just got back, let's discuss value of porsches

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 08:30 AM
Gh0st0
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
go to Bavettes - -best place
anything on the menu that you would recommend?
Old 11-13-2019, 10:47 AM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

Received 782 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
^ those did increase in value surprisingly. I have some that are $1000-1500. if I only knew, I would have collected a lot more.
That MOOTS sponsorship!!
Old 11-13-2019, 11:43 AM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,245 Posts

California Dreamin'.... on such a winter's day!

Get out and drive.

Old 11-13-2019, 12:23 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,427 Likes on 615 Posts

Originally Posted by Saru385
but it's a dry cold.

New record low last night: 12 degrees F
Old 11-13-2019, 01:41 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude

California Dreamin'.... on such a winter's day!

Get out and drive.
plan drive later and ride friday
The following users liked this post:
Diablo Dude (11-13-2019)
Old 11-13-2019, 01:56 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by LionelB
Changing pedal type is a tough deal. Did it a few times from Time to Speedplay to Look. I will stop there as I have too many bikes as it is and my knees are liking Look pedals with red cleats. This said DA pedals are very good.
LOOK with red cleats are 9* float. i
loved it. DA max at 6*. so far so good. I had cognition re measure my pedal strokes and clear position then they installed all five pairs

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
I grew up in Buffalo.
yes there is lots to do: various types of snow sports like skiing, shovel or snow blow driveway and sidewalks, go for walk, Or do projects inside.

it’s beautiful to look at but not for 5-6 months in a row. If winter lasted 2 months I’d be happy. We head south to escape it for awhile (but not too far south as we don’t like heat/humidity). For me the perfect temp is 60-70F. Would rather have cold than hot.

I also love change of seasons. Same Wx all the time would drive me nuts.

yes 1 month of snow was cool then it got dirty and mushy. the temp range u described is sf ca

Originally Posted by tasman
Coolest thing about winter here in Wisconsin is you can drive and walk on water. 😂
oh I do that routinely lol
Old 11-13-2019, 02:02 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by hf1
Yes, how about some cubicle, office or conference room pics too for good measure?
I like open plan. no cubicles

conf table. not used often. I fall asleep in mtgs and usually it’s my way or no way. so really no reason to meet other than ppl bring me food and good food at that. the six main partners we always fight and scream at each other so it’s best we just text

my desk.

my private room. no stairs to get up. I use a pull up bar to pull self up. what happens up there stays up there.

assistant area.

food area. the bar at the end is what I use to pull self up the balcony. descending is more dangerous.

“think tank” most important decisions I make on my thrown
The following 2 users liked this post by mooty:
Diablo Dude (11-13-2019), Spyerx (11-13-2019)
Old 11-13-2019, 06:09 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,785 Likes on 1,087 Posts

My offices are not nearly as interesting. BUT, I can guarantee the food and snack selection would be MOOTY APPROVED. Gotta love Silicon Valley excess!

Old 11-13-2019, 06:18 PM
Saru385
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by n2cars
Drive, ride, eat, wash car, wash bike, take photos. Does anyone WORK?
i have what i would call a regular job and sit in a regular (crappy) cubicle and regularly drive my GT3 to work.
we do have nice weather here in the Bay Area though!
Old 11-13-2019, 06:45 PM
basil2000
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

had my first cyclocross race last weekend. Was 25deg at start of race, my lungs were burning. Questioned why i was doing it as i was doing it and then driving home realized i was already looking forward to doing it again. Lol.
not sure what is costing me more. My HPDE habit or my bike habit. In the last 2 years i have bought a downhill mntn bike, XC mntn bike, road bike and now a cyclocross bike. And of course all of the riding gear. Now I need to buy a fat tire bike to ride in the snow because i am missing out on that too. Oh i almost forgot to ask but do you think the value of a 16 gt3rs in UV will drop below 150k?
The following users liked this post:
911Jetta (11-21-2019)
Old 11-13-2019, 06:51 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Lol. I need a gravel bike and. Fat tire bike. Amazingly it's easier to get a new car past the wife than a new bike. Go figure
Maybe I should tell her bike came with car

Old 11-13-2019, 06:54 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 977 Likes on 365 Posts

Nice Crux! I have a buddy who races CX trying to talk me into it but all I see is broken bones in my future. I stick to riding road, gravel, trail. I see the bike habit as always good since it has a signifcant added health benefit (I'm down 50lbs+ since it started). The bikes still don't add up to the sales tax on the other hobby.

.1 RS's are already below that now As is the mantra of this thread: buy something you like, drive the hell out of it and don't look back

PS: of the roadies in this thread, any interested in the possibility of doing the Bay Area Triple Crown all in one day (Hamilton, Diablo, Tam)? I figure you need a Porsche, a bike and a Seasucker. We start at the base of Hamilton early, ascend, descend; mount bike to car and drive to the next. Probably a long tiring day but it would be epic. I think it's around 90 miles / 11k feet in total. Maybe March? Checking on weather, daylight now. If not then, next summer for sure.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:29 PM
wru
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 149 Posts

Chris, that sounds like the crux of the mooty tour of california...
Old 11-13-2019, 07:47 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 977 Likes on 365 Posts

We nicknamed the tour InMooty 2020
Old 11-13-2019, 08:39 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by basil2000
had my first cyclocross race last weekend. Was 25deg at start of race, my lungs were burning. Questioned why i was doing it as i was doing it and then driving home realized i was already looking forward to doing it again. Lol.
not sure what is costing me more. My HPDE habit or my bike habit. In the last 2 years i have bought a downhill mntn bike, XC mntn bike, road bike and now a cyclocross bike. And of course all of the riding gear. Now I need to buy a fat tire bike to ride in the snow because i am missing out on that too. Oh i almost forgot to ask but do you think the value of a 16 gt3rs in UV will drop below 150k?
looking good out there.
luckily I don't have interest in gravel, MTB or CX. did a lot of MTB 25 years ago.
but yes, bike buying is getting harder to explain to wife now why I have 4 essentially same bike... but the colors are not the same.
UV is not going to drop below 150k. it's the color of trakcars' RS. his fame will prop the value up.

Originally Posted by ChrisF
Nice Crux! I have a buddy who races CX trying to talk me into it but all I see is broken bones in my future. I stick to riding road, gravel, trail. I see the bike habit as always good since it has a signifcant added health benefit (I'm down 50lbs+ since it started). The bikes still don't add up to the sales tax on the other hobby.
strangely I cannot lose weight...
clearly I need another new bike

.1 RS's are already below that now As is the mantra of this thread: buy something you like, drive the hell out of it and don't look back

yes, drive I did.... 14x miles today

saw 356SC

PS: of the roadies in this thread, any interested in the possibility of doing the Bay Area Triple Crown all in one day (Hamilton, Diablo, Tam)? I figure you need a Porsche, a bike and a Seasucker. We start at the base of Hamilton early, ascend, descend; mount bike to car and drive to the next. Probably a long tiring day but it would be epic. I think it's around 90 miles / 11k feet in total. Maybe March? Checking on weather, daylight now. If not then, next summer for sure.
I think it will save time if we have SAG to haul gears and all the bikes.
I need to eat and sleep during the xfer

Originally Posted by wru
Chris, that sounds like the crux of the mooty tour of california...
sounds good.
tentatively its march 2020
then we have few more shorter climbs near the peninsula.

We nicknamed the tour InMooty 2020
the name has been copyrighted and approved.

Quick Reply: just got back, let's discuss value of porsches