Sponsored by:

just got back, let's discuss value of porsches

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 11:04 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by d00d
If you see an eye start to bulge or the dog winces, get to the Veterinarian immediately for pressure regulation drops, otherwise the dog can suffer a detached retina.
My 14 year old Shih Tzu is eyeless due to this, now I call him Bumpy.
That’s some pretty scary stuff. Appreciate the heads up. Will be keeping an eye out for it.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:23 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,625 Likes on 2,310 Posts

OLD girl getting new bra on this week....
Old 11-07-2017, 04:55 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,422 Likes on 614 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
OLD girl getting new bra on this week....
Me tooooo!!! LOL

Last edited by needmoregarage; 06-27-2022 at 10:39 PM.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:49 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ YOU WIN
Old 11-07-2017, 10:58 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Oooohh...
Old 11-08-2017, 09:14 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Old 11-08-2017, 11:01 AM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Mooty, im going on a cyclist diet, come join me. drop 3 of those banana slices and 2 strawberry halves and 3 blueberrys. just enough to make a difference ,not enough to notice. im doing same. cutting 15% off my plate before i get going. plus, the car will accelerate faster as well.

Originally Posted by mooty

this is great
i see all the old RLster enjoying life be it cars , dogs, cats, food or bicycles.

wednesday is not a good day to work and i’m too
tired to ride after 30 bags of reese’s (halloween u know)... so....

but seeiously can i get a PTS pink retriever? that will match my pink bike
Old 11-08-2017, 11:31 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by spg993tt
Mooty, im going on a cyclist diet, come join me. drop 3 of those banana slices and 2 strawberry halves and 3 blueberrys. just enough to make a difference ,not enough to notice. im doing same. cutting 15% off my plate before i get going. plus, the car will accelerate faster as well.
Can I join? With things slowing down due to weather, need to adjust diet to avoid extra lbs. Please share your wealth of knowledge on diets. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:09 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by RajDatta
Can I join? With things slowing down due to weather, need to adjust diet to avoid extra lbs. Please share your wealth of knowledge on diets. Thanks in advance.
here are several take them as you like:
1. eat as much salad as you can tolerate for lunch and dinner. veggies, salad, some protein, use balsamic vinegar not heavy dressing. cant eat too much .

2. veggies. same deal. as many. broccoli, cauliflower. i sometimes get those precut bag you can microwave. ill microwave nice bag of them, then pt some diced chicken, som parmigan cheese on them, and it s agreat low car, high starch mean, filling.

3. eat eggs for breakfast as often as possiblle, but egg whites;
4. any time you eat bread, try to eat the darkest bread possible. whole wheat, whole grain, pumperknickle, rye, are all vastly better, lower BMI than white. white would be not good for you at all

5. brown rice over white rice.
6. when you want to lose weight, try to just cut like 350, 400 calories a day too much and you'll struggle for power. that amounts to like 1lb week. go slow and you wont lose power on the bike. do too much and you'll struggle.

7. try to get rid of the soda, alcohols, fattening stuff. try not to eat after certain hour. eat dinner earlier, digest and maybe a snack not too late.

8. ride more.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:20 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

oh, a few more>

1. carrots. nibbleon them. keep bags of those chunky baby carrots in the frig. hungry? eating desire? eat those. super low cal, incredibly good for your stomach and digestion. makes your hands orange

2. cut 15% off your plate. whatever you order, whatever is delivered, immediately take 15% off your plate and toss it, put back in the fridge. that 15% alone is all you need and you wont miss it. if its on the plate, its getting eaten. i rarely leave anything on a plate and truth be told am not, if not in public, adverse to licking the plate clean<G>
Old 11-08-2017, 05:35 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by spg993tt
here are several take them as you like:
1. eat as much salad as you can tolerate for lunch and dinner. veggies, salad, some protein, use balsamic vinegar not heavy dressing. cant eat too much .

2. veggies. same deal. as many. broccoli, cauliflower. i sometimes get those precut bag you can microwave. ill microwave nice bag of them, then pt some diced chicken, som parmigan cheese on them, and it s agreat low car, high starch mean, filling.

3. eat eggs for breakfast as often as possiblle, but egg whites;
4. any time you eat bread, try to eat the darkest bread possible. whole wheat, whole grain, pumperknickle, rye, are all vastly better, lower BMI than white. white would be not good for you at all

5. brown rice over white rice.
6. when you want to lose weight, try to just cut like 350, 400 calories a day too much and you'll struggle for power. that amounts to like 1lb week. go slow and you wont lose power on the bike. do too much and you'll struggle.

7. try to get rid of the soda, alcohols, fattening stuff. try not to eat after certain hour. eat dinner earlier, digest and maybe a snack not too late.

8. ride more.
This is exactly what I am doing, except for point 1,2,4,5,6 and 7 but I eat the yokes.

And I don't ride.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:09 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Eat/drink: Meat (everything that came from a mother), (whole) eggs, butter, bacon, fatty cheeses, water, red wine. Eat when hungry, to satiety.
Eliminate: carbs, grains (wheat, pasta, pastry), plants (fruits, vegetables), seeds, vegetable/seed oils, processed crap.

Have been doing this for almost a year. Look and feel like Superman with only 30min (bodyweight + high-intensity interval) training a week. "After" results match this guy's (read his story):

https://lihfliving.com/about/

Great book referencing tons of studies:

Amazon Amazon

Google "zero carb".
Old 11-08-2017, 06:31 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,978 Likes on 2,265 Posts

I thinking restricting calories doesn't work longer term as your basil metabolism will slow down to compensate for the lower calorie level. I've lost about 30lbs since the middle of June by doing zero exercise (mainly because I've been so busy with my 2 jobs). I basically cut out 70-80% of carbs out of my diet, especially liquid sugar (vitamin water, gatorade, or anything sweet) and combo that with intermittent fasting where I only eat 1 or 2 times a day within a 1-4 hour period and stay away from highly processed foods. I not hungry at all and have done a few 3-4 day fasts without much hunger. No sweets and have had alcohol a few times since June. If I beat twice a day then I'll start out with 3 eggs with bacon along with a little hash brown then for my second meal I'll have some protein (meat, chicken, or fish) along with some salad then throw in some nuts along with some fruit. The only thing that I basically drink now is water, mineral water, and plain iced tea. If I exercised at all (which I'm planning to do), my weight loss and getting more toned would be even more amplified. The times where I eat once a day I have a big meal...something like Korean BBQ or In'N'Out protein style burger with fries and then some chicken later. My sweet treats are fruit and 75-80% dark chocolate with almonds. I can't image drinking anything sweet now because it'd taste like syrup to me now.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:43 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

steve, i will try the 15% thing....
i am a really good climber for my age and wt. i can only imagin if i lose 20#. wife says if i lose 20# i would be in ER hahahah

i understand some say they are not hungry..
well i dont eat b/c i am hungry. i am rarely ever hungry or ever full. the amount of food i can put a way and speed i can inhale food will amaze most of you. usctrojan woudl tell you and i was eating rather politely when we are on track. that's 50% of my intake and only eating at 1/2 my regular speed. i eat mainly b/c i am bored and i get bored easily. i even eat while racing in rennsport VI after first lap mayhem , it was boring... so i tried to keep myself not get bore.

when i am in gym, each up stroke of sit up, i swallow a chip
when i curl, the hand that's not curling, have food in it.
varsity tennis in HS.if i am ahead, i will have apple in my shorts pocket and eat b/n points. if opponent really sucked, i will take bite during points

now you see why i am not slim.

why do you think i have tuype here? i am busy stuffing mysefl....
Old 11-08-2017, 07:45 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
This is exactly what I am doing, except for point 1,2,4,5,6 and 7 but I eat the yokes.

And I don't ride.
u live right.

Quick Reply: just got back, let's discuss value of porsches