Sponsored by:

just got back, let's discuss value of porsches

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2020, 10:00 AM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by fbroen
Thank you. Had I taken Northern Route — I could have picked you up on the way.

Would've been fun. If I'd kept the snows on my GT3 this winter would have accompanied you. LOL
Old 02-22-2020, 10:20 AM
fbroen
Three Wheelin'

Received 230 Likes on 125 Posts

Running on Alpins now.
Somewhere Tennessee:

Old 02-22-2020, 10:42 AM
Saru385
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 42 Posts

^^ the mooty effect has already started affecting / infecting you!
by the time you get out here your photos will be completely upside down!!!

hope to see you guys pedaling around while i'm out for a drive.
Old 02-22-2020, 01:38 PM
fbroen
Three Wheelin'

Haha. Yeah, new phone. Need to sort that.
Old 02-22-2020, 02:16 PM
J9277655
Rennlist Member

Received 326 Likes on 105 Posts

I've have an F10 Rim, an F12 Disc and had an F10 Disc while my rim F10 was out of commission (pre-F12).

Generally, I've loved the rim F10 and think the F12 improves in a few key areas:
- For sure stiffer. Visibly more carbon across the entire bike, especially at the bottom bracket and rear triangle. The bike is definitely not a "light" bike, but once it's going, it really gives the impression of power transfer vs the F10. As long as your legs can keep cranking, the F12 definitely feels like a faster bike, even uphill, compared to my rim F10 which is ~2lbs lighter. It's sluggish at really low speed, but i attribute this to the switch from rim to disc.
- Descending the F12 feels much more stable and inspiring vs the F10, and not just under braking due to the disc. I seem to have really become comfortable descending on this bike compared to the F10.
- Better integration of components and cables certainly isn't going to be a game-changer for me or most amateurs, but the bike does look very slick. To me, it's very similar in concept to a new S-Works Venge. Not full aero, not full climbing, but a happy medium.

I recently sold the Disc F10. It was bought as a temporary bike and honestly i never really enjoyed it (and wish we had the rim F10 during Ingamba). It really felt like a rim bike adapted to disc to capture consumer demand, vs a disc bike engineered from day one (like the F12).

The rim F10 i think is honestly killer. It doesn't get much love at the moment, but at around ~15lbs, i didn't want to part ways with it. It's a pretty expensive bike to perpetually have on the trainer, but i do love it. It's a "pretty" bike in my opinion vs the F12.

Halfway through the Tour de Mooty i'll be shipping the F12 to Solvang for a 6-day camp that starts on the 9th. I'll ride the rim F10 for the second half of our week, so really looking forward to the back to back comparison.

I'm also running AXS on the F12 which i think is my favorite part of the F12. Due to the smaller chainrings I end up climbing in the big ring longer and feel more efficient as a result. Really enjoy AXS.

Old 02-22-2020, 03:57 PM
wru
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by J9277655
I've have an F10 Rim, an F12 Disc and had an F10 Disc while my rim F10 was out of commission (pre-F12).

Generally, I've loved the rim F10 and think the F12 improves in a few key areas:
- For sure stiffer. Visibly more carbon across the entire bike, especially at the bottom bracket and rear triangle. The bike is definitely not a "light" bike, but once it's going, it really gives the impression of power transfer vs the F10. As long as your legs can keep cranking, the F12 definitely feels like a faster bike, even uphill, compared to my rim F10 which is ~2lbs lighter. It's sluggish at really low speed, but i attribute this to the switch from rim to disc.
- Descending the F12 feels much more stable and inspiring vs the F10, and not just under braking due to the disc. I seem to have really become comfortable descending on this bike compared to the F10.
- Better integration of components and cables certainly isn't going to be a game-changer for me or most amateurs, but the bike does look very slick. To me, it's very similar in concept to a new S-Works Venge. Not full aero, not full climbing, but a happy medium.

