Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So, what's the craziest over sticker number YOU were quoted for a .2GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 07:14 PM
nlpamg
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chaosoul
It really depends haha, totally subjective on the management level of the dealer. Obviously depends on which dealer too, it will be extremely hard to land top 10 at Beverly Hills Porsche with all the celebs and billionaires and lawyers who knows someone who knows someone.

Obviously its also not actually top 5 because most likely only 1 or 2 of their actual top 5 clients will want a car like GT4 and GT3 with a wing which they call "distasteful" LOL

So its more like top 10 or top 20. One might qualify by buying 1-2 new Porsche a year. One might qualify like you who never bought a non-GT car but referred 20 to 30 people to buy non-GT cars from them. One might qualify by marrying one of the owner's daughters
lol, damn, lowly lawyers being uttered in the same sentence as celebs and billionaires? I'm a lawyer. However, I managed to get on the top 1x (all initial order) of an LA area dealer. So maybe your statement does ring true, lol.

But, Beverly Hills is a joke. They just order and spec their cars and then send out an email to their list asking for over.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:18 PM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nlpamg
lol, damn, lowly lawyers being uttered in the same sentence as celebs and billionaires? I'm a lawyer. However, I managed to get on the top 1x (all initial order) of an LA area dealer. So maybe your statement does ring true, lol.

But, Beverly Hills is a joke. They just order and spec their cars and then send out an email to their list asking for over.

Haha see

I am sure there are some celebs or billionaires that can put pressure points on the owners of Beverly Hills Porsche.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:36 PM
carz80am
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

My salesman told me today, you know most dealers are asking for $50k over...I told them I want my car at msrp or don't want it. I'm not playing the game. Lot of nice cars you can buy out there
Old 04-13-2017, 08:42 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

You all know these "mark ups" are all conjured up and spread like wildfire. Some dealers come up with a number out off their rear and it spreads among all the dealers.

Was at a dealer yesterday and talking to a sales mgr. He does not follow forums. Yet, the $25K mark up came up. "That's what most dealers are doing". "The owner says, if we can get the extra $$, we should".

Was a newer guy where I service. Other questions included where I bought my last two Porsche's. Answer was: Out of state.

Why give any dealer loyalty?? I shop for the lowest prices. In the long run, I save money rather than overpay and hope to "buy into" a relationship only to get the shaft in the end.

Screw them. Give me the best price, or I'll search nationwide.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:18 PM
islandsnow
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

There will be plenty of GT3's to pass around at MSRP if your patient but if you want to be the first get ready to pay up
Old 04-13-2017, 10:33 PM
vodavoda
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

IMO
PAG, Dealers, Salesmen, etc. DO NOT GIVE A **** ABOUT YOU, ME, OR THE GUY NEXT DOOR.

It is that simple. THEY ARE IN THE BUSINESS OF SELLING CARS, NOT MAKING FRIENDS. They can, and should, sell them for whatever the market will support. Supply and demand. None of us are entitled to a damn thing.

IMO, there is way to much bitching going on about prices, etc. I'm buying a .2, but my choice is to wait it out until the "flavor of the month" has run its course. That's my choice. I'm not complaining. It's just the way it is.

All these price threads should be shifted to a subcategory as its cluttering up the forum. Again, just my opinion.
Attached Images  
Old 04-13-2017, 10:37 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vodavoda
IMO
PAG, Dealers, Salesmen, etc. DO NOT GIVE A **** ABOUT YOU, ME, OR THE GUY NEXT DOOR.

It is that simple. THEY ARE IN THE BUSINESS OF SELLING CARS, NOT MAKING FRIENDS. They can, and should, sell them for whatever the market will support. Supply and demand. None of us are entitled to a damn thing.

IMO, there is way to much bitching going on about prices, etc. I'm buying a .2, but my choice is to wait it out until the "flavor of the month" has run its course. That's my choice. I'm not complaining. It's just the way it is.

All these price threads should be shifted to a subcategory as its cluttering up the forum. Again, just my opinion.
+1
Old 04-13-2017, 10:48 PM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

MSRP
I believe it's a Canada thingy here.
Old 04-14-2017, 02:31 AM
rsms
Advanced

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I think that's the lowest mark-up I've heard about and I would have never guessed it came from a NorCal dealer...thought maybe it'd be from an east coast or southeast dealer.
Initially I thought "oh man, here I've been in line for years and they are asking _over_ msrp. Then I got a few more offers from other dealers (unsolicited and solicited), and realized 20k over was actually a decent deal.

BTW, a reputable east coast dealer says they can get me a car/allocation, so if anyone is still looking and serious about placing an order, PM me. No promises, but happy to email you with the dealer in question.

First of all congrats on putting in a car order.
Thanks man! I've owned a lot of cars over the years, but this is the first time doing a custom order

Let us know how you built the car. We're interested

www.porsche-code.com/PJFT8DW5

TL;DR: GT silver, PCCB, buckets — the usual suspects. Also two CXX items (still to be approved by Porsche): espresso leather interior and deletion of bucket seat insert stripes (those weird "gt3" graphics they added to the seat inserts) Maybe I'll get a no on those. We'll see
Old 04-14-2017, 02:39 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by rsms
Initially I thought "oh man, here I've been in line for years and they are asking _over_ msrp. Then I got a few more offers from other dealers (unsolicited and solicited), and realized 20k over was actually a decent deal.

BTW, a reputable east coast dealer says they can get me a car/allocation, so if anyone is still looking and serious about placing an order, PM me. No promises, but happy to email you with the dealer in question.

Thanks man! I've owned a lot of cars over the years, but this is the first time doing a custom order

www.porsche-code.com/PJFT8DW5

TL;DR: GT silver, PCCB, buckets — the usual suspects. Also two CXX items (still to be approved by Porsche): espresso leather interior and deletion of bucket seat insert stripes (those weird "gt3" graphics they added to the seat inserts) Maybe I'll get a no on those. We'll see

Nice build! Gonna change to MT later? or sticking to PDK?

Custom color interior is soooooo expensive.

You'll most like get an ok on getting rid of the seat stripes, but I'm just not sure you'll like the price. If they have a low price option, great, if not expect to pay the full custom LWB CXX option, but that means you'll be able to custom it fully, like 911R houndstooth seat inserts, seat piping, etc.
Old 04-14-2017, 02:43 AM
rsms
Advanced

Nice build! Gonna change to MT later? or sticking to PDK?
Order is for MT, but the configurator does't have it yet. MT FOR LIFE!

Custom color interior is soooooo expensive.
We'll see what they say. If it's too many greens I'll just stick with black. No big deal. Thought it would be fun to get something personalized. Never done this before so _no idea_ how expensive it will be.

You'll most like get an ok on getting rid of the seat stripes, but I'm just not sure you'll like the price. If they have a low price option, great, if not expect to pay the full custom LWB CXX option, but that means you'll be able to custom it fully, like 911R houndstooth seat inserts, seat piping, etc.
Ooohhh... Me wants the houndstooth inserts *drools* ...but only if I can keep my remaining organs.
Old 04-14-2017, 02:46 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by carz80am
My salesman told me today, you know most dealers are asking for $50k over...I told them I want my car at msrp or don't want it. I'm not playing the game. Lot of nice cars you can buy out there
Yup I'm not not going back to him either (though he hasn't called..)
Old 04-14-2017, 02:51 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Order is for MT, but the configurator does't have it yet. MT FOR LIFE!

We'll see what they say. If it's too many greens I'll just stick with black. No big deal. Thought it would be fun to get something personalized. Never done this before so _no idea_ how expensive it will be.

Ooohhh... Me wants the houndstooth inserts *drools* ...but only if I can keep my remaining organs.

Yea manual won't be available for awhile, I hope they gave you the right build month for MT, because they are not building manuals in July, August, and first half of Sept.

Custom interior leather you're looking at 8-11k

Fully custom LWBs you're looking at 7-8k

Be prepare to pay 200k (including ur ADM) before tax and fees.....
Old 04-14-2017, 03:01 AM
rsms
Advanced

Yea manual won't be available for awhile, I hope they gave you the right build month for MT, because they are not building manuals in July, August, and first half of Sept.
Yup. I'm Swedish myself, so aware of the July-Aug industrial shutdown in Europe Dealer says MT production starts in Sept and best-case scenario I'm taking delivery in December; worst-case in Feb 2018. That's okay I think.

Custom interior leather you're looking at 8-11k
Oh, really? What brings you to that rough number (just curious) ? 8k would be too much for espresso I think. <=5k would be acceptable (on top of the extra cost for the black leather package) IMHO.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:10 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Yup. I'm Swedish myself, so aware of the July-Aug industrial shutdown in Europe Dealer says MT production starts in Sept and best-case scenario I'm taking delivery in December; worst-case in Feb 2018. That's okay I think.

Oh, really? What brings you to that rough number (just curious) ? 8k would be too much for espresso I think. <=5k would be acceptable (on top of the extra cost for the black leather package) IMHO.

I've done over 60 CXX options before.

The prices varies all the time, on models, year, specific requests.

For example, custom red interior on RS was over 10k. (This varies a lot request to request)

The LWB seat is more standard and a lot has been done, they're 7-8k, its been changing from GT4, to RS, to 911R. A lot of time you will also be surprised at your final build when your car eventually comes, because it may be different from what they quote you. Just giving you a heads up.

There are still quite some GT3 build in July though, not much in August. If your dealer have already submitted a build in there system, you should ask for a V200 status that means the allocation is confirmed, then it would mean you are actually allocated in a particular month, make sure your build doesn't fall on early September or else you may not be able to option MT even when it becomes available.

Quick Reply: So, what's the craziest over sticker number YOU were quoted for a .2GT3?