Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So, what's the craziest over sticker number YOU were quoted for a .2GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 03:21 AM
rsms
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chaosoul
I've done over 60 CXX options before.

The prices varies all the time, on models, year, specific requests.

For example, custom red interior on RS was over 10k. (This varies a lot request to request)

The LWB seat is more standard and a lot has been done, they're 7-8k, its been changing from GT4, to RS, to 911R. A lot of time you will also be surprised at your final build when your car eventually comes, because it may be different from what they quote you. Just giving you a heads up.
Thanks for the info!
Love the LWBs in my GT4 and 991.1 GT3. Since Porsche been making those seat inserts since the 918 without stripes, I have some sort of idea that there's a large bin of LWB inserts w/o stripes that they could pick from.

There are still quite some GT3 build in July though, not much in August. If your dealer have already submitted a build in there system, you should ask for a V200 status that means the allocation is confirmed, then it would mean you are actually allocated in a particular month, make sure your build doesn't fall on early September or else you may not be able to option MT even when it becomes available.
Since I've got CXX, we're still waiting to hear back from Porsche regarding the requests, so no V200 until CXX has been sorted I think. Dealer says Porsche are starting PDK production earlier than MT. Others have reported similar info from dealers.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:35 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by rsms

Thanks for the info!
Love the LWBs in my GT4 and 991.1 GT3. Since Porsche been making those seat inserts since the 918 without stripes, I have some sort of idea that there's a large bin of LWB inserts w/o stripes that they could pick from.

Since I've got CXX, we're still waiting to hear back from Porsche regarding the requests, so no V200 until CXX has been sorted I think. Dealer says Porsche are starting PDK production earlier than MT. Others have reported similar info from dealers.

NP!

You can try asking some fellow RL members to switch inserts with you haha, I am sure a lot GT3 owners want a fresh look, and those stripe saying GT3 just might do it. You can also buy the inserts parts. Just be aware if you switch them out, your seat will not have GT3 written anywhere, including the headrest. (that's one thing I loved about the GT4 in yellow stitch)

Either way if you're going through CXX pending at V210 status, they will have a production month already set for you (just not date, but month yes). Try to find out from them, imo if you're paying over, you should get all the VIP client treatment. You deserve at least that. I get it for people buying MSRP doesn't want to bother the dealer and want to be on their "good side".

My source for manual production date doesn't come from dealer rumors and its confirmed. I just can't share it here, all I can say it steer away from early September or before for production if you're dead set on manual. Safest to take a October or November build month. It will still be easy for you to switch now because the dealer probably has not filled all their allocation yet if they are asking ADM. Once they start filling up completely and also when your CXX options is confirmed and they begin to source parts and materials for it, it will be much harder to change and very hard to push back. Anyway, before you start thinking too much just ask the dealer first which allocation month they submitted your CXX request under.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:43 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,086 Likes on 622 Posts

The dealer adjustments are going to look totally reasonable once the first couple of flipper cars hit the market. It's just the world we choose to participate in when buying GT cars.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:36 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 377 Likes on 226 Posts

Yup. I'm Swedish myself, so aware of the July-Aug industrial shutdown in Europe Dealer says MT production starts in Sept and best-case scenario I'm taking delivery in December; worst-case in Feb 2018. That's okay I think.Oh, really? What brings you to that rough number (just curious) ? 8k would be too much for espresso I think. <=5k would be acceptable (on top of the extra cost for the black leather package) IMHO.
Order is for MT, but the configurator does't have it yet. MT FOR LIFE! .
Hey,according to this forum all Europeans buy automatics because their 80 year old grandmas have been driving manuals since birth.

Excellent choice! Enjoy!
Old 04-14-2017, 03:51 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by tstafford
The dealer adjustments are going to look totally reasonable once the first couple of flipper cars hit the market. It's just the world we choose to participate in when buying GT cars.
Nope. Anyone who pays an ADM and then tries to flip it, is going to be sad. I'm sure dealers will be able to find a few dopes to pay $30-50k over, but the broader market isn't going to pay that. The only flip opportunity will be if the car is bought at/around MSRP. And they'll probably be lucky to make much after the tax hit.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:57 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^ I've yet to understand the flipping logic on these cars.

You get hammered with sales tax when you buy and then hit up with short term cap gains if you still make anything when you sell.

I can maybe understand how it works if you have a dealer license or don't take title of the car, but other than that?

Seems like a hell of a complicated way to make a few measly grand.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:08 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by IrishAndy

You get hammered with sales tax when you buy and then hit up with short term cap gains if you still make anything when you sell.

I can maybe understand how it works if you have a dealer license or don't take title of the car, but other than that?

has always been my thoughts as well!!!
Old 04-14-2017, 05:16 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

#1. When purchasing new Ferraris, I had to sign a 1 year right of first refusal.

However, even with the much higher entrance fee, after excise tax, assorted other delivery, prep fees, gas guzzler tax and income tax it seems a poor way to generate profit.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:25 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

OK, this makes my feel like I'm not completely crazy!

Add to this the likelihood of getting drop-kicked off of your dealer list for future cars and this sounds like all of the components of an article entitled 'Worst Five Grand I Ever Made'
Old 04-14-2017, 05:27 PM
Buddhamonk
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

I will sell my MRSP spot on the list for $100K. pm me if interested
Old 04-14-2017, 05:32 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddhamonk
I wouldn't hold your breath.

Right now the .2 GT3 is hot. Once they announce the new RS the herd will stampede that direction.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:36 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
I wouldn't hold your breath.

Right now the .2 GT3 is hot. Once they announce the new RS the herd will stampede that direction.
Think Buddha is being facetious. He forget the red ink.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:38 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Buddhamonk
I'm interested! If I sell my MSRP spot for $60K to take yours I'll only have lost $40K. Could be the smallest loss I've ever made on a new car...
Old 04-15-2017, 04:25 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Nope. Anyone who pays an ADM and then tries to flip it, is going to be sad. I'm sure dealers will be able to find a few dopes to pay $30-50k over, but the broader market isn't going to pay that. The only flip opportunity will be if the car is bought at/around MSRP. And they'll probably be lucky to make much after the tax hit.

Originally Posted by nxfedlt1
has always been my thoughts as well!!!
Originally Posted by surfer
#1. When purchasing new Ferraris, I had to sign a 1 year right of first refusal.

However, even with the much higher entrance fee, after excise tax, assorted other delivery, prep fees, gas guzzler tax and income tax it seems a poor way to generate profit.

Not to encourage anyone to become flippers, just FYI to understand, but flippers "done-right" don't pay sales tax.

There are too many ways to avoid sales tax especially if you're flipping it short term:

1. If you go through a lease and flip it after a month, you pay a total of $1500 between acquisition fee, monthly sales tax, and interest. As oppose to 16k worth of taxes.

2. If you have a registered LLC/holding at Montana, you pay $0 sales tax, but you pay accounting fee, and transport fee of no more than 2-3k

3. Above are most common, but there are others like registering in Oregon, dealer plates sold MSO, etc

Many people do this anyways even if they're not flipping it to save those extra money.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:55 AM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Many people do this anyways even if they're not flipping it to save those extra money.
You certainly know your stuff! A thorough explanation. Thanks!

That's what I suspected... there has to be a sales tax avoidance angle.

Somebody kindly gave me a crash course in the whole Montana LLC thing a few weeks ago... Didn't feel like it was for me. But fascinating nonetheless. Most people who collect high-dollar cars seem to have a dealer or LLC angle. Many seen to move volume either deliberately or by accident so it makes sense to me in a way.

Quick Reply: So, what's the craziest over sticker number YOU were quoted for a .2GT3?