Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 LWB Option

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 07:55 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 928cs
It is already possible. I have seen a few examples.
Any details you can share? Is there a set sample range or just ask for anything?
Old 05-11-2017, 08:34 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by rshanholtz
Ok stupid question (sorry can't help myself)...week 45 is Monday November 6th - Friday November 10th so if my build date is BEFORE this date, say Sept 15-22, then I will not be eligible for the options the OP has mentioned will be eligible options in July on the configurator. Correct? IF SO SHOOOOOT.
correct
Old 05-12-2017, 04:18 AM
928cs
Race Car

Received 545 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by shizzle
Any details you can share? Is there a set sample range or just ask for anything?
Sorry, I can not share pictures. That is a part of the agreement with the owners.

I think that you could ask for anything.
The only rule that is 100% sure is that you can not have what you don't ask
Old 05-12-2017, 08:35 AM
mclarenmaniac
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis
I'm in the same boat. Also confirmed the $8500 for the Porsche Exclusive custom tailoring option on the seats. I will probably go that direction, because then you can have them do anything you want to the seats all included in that price (houndstooth or any color leather or alcantara inserts instead of standard black alcantara, any color leather bolsters on sides and back rests and headrest instead of black, any color stitching or piping, anything or nothing on the headrests like GT3 script and/or Porsche crest). It's not as if you have to pay $8500 and all you get is the stripe deleted. Having said that, of all you want is the stripe deleted, I was told by a Porsche Exclusive design consultant at PEC Atlanta 3 weeks ago that the stripe delete will likely be included with the soon-to-be optional deviated stitching package that will make deviated stitching throughout the interior available in colors other than the standard platinum silver or the currently optional Guards Red, which are the two colors the offending stripe are keyed to. That is, opt for the deviated stitching package in, say, yellow, and boom, the seat stripe disappears and the standard LWB seat inserts go back to plain black alcantara as they were standard on the 991.1 GT3 and RS. The cost: about $5600 (final price to be determined by mid-June, but that was the price for it on the 991.1 GT3 RS, according to the same Porsche rep I spoke with again today by phone). Cheaper than $8500, and you get all the stitching on the interior that would normally be platinum silver in the deviated color you choose. What's unlikely, unfortunately, is Porsche offering a free or cheap stripe delete option for the LWBs.
Perfect timing .. I just asked my dealer regarding the cost to have a deviated stitching on the 18 way seats in lava orange and seat belts in lava orange since I am leaning towards having a lava orange exterior.
He said he is waiting for a response from PEC Atlanta. Looks like I have to finalize my build by June end ...
Old 05-12-2017, 08:41 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by 928cs
Sorry, I can not share pictures. That is a part of the agreement with the owners.

I think that you could ask for anything.
The only rule that is 100% sure is that you can not have what you don't ask
Interesting. At CXX appt I was told that even paying $8500 for custom seats that the only two pepitas were the grey and brown tone ones already pictured in this thread.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:52 AM
928cs
Race Car

Received 545 Likes on 345 Posts

I can only tell you that I have seen seats made of some kind of Tartan.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:39 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Interesting. At CXX appt I was told that even paying $8500 for custom seats that the only two pepitas were the grey and brown tone ones already pictured in this thread.
True. Note though that with the $8500 custom tailoring option for the seats, you can also pick any available leather, alcantara or microfiber color for those inserts, and you can choose any available leather color for the side bolsters around the center inserts too, not to mention any color stitching or piping. So there are many many custom combinations.

Important to note: the $8500 custom tailored seat option doesn't inlclude custom tailoring the rest of the stitching or leather or alcantara in the car, just the seats. So if you get creative with the seats, you may force yourself into a much more expensive custom tailoring process to get the rest of the interior to match, since to do so you'd have to custom tailor the door cards, upper dash, lower dash, steering wheel, etc, which can quickly add up to over $25K.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:54 AM
robgts
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$8500 is ridiculous! Just pull out the stock pads and take them to an upholsterer like AutoBahn in San Diego. For $300 they will make them out of any Porsche material you wish. I had mine made with old/new stock 356 plaid. you can always just put the originals back in when you sell.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:26 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis
True. Note though that with the $8500 custom tailoring option for the seats, you can also pick any available leather, alcantara or microfiber color for those inserts, and you can choose any available leather color for the side bolsters around the center inserts too, not to mention any color stitching or piping. So there are many many custom combinations.