I recently sold the Disc F10. It was bought as a temporary bike and honestly i never really enjoyed it (and wish we had the rim F10 during Ingamba). It really felt like a rim bike adapted to disc to capture consumer demand, vs a disc bike engineered from day one (like the F12).

The rim F10 i think is honestly killer. It doesn't get much love at the moment, but at around ~15lbs, i didn't want to part ways with it. It's a pretty expensive bike to perpetually have on the trainer, but i do love it. It's a "pretty" bike in my opinion vs the F12.

Halfway through the Tour de Mooty i'll be shipping the F12 to Solvang for a 6-day camp that starts on the 9th. I'll ride the rim F10 for the second half of our week, so really looking forward to the back to back comparison.

I'm also running AXS on the F12 which i think is my favorite part of the F12. Due to the smaller chainrings I end up climbing in the big ring longer and feel more efficient as a result. Really enjoy AXS.
jono you joining us in Catalonia?
Old 02-22-2020, 09:23 PM
ringzero
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts

Went up Page Mill today. Tough, and about 10min slower than Mooty/ChrisF according to the Strava but wasn’t completely cooked on top. Then nearly froze to death going across Skyline. Note to self: bring more clothes for the tour! Back to Vancouver for a week then into a car for the 1000 mile drive back down the coast. 👍
Old 02-23-2020, 03:03 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by ringzero
Went up Page Mill today. Tough, and about 10min slower than Mooty/ChrisF according to the Strava but wasn’t completely cooked on top. Then nearly froze to death going across Skyline. Note to self: bring more clothes for the tour! Back to Vancouver for a week then into a car for the 1000 mile drive back down the coast. 👍
thiabis not on the tour
but if we all feel good we can do this drop to ocean
back up tunitas
good views
bn climbs are 10 mile of recovering rollers

to do 47min i have to be on full bore really tough

48 min as lkng as not too tired and I don’t sleep riding to music I can do it. (yes sometimes I sort of fall sleep while riding. but only once I fell
over)

49-50 min usually is ok

it’s likely the toughest climb around here except joaquim, whixh is 15-17% but only ⅛ miles

no we do not do joaquim
Old 02-23-2020, 03:05 AM
LionelB
Burning Brakes

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts

Big temperature swings between the valley and the coast. In the summer the difference can be big. It's a clothing challenge !
Old 02-23-2020, 03:07 AM
LionelB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mooty
it’s likely the toughest climb around here except joaquim, whixh is 15-17% but only ⅛ miles

no we do not do joaquim
They are many tougher climbs than Pagemill but given my shape level I am going to keep my mouth shut....
Old 02-23-2020, 03:38 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Saw a pumpkin today. Drove the jag. Need to figure out how to manual swap it.

Old 02-23-2020, 03:59 AM
ringzero
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by LionelB
Big temperature swings between the valley and the coast. In the summer the difference can be big. It's a clothing challenge !
fog and rain/hail blowing over the ridges on skyline. wet roads, wtf?! there is haha cold and uh-oh cold and I was the latter.. garmin said 19C at the bottom, 5C up there. didn’t expect it at all!

burrito and margarita at SJC erased the suffering, though. 😋
Old 02-23-2020, 04:21 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

^ that's unusual. the coldest parts I have found is descending from skyline to tunitas.
I just slow down to avoid wind chill. I can't feel fingers so hard to pull brake haha
Old 02-23-2020, 04:46 AM
LionelB
Burning Brakes

fog and rain/hail blowing over the ridges on skyline. wet roads, wtf?! there is haha cold and uh-oh cold and I was the latter.. garmin said 19C at the bottom, 5C up there. didn’t expect it at all!

burrito and margarita at SJC erased the suffering, though. 😋
yeah, this whole California thing is over rated
Old 02-23-2020, 11:33 AM
fbroen
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by LionelB
yeah, this whole California thing is over rated
haha. Coldest I have ever been was descending Mt. Baldy. Out of towners, it was nice and warm in LA — yeah not at the top.

Quick Reply: just got back, let's discuss value of porsches