-2017, 07:48 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,703 Likes on 2,342 Posts

i dont work on cars
but i have a very large snap on tool box
what is in there? nothing but healthy protein
my classify my food group differnently than most.

steve, i am stil on the 15% diet
i only bought 4 boxes of those mint chocolate. usually it's 5 boxes a week
Old 11-08-2017, 07:50 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,807 Likes on 1,102 Posts

Those little mints are tasty.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:19 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't use the word diet, I call it a permanent lifestyle change. Soon to be 60, ride 3 days a week (3 -4hrs each ride), do weights, punching/kicking bag during the winter and eat my fair share of fruits, veggies, protein, and dark chocolate. All day water, green matcha tea daily with my shakes. Should I keep going? 130 lbs and never been as fit. Don't want to bore anyone anymore so I'll leave it at that.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:37 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,039 Likes on 2,302 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
I don't use the word diet, I call it a permanent lifestyle change. Soon to be 60, ride 3 days a week (3 -4hrs each ride), do weights, punching/kicking bag during the winter and eat my fair share of fruits, veggies, protein, and dark chocolate. All day water, green matcha tea daily with my shakes. Should I keep going? 130 lbs and never been as fit. Don't want to bore anyone anymore so I'll leave it at that.
Yeah, my friends think I'm on a "diet"...I'm not, I eat what I like and in the portion that I want so it really is a permanent lifestyle change. Will I have a few beers or piece of cake or slice of Costco pizza once in a blue moon? Of course, but those things are the exceptions and not the norm anymore.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:43 PM
Finlander
Rennlist Member

Received 387 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
Eat/drink: Meat (everything that came from a mother), (whole) eggs, butter, bacon, fatty cheeses, water, red wine. Eat when hungry, to satiety.
Eliminate: carbs, grains (wheat, pasta, pastry), plants (fruits, vegetables), seeds, vegetable/seed oils, processed crap.

Have been doing this for almost a year. Look and feel like Superman with only 30min (bodyweight + high-intensity interval) training a week. "After" results match this guy's (read his story):

https://lihfliving.com/about/

Great book referencing tons of studies:

https://www.amazon.com/Big-Fat-Surpr...dp/B00A25FDUA/

Google "zero carb".

So you're basically on a ketogenic diet?

I've heard Dominic D'Agostino speak about this diet and I've read about it but I'm not convinced this diet is good for you long term....especially eliminating fruits and veggies. Dark veggies like kale and spinach will give your body far more nutrients than any meat.

I have been very fit, athletic and healthy my entire life and I recently changed to more of a pescatarian diet. Its working very well....feel great but I still enjoy a nice filet once in a while.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:14 PM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 181 Likes on 96 Posts

I use to test my bodies ability to take a beating regularly. Bad food, alcohol, candy, no exercise. Then i turned 40 12 months ago and changed my lifestyle.

No booze, no bread, no sugar drinks, working out regularly at orange theory fitness. Im 40lbs lighter and feel great.

Now put a skillet brownie desert with vanilla ice cream in front of me and I’m 39 again!
Old 11-08-2017, 09:27 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
Eat/drink: Meat (everything that came from a mother), (whole) eggs, butter, bacon, fatty cheeses, water, red wine. Eat when hungry, to satiety.
Eliminate: carbs, grains (wheat, pasta, pastry), plants (fruits, vegetables), seeds, vegetable/seed oils, processed crap.

Have been doing this for almost a year. Look and feel like Superman with only 30min (bodyweight + high-intensity interval) training a week. "After" results match this guy's (read his story):

https://lihfliving.com/about/

Great book referencing tons of studies:

Amazon Amazon

Google "zero carb".
I’m basically doing ketogenic... but how do you drink red wine?... that’s pure sugar, Iï¸ tried a sip of alcohol a few days ago and Iï¸t threw me right out of ketosis (pee strip test)
Old 11-08-2017, 09:40 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,882 Likes on 970 Posts

Originally Posted by spg993tt
oh, a few more>

1. carrots. nibbleon them. keep bags of those chunky baby carrots in the frig. hungry? eating desire? eat those. super low cal, incredibly good for your stomach and digestion. makes your hands orange

2. cut 15% off your plate. whatever you order, whatever is delivered, immediately take 15% off your plate and toss it, put back in the fridge. that 15% alone is all you need and you wont miss it. if its on the plate, its getting eaten. i rarely leave anything on a plate and truth be told am not, if not in public, adverse to licking the plate clean<G>
Originally Posted by mooty
steve, i will try the 15% thing....
i am a really good climber for my age and wt. i can only imagin if i lose 20#. wife says if i lose 20# i would be in ER hahahah

i understand some say they are not hungry..
well i dont eat b/c i am hungry. i am rarely ever hungry or ever full. the amount of food i can put a way and speed i can inhale food will amaze most of you. usctrojan woudl tell you and i was eating rather politely when we are on track. that's 50% of my intake and only eating at 1/2 my regular speed. i eat mainly b/c i am bored and i get bored easily. i even eat while racing in rennsport VI after first lap mayhem , it was boring... so i tried to keep myself not get bore.
mooty. i have seen steve eat and i'm quite confident he could give you a run for your money. the only thing i've ever seen him leave on his plate is the inner of a roll but that was followed by three entrees and a couple aps, plus a few trips to the salad bar. never seen a competitive cyclist that didn't eat like it was their last meal on earth,,,,
Old 11-08-2017, 09:54 PM
Airbag997
Rennlist Member

Received 516 Likes on 270 Posts

What to eat is simple. Avoid processed foods. Effectively, avoid Omega 6's. It's that simple. Processed foods inflame the cardiovascular system. Analogous to scrubbing a toothbrush on your arm hour after hour day after day. When your cardiovascular system is inflamed, saturated fats and cholesterol stick to lining of your arteries. All these fad diets, vegan, ketogenic, blah blah blah, are all garbage. Cholesterol and saturated fats are only harmful if your cardiovascular system is inflamed. Then they stick. The human body was never designed to consume processed foods. That simple. A 30 year cardiovascular surgeon wrote an excellent article on this topic. Ever since i read it, I'm living proof it's true. My blood pressure is down, my blood work numbers are better than ever. And I am eating red meat and dairy galore. Feel like I'm 25 again.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:05 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by bronson7
u are doing it right my friend
soon to be 50
ride
weights: i lift the two kids. they are dense.
punching kicking kids on weekends when they dont behave.
i have started matcha tea after a post you made long ago and do drink way way more water than i used to. espcialy after a kidney stone that got into gueness world record.... not kidding there.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:13 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

nizer, sounds like steve and i should not sit at the same table at dinner. we may just scare away all the guests. i am getting better now. i only eat from my own plate. i used to finish my food, then i will start eating off ppl across and next to me. sometimes i dont even know those ppl. my wife had to apologize often..... and if there's a birthday party next door, i will invite myself over for the cake

someone mentioned cholesterol. i am lucky. i do eat a bunch of well...... stuff
brownies, ice creams, brown sugar cubes....but my cholesterol
HDL 120. 121. 114. 127. 123
LDL 50. 55. 58. 64. 37
for last 20 years. i listed the last five years.
wife who's a doc said many ppl would pay huge money or even kill to have those number.

lets hope they stay that way
Old 11-08-2017, 10:17 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Just got back from a Solo night ride.
Attached Images  
Old 11-08-2017, 10:29 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

NINJA TURTLE: raphael or michaelangelo?

i dont think i can survive that temp.
if i need more than arm warmers.... i freeze.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:32 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
NINJA TURTLE: raphael or michaelangelo?

i dont think i can survive that temp.
if i need more than arm warmers.... i freeze.
Lol, temps ranged from 37 to 55. I would love to move somewhere where it never gets below 60’s. Nice part, almost no wind.
Attached Images   
Old 11-09-2017, 12:27 AM
ak432
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I thinking restricting calories doesn't work longer term as your basil metabolism will slow down to compensate for the lower calorie level. I've lost about 30lbs since the middle of June by doing zero exercise (mainly because I've been so busy with my 2 jobs). I basically cut out 70-80% of carbs out of my diet, especially liquid sugar (vitamin water, gatorade, or anything sweet) and combo that with intermittent fasting where I only eat 1 or 2 times a day within a 1-4 hour period and stay away from highly processed foods. I not hungry at all and have done a few 3-4 day fasts without much hunger. No sweets and have had alcohol a few times since June. If I beat twice a day then I'll start out with 3 eggs with bacon along with a little hash brown then for my second meal I'll have some protein (meat, chicken, or fish) along with some salad then throw in some nuts along with some fruit. The only thing that I basically drink now is water, mineral water, and plain iced tea. If I exercised at all (which I'm planning to do), my weight loss and getting more toned would be even more amplified. The times where I eat once a day I have a big meal...something like Korean BBQ or In'N'Out protein style burger with fries and then some chicken later. My sweet treats are fruit and 75-80% dark chocolate with almonds. I can't image drinking anything sweet now because it'd taste like syrup to me now.

great job Martin!

Now have your lap times improved?

Quick Reply: just got back, let's discuss value of porsches