Important to note: the $8500 custom tailored seat option doesn't inlclude custom tailoring the rest of the stitching or leather or alcantara in the car, just the seats. So if you get creative with the seats, you may force yourself into a much more expensive custom tailoring process to get the rest of the interior to match, since to do so you'd have to custom tailor the door cards, upper dash, lower dash, steering wheel, etc, which can quickly add up to over $25K.
Yep.. the key is keeping similar colors as rest of the car, or tying the colors in maybe with colored vent slats or something easy to choose color on.

Here is an example.. wish I had the render to show but words will have to suffice:
-black interior with red stitching
-red stitched vents with brown leather vent slats
-brown leather LWB seats with red piping
-pepita inserts
-brown leather trim around dash (the part which is normally aluminum or carbon)

This way you take the brown from the CXX seats and repeat it on vent slats and trim for "minimal" (i put that in quotes as it's all relative) and the red piping on seats matches with red deviating stitching. Seats look well-integrated into interior without going full Monty CXX interior. I was at this appointment for a friend and this was an option discussed.. so, you either go PTS with stock interior, or for similar upcharge you go custom interior.. very few are taking the time to customize their interior.. you'll have a really original car
Old 05-12-2017, 12:45 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 184 Likes on 88 Posts

I posted two weeks ago that starting with November allocations, deviated stitching will be available. If your allocation is sooner you're out of luck.

IMO, the stripe on the seat greatly enhances the interior. Porsche interiors are notoriously bland and often look cheap. Have more interior color accents distinguishes the car from the run of the mill 911's.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:54 PM
mclarenmaniac
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nick
I posted two weeks ago that starting with November allocations, deviated stitching will be available. If your allocation is sooner you're out of luck. IMO, the stripe on the seat greatly enhances the interior. Porsche interiors are notoriously bland and often look cheap. Have more interior color accents distinguishes the car from the run of the mill 911's.
Currently full leather sofas with red stitching is close to 5000 bucks. With other colors hopefully including lava orange is it going to be in the ballpark of 6000 bucks ?
I mean full leather sofas with deviated stitching under 6000 bucks ?
Old 05-12-2017, 03:24 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Yep.. the key is keeping similar colors as rest of the car, or tying the colors in maybe with colored vent slats or something easy to choose color on.

Here is an example.. wish I had the render to show but words will have to suffice:
-black interior with red stitching
-red stitched vents with brown leather vent slats
-brown leather LWB seats with red piping
-pepita inserts
-brown leather trim around dash (the part which is normally aluminum or carbon)

This way you take the brown from the CXX seats and repeat it on vent slats and trim for "minimal" (i put that in quotes as it's all relative) and the red piping on seats matches with red deviating stitching. Seats look well-integrated into interior without going full Monty CXX interior. I was at this appointment for a friend and this was an option discussed.. so, you either go PTS with stock interior, or for similar upcharge you go custom interior.. very few are taking the time to customize their interior.. you'll have a really original car
I'm waiting on pricing on custom interior, might just do the seats in the end they told me they won't have custom tailoring prices until mid-June...
Old 05-12-2017, 03:51 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,153 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by mclarenmaniac
Currently full leather sofas with red stitching is close to 5000 bucks. With other colors hopefully including lava orange is it going to be in the ballpark of 6000 bucks ?
I mean full leather sofas with deviated stitching under 6000 bucks ?
on my RS build, you had to spec the upgraded leather/stitching option in standard color, THEN it was an additional $5500 to get Red or Acid Green. So in reality it cost in ballpark of $10k total to change stitching color. Not cheap.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:05 PM
mclarenmaniac
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by disden
on my RS build, you had to spec the upgraded leather/stitching option in standard color, THEN it was an additional $5500 to get Red or Acid Green. So in reality it cost in ballpark of $10k total to change stitching color. Not cheap.
Wow .. I wonder if it's worth spending 10k just for seats and stitching of a gt3
This is going to be My first Porsche and hopefully will get it by end of September as dealer is asking me to lock the build in less than 30 days... No wonder an arm and a leg for options as I heard...
Coming from an M3 and already feeling the pain .. Lol
Old 05-14-2017, 09:22 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm really thinking that a lot of these exclusive options will get boring after a while. We change our minds and likes all the time. I'll just stick to basic ordering from the regular option list.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 LWB Option