Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 05:48 AM
Superfans
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

As the 991.2 GT3 RS is coming, anyone who ordered the 991.2 GT3 is considering to switch their orders to the new RS?
Old 03-30-2017, 08:09 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 255 Likes on 152 Posts

I will buy .2 GT3 and if RS is available in MT, I will trade for it.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:27 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 377 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by Patrick3000
My local dealer has been great. Inquired about a GT4 in March of 15, late to the party as usual. I was told the list was long and only two cars would be available. Didn't care and asked that they take my money, please. May of 15 rolls around more allocations arrive and a few folks drop off the list. I place the order and wait, wait, wait LWB's etc. finally get a build in September of 15, car arrives in November of 15 at MSRP, it is fantastic! Purchase a CPO Boxster for a DD in January of 17 and a used VW for the teenager in March 17 all from the same dealer. I also have the GT4 serviced at this dealer. In February of 17 I asked to be placed on the list for a GT4RS and was told no problem. After the GT3.2 is announced I asked to be switched to the GT3.2 list instead of the GT4RS and again no problem. I told the dealer to take care of his VIP's first and that I was happy to wait for a later allocation as I wanted a manual anyway, I also offered my GT4 as a trade in incentive on the .2 GT3. Late to the party twice and it looks like I have a shot at getting another car at MSRP, outstanding dealership! I also traded in a couple of non P-cars to this dealership always taking a grand or two below market just to help keep the lights on.

PS: Love the color on the GT4, DBM and inquired about PTS on the .2/3 and was told it is available on the 991 but first secure an allocation then get back to us, the PTS window opens in September. Let's see September/October allocation, manual and PTS fingers crossed
And that's how it works in most parts of the US. Not all these dealers are monsters with 5 heads. California is mostly the exception and there're a lot of comments coming from there. It must be the nice driving weather and great roads. It sounds like you'd have to pay MSRP for a Toyota Camry there. If I'd buy a Toyota Camry here I'd make the dealer sweat,he would have to bring a couple of reinforcements to help him out and I'd still get it close to invoice.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:35 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 311 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
I will buy .2 GT3 and if RS is available in MT, I will trade for it.
FWIW, the general consensus is that the RS will not be available in a manual.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:39 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 255 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
FWIW, the general consensus is that the RS will not be available in a manual.
It's all good. I am saving $ if no MT,
Old 03-30-2017, 09:17 AM
JFA65
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Our local Tulsa dealer is outstanding. Forthright, upfront, and transparent. I've been very pleased for years and 4 cars in the last 10 yrs.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:22 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
It's all good. I am saving $ if no MT,
Sent you a PM
Old 03-30-2017, 09:26 AM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 437 Likes on 239 Posts

Dealer called yesterday for deposit for MSRP .2 GT3.
now the .2 RS photos come out.
What to do? Just buy GT3 drive for 6 months and trade back in?
What is everyone else doing?
Old 03-30-2017, 10:18 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

I find it interesting that 'good' dealers are considered to be the ones that cater to 'good' customers who automatically trade-in their (1-2yr old, sub 2k mile) GT car, or any other car, for the newest model. The apparently 'not as good' customers who enjoy their cars for 5yrs or (god forbid!) longer have almost zero chance of spec-ing a new car to their liking unless they pay a 'market' premium to a dealer for the privilege. Instead, they must buy an 'old new' car already spec-ed by a 'good' customer who barely got to drive it. This seems to be the consensus 'kosher' way of allocating GT cars to the masses.

IMO, a pure market system by which ALL available allocations are sold to the highest bidders is both simpler and more honest than this ego-stroking 'relationship' dance with lists which, btw, may be nothing more than compensation for all the ego-busting treatment received from club bouncers while young and stuck in velvet rope lines. As allocations come, just post them on Ebay and let whoever wins spec his own car. If anyone thinks that this would shoot prices to exorbitant levels, think again. After the novelty of the concept wears off, and after a couple of waves where over-eager buyers paying a 100% premium get killed by selling their new cars for half of what they paid for them at the auction, the market will eventually simmer down and converge to the true market price. Works for everything else -- can't see why it wouldn't work for cars.

A market system minimizes the incentives for flippers of both kinds: the 'bad' ones who just buy cars to flip them immediately at a 'market' price and the 'good' ones who buy cars only to trade them in for the next model while lining the dealer's pockets with 'good relationship' $'s. It allows for the longest enjoyment of cars by owners who get to spec them how they want.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:19 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by poofyo101
Dealer called yesterday for deposit for MSRP .2 GT3.
now the .2 RS photos come out.
What to do? Just buy GT3 drive for 6 months and trade back in?
What is everyone else doing?
I'm just going to start flipping cars like Mooty.

It's only money, I'll make more tomorrow.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:23 AM
JFA65
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Our local Tulsa dealer is outstanding. Forthright, upfront, and transparent. I've been very pleased for years and 4 cars in the last 10 yrs.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:51 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Cheap money.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:54 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

^^^ OUCH
Old 03-30-2017, 12:00 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
I find it interesting that 'good' dealers are considered to be the ones that cater to 'good' customers who automatically trade-in their (1-2yr old, sub 2k mile) GT car, or any other car, for the newest model. The apparently 'not as good' customers who enjoy their cars for 5yrs or (god forbid!) longer have almost zero chance of spec-ing a new car to their liking unless they pay a 'market' premium to a dealer for the privilege. Instead, they must buy an 'old new' car already spec-ed by a 'good' customer who barely got to drive it. This seems to be the consensus 'kosher' way of allocating GT cars to the masses.

IMO, a pure market system by which ALL available allocations are sold to the highest bidders is both simpler and more honest than this ego-stroking 'relationship' dance with lists which, btw, may be nothing more than compensation for all the ego-busting treatment received from club bouncers while young and stuck in velvet rope lines. As allocations come, just post them on Ebay and let whoever wins spec his own car. If anyone thinks that this would shoot prices to exorbitant levels, think again. After the novelty of the concept wears off, and after a couple of waves where over-eager buyers paying a 100% premium get killed by selling their new cars for half of what they paid for them at the auction, the market will eventually simmer down and converge to the true market price. Works for everything else -- can't see why it wouldn't work for cars.

A market system minimizes the incentives for flippers of both kinds: the 'bad' ones who just buy cars to flip them immediately at a 'market' price and the 'good' ones who buy cars only to trade them in for the next model while lining the dealer's pockets with 'good relationship' $'s. It allows for the longest enjoyment of cars by owners who get to spec them how they want.
You can't be serious.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:01 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 613 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
that is scary....

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread