Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911R 4 SALE in FL

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 05:39 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So I guess PCNA have seen enough, that's good.
Old 08-26-2016, 05:49 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Bossing
Unobtanium to me but at least I got to examine it in the flesh.... as you guys can see there are more candies in the showroom.

The ropes bring in an extra 50% to any asking price. The "DO NOT TOUCH" sign, another 25%.

Use these marketing tactics on your next FSBO ads.

Last edited by STG; 08-26-2016 at 06:18 PM.
Old 08-26-2016, 05:56 PM
Four Liter
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I was ordering my RS a couple weeks ago the sales manager brought up the R situation and how it pisses him off - especially all the promo stuff they did and including it on the cofigurator when virtually nobody can get one . It's not a dilemma that I had to face , but if I was given the choice between an R and an RS I'd still go with the RS even though I'd rather have a manual box . Maybe for a street car you could actually drive a GTS with the seats would offer most of the appeal .
Old 08-27-2016, 09:23 AM
STG
Race Director

PCNA

YTD 2016 sales thru July 2016 up 2.4% year-over-year (2015 in this case)

YTD 2015 sales thru July 2015 up 10% year-over-year (2014 in this case)

The party is slowing down. Trust me, they're concerned. If sales get worse, they'll be even more worried about these games.

Easy to look the other way when things are flying high, but even they don't want the negative publicity when they're not hitting sales targets.

They'll be courting the "enthusiasts" that have been loyal through thick and thin. One question, how easy do those buyers forget??

Time will tell ....
Old 08-27-2016, 09:40 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Larryf
The owner of the black car has been kicked out of the VIP program for their shenanigans with this R and PCNA is booting any other 918 owner that pulls the stunt. So that should make some on here happy.

How do you know this? After all, the dealer (Penske West Broward) was listing it.

How are sales at that Mall of America sized dealer doing anyway?
Old 08-27-2016, 11:57 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
How do you know this? After all, the dealer (Penske West Broward) was listing it.

I've lived in South Florida for 20+ years. It's a latest, greatest, newest, biggest type of market. They are just another dealer that sells cars, that's it. Kind of like wrapping a crack ***** in a hot girls body, for now. Eventually it all just becomes normal. As most local dealers do, they will become too good for everyone and the demise will slowly begin.

Rewind a dozen or so years ago to when The Collection was new and revitalized. It was the biggest, best, tallest Porsche dealer around. Free espressos and bottled water for everyone. Now you have to be sitting in the F&I office to get offered a glass of Hialeah's finest tap water. The building is slowly disintegrating into the ground. Most of their business is derived from foreign nationals who have no real perception of what things cost here. If a 911 Turbo costs $350K in Brasil, Chile or Peru then you're definitely getting a "deal" here at MSRP+.

I'm not trying to be negative but I know the areas well. It's all fine until they build another Super Dealer in WPB or even Miami...
Old 08-27-2016, 06:40 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

shame on all those involved in selling this car. PCNA should pull allocations and give them Panameras and Cayennes only for a year. The 911R was the greatest gift PAG can give you, to sell it for money? its like if a hot teacher gives you sex/nekkid pics in HS and you tell everyone and get her fired/arrested.
Old 08-27-2016, 06:55 PM
Larryf
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG

From the man who heads the program.................
Old 08-27-2016, 07:08 PM
STG
Race Director

From the man who heads the program.................
You should tell him the program has many flaws ..... I'm sure he'll be happy to take on another position once the VIP program expires.
Old 08-27-2016, 09:58 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 521 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
You should tell him the program has many flaws ..... I'm sure he'll be happy to take on another position once the VIP program expires.
What flaws? The program is working as it was intended. Those that abused their 1st dib privilege got kicked out immediately.
Old 08-27-2016, 11:05 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
What flaws? The program is working as it was intended. Those that abused their 1st dib privilege got kicked out immediately.
If the amount of RS's out there reflect that, the VIP club must be a very small one by now They might all fit in a few Panamera's.
Old 08-28-2016, 02:23 AM
Larryf
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG
If the amount of RS's out there reflect that, the VIP club must be a very small one by now They might all fit in a few Panamera's.
Hate to disappoint you but selling RS's isn't on their radar nor does it bother PCNA as there were plenty to go around. The R is a different story.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:58 AM
STG
Race Director

Hate to disappoint you but selling RS's isn't on their radar nor does it bother PCNA as there were plenty to go around. The R is a different story.
"The R is a different story" ???

Please enlighten us with your insight .....

If the RS drama doesn't bother PCNA one bit, then that's a slap in the face to any of their long time loyal buyers. "Plenty to go around"? Yes there are plenty. Plenty sitting with dealers being held hostage.

But then again, PCNA is more concerned about the bread and butter models. Next quarters sales are more important than some long time enthusiast. The the next Panamera or 4cy Macan buyer trumps them.
Old 08-28-2016, 11:14 AM
Larryf
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG
"The R is a different story" ???

Please enlighten us with your insight .....

If the RS drama doesn't bother PCNA one bit, then that's a slap in the face to any of their long time loyal buyers. "Plenty to go around"? Yes there are plenty. Plenty sitting with dealers being held hostage.

But then again, PCNA is more concerned about the bread and butter models. Next quarters sales are more important than some long time enthusiast. The the next Panamera or 4cy Macan buyer trumps them.
I'm assuming by your response that you feel that every RS for sale on Cars, Dupont or ebay is a 918 VIP car which is quite an assumption. Don't let your po'd attitude cloud the two issues. Plenty of those that received RS' chose to strike while the money was hot and people were willing to pay up.

This car issue has been going on forever and will continue, you're just pissed that Porsche has now been dragged into the same arena as Ferrari etc. Checked Aperta prices lately on the secondary? That should give you plenty to chirp about!
Old 08-28-2016, 11:23 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 521 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
How many were in the VIP program? 297 cars in the USA and 32 in Canada but many has multiples so not much over 300 between USA and Canada.

How many RS were produced again? Thousands.

How long has it been in production? Since last May, over a year now.

The 918 VIPs didn't hog all the RSs, if you want to bitch about someone flipping the RSs, go blame the dealers. the VIPs only took slightly over 300 RSs, there were many more to go around but the dealers don't want to let them go to any other average Joe at MSRP, they are greedy and hogged the allocations and jacked them up with market adjustments.

Mind you, quite a few dealer principals have 918s and these are the untouchables, Porsche won't dare offend them, dealers are gods in Porsche's eyes. These guys are the one that can flip to their hearts content without consequences all because they are dealers. We normal 918 VIPs don't really like them as they give us a bad name. They are dealers first and VIPs second, so go blame the dealers and not the VIP program. Even without the VIP program these dealers will still hog all the allocations and sell them at market price to gouge YOU and everyone else.

If you can't get an RS, blame the greedy dealers.

Quick Reply: 911R 4 SALE in FL