Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So, what's the craziest over sticker number YOU were quoted for a .2GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2017 | 10:14 PM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by Archimedes
So Monterey and Livermore sell most of their GT cars at MSRP? Some of the biggest ADMs I recall seeing were cars from Livermore. IIRC, a couple years ago they had a PTS GT3 for about $50k over down at Werks Reunion.

I can't speak for Monterey, but I've heard bad things from Livermore.

Personally I can speak for a handful of SoCal dealers and up north like Niello, Walnut Creek, and few others. There are going to be dealers like Sonnen and Fresno, but there will also be dealers like Livermore and Carlsen. A lot of others will be somewhere in between. And yes, its getting worse every year and management does change.

All I'm saying is that if you cold call a dealer and they quote you ADM, it does not necessarily mean most or all their allocation is sold at ADM. Some dealers may do 10%, 20%, 50%, 75% at ADM. After all, if you did not put yourself on the list 2 years ago, or know them from the past, they will most likely quote you that worse 10-50% pricing.
Old 04-13-2017 | 12:57 AM
FJSeattle
Pro

There is a Porsche dealer in Bakersfield? I just drove through there, didnt appear to be enclave of Porsche enthusiasts.

Old 04-13-2017 | 01:04 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by FJSeattle
There is a Porsche dealer in Bakersfield? I just drove through there, didnt appear to be enclave of Porsche enthusiasts.

Yes there is haha. Porsche of Bakersfield.

Not too far from Buttonwillow racetrack
Old 04-13-2017 | 03:25 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

martin buying 1-2 150k car will not get you to top 50 in some of the bay area dealers.
as much as i despise carlsen, i know a few who get msrp GT3RS from them. but he buys buys things we dream of and multiple copies at a time. 10x 918 would be just a mere rouding error to him aghast.

but from MY personal experience.

carlsen: ADM
sonnon: msrp
fremont: msrp
livermore: ADM
bakersfield:ADM
stead: ADM
montery: ADM and so fk'd up they are talking from their a** and their product knowledge is worst than max who thinks my odyssey is a porsche.
Old 04-13-2017 | 03:30 AM
rsms
Advanced

Got offered allocations from thee dealers and one who said "we might be able to get you one."

Dealer 1: $20k over (CA, SF bay)
Dealer 2: $50k over (CA, SF bay)
Dealer 3: $30k over (CA, LA)
Dealer 4: 10% over (NYC)

Either I haven't bought enough Porsches in the past ("only" 5) or this is simply the landscape. Part of the idea behind the dealer franchise laws in the US[1] is to allow "free economy", meaning that charging over MSRP is totally legitimate and probably even a good idea (if you are a dealer) — you know, demand vs supply, as well all learned about in primary school.

I'm still pissed that I might end up paying a lot more for the same thing compared to someone in Europe, but what can we do?!

[1] https://www.justice.gov/atr/economic...les-car-buyers
Old 04-13-2017 | 03:35 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

20 over in bay area is not bad, yes sounds stupid, i know
Old 04-13-2017 | 03:38 AM
rsms
Advanced

Originally Posted by mooty
Which is what I ended up taking (submitted my build order the other day.)

I'll just make sure to die young so I don't have to worry about a pension, because that account is basically tumbleweed by now.
Old 04-13-2017 | 03:48 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

martin buying 1-2 150k car will not get you to top 50 in some of the bay area dealers.
as much as i despise carlsen, i know a few who get msrp GT3RS from them. but he buys buys things we dream of and multiple copies at a time. 10x 918 would be just a mere rouding error to him aghast.

but from MY personal experience.

carlsen: ADM
sonnon: msrp
fremont: msrp
livermore: ADM
bakersfield:ADM
stead: ADM
montery: ADM and so fk'd up they are talking from their a** and their product knowledge is worst than max who thinks my odyssey is a porsche.
I know, I'm just a poor working stiff... I even have to hustle just to get a GT car for MSRP.
Old 04-13-2017 | 03:52 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rsms
Got offered allocations from thee dealers and one who said "we might be able to get you one."

Either I haven't bought enough Porsches in the past ("only" 5) or this is simply the landscape. Part of the idea behind the dealer franchise laws in the US[1] is to allow "free economy", meaning that charging over MSRP is totally legitimate and probably even a good idea (if you are a dealer) — you know, demand vs supply, as well all learned about in primary school.

I'm still pissed that I might end up paying a lot more for the same thing compared to someone in Europe, but what can we do?!

I think that's the lowest mark-up I've heard about and I would have never guessed it came from a NorCal dealer...thought maybe it'd be from an east coast or southeast dealer.
Old 04-13-2017 | 05:04 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by rsms

First of all congrats on putting in a car order.

Don't worry, you most likely wont pay a lot more than people in Europe. With the exception of UK, most countries like Germany, France, their MSRP is 162k-165k to start before options (and it comes with less options standard like rear view camera, though you can get CS pkg). Depends to which country, but with 20k mark up, you may still pay a few hundred to a few thousand more than them, but wont be "a lot more" I think.

Let us know how you built the car. We're interested
Old 04-13-2017 | 05:47 AM
RBH
Instructor

Originally Posted by chaosoul
First of all congrats on putting in a car order.

Don't worry, you most likely wont pay a lot more than people in Europe. With the exception of UK, most countries like Germany, France, their MSRP is 162k-165k to start before options (and it comes with less options standard like rear view camera, though you can get CS pkg). Depends to which country, but with 20k mark up, you may still pay a few hundred to a few thousand more than them, but wont be "a lot more" I think.

Let us know how you built the car. We're interested
I think 162-165k is pretty cheap if you compare it to the prices in Holland: starting from $243k
Old 04-13-2017 | 09:14 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chaosoul
And lets not forget that the MSRP in Germany for example includes the 19% VAT which isn't paid in the US - if you want to get closer to apples to apples comparison..
Old 04-13-2017 | 09:29 AM
Seranad
Instructor

Originally Posted by RBH
I think 162-165k is pretty cheap if you compare it to the prices in Holland: starting from $243k
wow, i actually assumed EURO zone prices are all equal!
Germany is 152K Euro for the GT3
that is a huge markup
tax?
Old 04-13-2017 | 02:20 PM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=Jimmy-D;14106759]Martin- It is not always how big your wallet is. Sure- yuu have to be a repeat Customer but the Dealership and the GM personally liking you is what makes the big difference. The same goes in business. People like to do business with those they like. Now- we all at most times have to do business with those we do not but when crunch time comes you do business with people you like and they get the most attention. And also- Dealerships/Porsche like Brand Ambassadors - meaning- It helps to do business with some one influential in the Community ect. It bodes well for the Dealer

Old 04-13-2017 | 04:32 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Quick Reply: So, what's the craziest over sticker number YOU were quoted for a .2GT3?