Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 LWB Option

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 02:47 PM
Jzips
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis
I'm in the same boat. Also confirmed the $8500 for the Porsche Exclusive custom tailoring option on the seats. I will probably go that direction, because then you can have them do anything you want to the seats all included in that price (houndstooth or any color leather or alcantara inserts instead of standard black alcantara, any color leather bolsters on sides and back rests and headrest instead of black, any color stitching or piping, anything or nothing on the headrests like GT3 script and/or Porsche crest). It's not as if you have to pay $8500 and all you get is the stripe deleted.
This $8,500 only covers tailoring on the seats? It doesn't cover tailoring on the dash or doors?
Old 07-15-2017, 03:01 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Jzips
This $8,500 only covers tailoring on the seats? It doesn't cover tailoring on the dash or doors?
correct. Just the seats not anything else on interior.

Also note that the $8500 is in addition to the cost for opting for either the 18-way seats or the LWB seats, one of which is required. That is, you can't custom tailor the 4-way sport seats, only the 18-way adaptive sport seats or the LWB seats.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:06 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

That's the thing.. those become $14,000 seats all said and done. I know anything goes within the nutty confines of Rennlist land.. but sometimes insane just becomes insane. These aren't $1M cars, they're $143k cars, so custom tailored LWB become 10% of the cost! Coo-koo!!
Old 07-15-2017, 05:19 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

I was told $8800 but no matter.

What I am hoping for is deviated stitching option like on the GT2RS ($3500) and then I would spec black. I don't think I would cough up $8800 for the LWBs (all in $14000 with the $5200 option), but I would have custom inserts made in black natural leather and save the striped alcantara for the next owner (like when I am dead).

I would also skip the full leather package as it makes the bottom dash and more of the doors alcantara. And I would spec wheel and **** in leather. And I would swap the center cubby lid for leather (someone who bought a raised or crest one probably has a take off cheap).

Then all the original stuff goes in plastic bags and plastic tubs in the attic with a label "all of the parts falling off the GT3 are of the finest German manufacture."
Old 07-15-2017, 07:25 PM
SteveFrench
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I heard on the 992 they are gonna have an option to just get the word "EXCLUSIVE" stitched in size 82 font on the dash. Pricing is $4599* for standard times new roman, CXXXxxx custom COMIC SANS is $6899*.

*Prices subject to additional dealer ADM
Old 07-16-2017, 09:48 PM
Hit Apex
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveFrench
I heard on the 992 they are gonna have an option to just get the word "EXCLUSIVE" stitched in size 82 font on the dash. Pricing is $4599* for standard times new roman, CXXXxxx custom COMIC SANS is $6899*.

*Prices subject to additional dealer ADM
Haha!
Old 07-17-2017, 12:02 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 275 Likes on 116 Posts

tThe Porsche Exclusive design consultant told me today by email that "This option is expected for calendar week 45", that is, allocations for that production week and after. The confirmation of availability is expected by "mid-June" (June 13 was the date she repeated to me specifically in an earlier meeting), which has to do with Porsche Germany completing its internal "testing" of the various other options requests it has received, including that.

As for the comment AP made in the interview at launch about the stripe delete (and other matters, like the "touring" option, etc.), the Porsche Exclusive rep I met with a few weeks ago and who is my source for all this info said a lot of folks within Porsche believe AP made some erroneous statements in that interview.
Any news on additional deviated stitching options as well as stripe delete option?
Old 07-18-2017, 05:48 PM
juanpablo046
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Too bad, the only thing I don't like is the famous stripe on the seats
Old 07-19-2017, 12:36 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mass27
Any news on additional deviated stitching options as well as stripe delete option?
as of today, PCNA still says they don't know about stripe delete happening in combination with choosing deviated stitching in other colors. What is known is that deviated stitching package (in other colors) will be offered. I am proceeding on assumption choosing it will delete the stripe on the LWBs.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:00 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

I could also also see them just putting the silver stripe on custom stitched seats...

as of today, PCNA still says they don't know about stripe delete happening in combination with choosing deviated stitching in other colors. What is known is that deviated stitching package (in other colors) will be offered. I am proceeding on assumption choosing it will delete the stripe on the LWBs.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:10 PM
993RR
Burning Brakes

Received 234 Likes on 148 Posts

Or just buy the middle sections of the seats as a replacement part, keep the originals for a future sale
Old 08-21-2017, 02:31 PM
TuonoR
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Any confirmation on whether this option deletes the seat stripe on LWBs now that the Deviated stitching interior trim package is official on the configurator?
Old 08-21-2017, 06:27 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TuonoR
Any confirmation on whether this option deletes the seat stripe on LWBs now that the Deviated stitching interior trim package is official on the configurator?
yes, earlier this month just before the deviated stitching option became available in the online configurator, PCNA confirmed to me that selecting the option will cause the stripe on the LWB seats to be Platinum Silver, that is, the same as it would be if you choose the leather interior with standard platinum silver stitching. So, NO, selected deviated stitching option in other colors does NOT delete the stripe on the LWB seats, unfortunately. To do so from factory, you would have to opt for the CXX custom tailored seats option ($8700), which let's you spec all the seat surfaces and stitching or piping on the seats however you like.
Old 08-22-2017, 04:35 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

So who wants to sell me black leather (or black and sliver houndstooth or black alcantara) inserts? Autobahn in San Diego was mentioned. Have they made them before? I rather not do the R&D, but I have someone I could go to and can get houndstooth from carnwall [sic?]. Going to skip leather and the $8800 CXX seats because I dislike alcantara, but I would like to delete the stripe and preserve the original centers for my heirs.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:06 AM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
So who wants to sell me black leather (or black and sliver houndstooth or black alcantara) inserts? Autobahn in San Diego was mentioned. Have they made them before? I rather not do the R&D, but I have someone I could go to and can get houndstooth from carnwall [sic?]. Going to skip leather and the $8800 CXX seats because I dislike alcantara, but I would like to delete the stripe and preserve the original centers for my heirs.
Buy 2 sq. yds. of the houndstooth and take it with one set of your inserts to any competent upholstery shop and have them duplicated in the new material. More than a few folks here have done it. Check posts #22 and #28 in this very thread.

TT

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 LWB Option