991 GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 09:57 AM
BK77
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kobalt
From H4mmer:

"got to know something interesting. good news for the rest of the world not so good for US and European customers. apparently, the new GT2 RS has to be delivered and registered in these markets before the end of June of this year. PAG has not confirmed any orders to any of the dealers outside these markets tell date waiting to see how much they can produce and deliver to these market before they can confirm to the rest of the world. It seems that they would not be able to meet their targets to deliver those cars to those markets in time to meet the emissions regulations in those markets and as a result, the surplus cars will be directed to the rest of the world where these regulations are not yet in effect. It is expected very soon that PAG will inform the dealers for those markets to confirm their orders for the GT2 RS. and deliveries to those markets should start from late summer."
? hmmm, I read it a few times and still not sure what I read......lol
Old 02-02-2018, 10:06 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by BK77
? hmmm, I read it a few times and still not sure what I read......lol

I'm guessing: All GT2RS's for Europe and the US must be produced before end of June.

After that all produced GT2RS will go to the rest of the world.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:11 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

If this is true, this is not really good for Europe and USA. While the intent of PORSCHE is to produce as many GT2TS's as possible, it looks like a very narrow window to produce as many GT2RS's as intended.

I hope I do not have to travel to China and import one of their GT2RS.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

I'm guessing: All GT2RS's for Europe and the US must be produced before end of June.

Old 02-02-2018, 10:13 AM
BK77
Pro

That's what I thought.. strange thing is my build date got pushed back to Sept, so either this info is not correct or my dealers info is wrong....
Old 02-02-2018, 10:21 AM
maxt
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 11 Posts

Remember there is a factory shutdown for few months this summer as well....
Old 02-02-2018, 10:25 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

I've got some contradicting info too about this (Europe, not US) but all depends on which info is the freshest and most correct.

Last edited by Kobalt; 02-02-2018 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Added (Europe, not US)
Old 02-02-2018, 10:26 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,353 Likes on 824 Posts

Europe is understandable due to the upcoming new emission requirements. But the US doesn't have those. Therefore including the US makes no sense.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:15 AM
Derek RS
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
If this is true, this is not really good for Europe and USA. While the intent of PORSCHE is to produce as many GT2TS's as possible, it looks like a very narrow window to produce as many GT2RS's as intended.

I hope I do not have to travel to China and import one of their GT2RS.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Why would you pay 700k US dollars for gt2 rs in China and then bring it to the US 😁
Old 02-02-2018, 11:40 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

There are US customers with confirmed orders after June so it is probably Europe only.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:58 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I am not sure if the GT2RS will be limited due to new emissions regulations. I do have an order for a GT2RS. I'm not holding my breath on that until I see a V265 on the order slip. This GT2RS is getting to be more wild than the 911R in terms of scarcity. I surely hope this limited production due to new emissions ruling is simply hearsay and speculation, and not true so people who wants one gets one.

There are brokers who pings us here if we are interested in selling our allocated cars for foreign export. I made that comment with my tongue in cheek just so I can get back the allocations that are siphoned out of USA back here where it belongs.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Derek RS
Why would you pay 700k US dollars for gt2 rs in China and then bring it to the US 😁
Old 02-02-2018, 12:25 PM
BK77
Pro

Originally Posted by Nizer
More Chalk
This is one of the rare few times I think the "cheaper" version looks better ..non WP
Old 02-02-2018, 01:05 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 521 Posts

From H4mmer:

"got to know something interesting. good news for the rest of the world not so good for US and European customers. apparently, the new GT2 RS has to be delivered and registered in these markets before the end of June of this year. PAG has not confirmed any orders to any of the dealers outside these markets tell date waiting to see how much they can produce and deliver to these market before they can confirm to the rest of the world. It seems that they would not be able to meet their targets to deliver those cars to those markets in time to meet the emissions regulations in those markets and as a result, the surplus cars will be directed to the rest of the world where these regulations are not yet in effect. It is expected very soon that PAG will inform the dealers for those markets to confirm their orders for the GT2 RS. and deliveries to those markets should start from late summer."

Not really correct and out dated now.

The part that's still valid is about European cars. Which is why euro cars have priority in production. The US car part is wrong. Porsche initially cancelled all euro delivery from June onwards for all North American GT2RS because of the emission thing. But they did worked that out with the authority (common sense really. US cars doing euro deliveries are not staying in Europe, why ban them?) so the Euro deliveries for North American GT2RS has resumed. As for diverting allocations, it is more likely RoW cars are diverted BACK to Europe or North American, not the other way around.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:12 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 87 Posts

Porsche has known about the emission standards for quite awhile. They could have adjusted the production schedule to produce as many car as they wanted. Not sure what the consternation is about.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:41 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 436 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Not really correct and out dated now.

The part that's still valid is about European cars. Which is why euro cars have priority in production. The US car part is wrong. Porsche initially cancelled all euro delivery from June onwards for all North American GT2RS because of the emission thing. But they did worked that out with the authority (common sense really. US cars doing euro deliveries are not staying in Europe, why ban them?) so the Euro deliveries for North American GT2RS has resumed. As for diverting allocations, it is more likely RoW cars are diverted BACK to Europe or North American, not the other way around.
^wrong to be fair

If you switch a car in EU and drive even for 1 hour
you can be sure it is a certified compliant car

every car has a CoC (Certificate of Conformity)

with that CoC you can (must if intention is to drive)
register the car either with any kind of plates
Old 02-02-2018, 02:02 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,839 Likes on 954 Posts

Looks like Rubystone. Could be photoshop.

Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS