Sponsored by:

Reaction on the street...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 06:46 PM
16'991GT3
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
The only reaction I get has nothing to do with the cars. It's just girls mistaking me for Tom Brady at red lights. It's a rough life but someone has to live it ..............and I'll show myself out

Lol they must be throwing eggs at you and the car since you're out in NYC
Old 03-10-2016, 09:06 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Took the 550i to the BMW dealer today to get a few items addressed. The weather was beautiful so I took the GT3 instead of getting a loaner. I pull up, and get out. A few minutes later a salesman walks out, sees the GT3, stops and stares, and then turns to me and says...

I hate you.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:15 PM
DES GTS
Pro

Received 172 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
Took the 550i to the BMW dealer today to get a few items addressed. The weather was beautiful so I took the GT3 instead of getting a loaner. I pull up, and get out. A few minutes later a salesman walks out, sees the GT3, stops and stares, and then turns to me and says... I hate you.
Priceless!
Old 03-10-2016, 09:23 PM
Just in time
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Took the 550i to the BMW dealer today to get a few items addressed. The weather was beautiful so I took the GT3 instead of getting a loaner. I pull up, and get out. A few minutes later a salesman walks out, sees the GT3, stops and stares, and then turns to me and says...

I hate you.
Similar thing happened to me at the local BMW dealer. Went in the GT3 to pick up my wife's car. As soon as we entered the service area to claim her car half or more of the the salesmen came out the door to eyeball my ride.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:37 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by Just in time
Similar thing happened to me at the local BMW dealer. Went in the GT3 to pick up my wife's car. As soon as we entered the service area to claim her car half or more of the the salesmen came out the door to eyeball my ride.
Yep, lots of respect from the BMW guys. One guy tells me "look, we have some nice cars. Really nice cars. We even have an R8 V10 that is really fun. But..." then he points to the GT3 and says...none of those cars are THAT!
Old 03-10-2016, 10:08 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep, lots of respect from the BMW guys. One guy tells me "look, we have some nice cars. Really nice cars. We even have an R8 V10 that is really fun. But..." then he points to the GT3 and says...none of those cars are THAT!
It's amazing how much respect this car really gets.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:15 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by bronson7
No kidding. It is so easy to sit around watching videos of Fcars, Lambos, P1's etc. and think that somehow the GT3 is ordinary. It is not, and people who are into cars (and those who aren't) get it right away. Most have never even seen one up close. This car just excites people.

The GT3 is just a very, very special car. And we should not forget that.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:21 AM
robmypro
Race Director

This thread could go on forever. But this one was pretty cool.

We head to Estes Park today. Beautiful weather (73) and that means GT3 weather. We pull into a Safeway parking lot and I park as far away as possible. The wife goes inside and I check my emails. All of a sudden a car pulls up and the passenger goes "my god your car is amazing". These were two young guys (20 years old), and they were just so excited to see the car, and learn about it. At one point one of them says "Look at those brakes! I bet they cost more than my car."

The really cool thing about the reactions I keep getting is that people just love seeing it. This car literally makes tons of people happy every time I have it out. The smiles on their faces is just priceless. It totally makes their day, which is completely awesome.

This is the best car ever.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:46 AM
alaint101
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

I posted that not much happens around here (Northeast) when I take out the 3 or the RS. Well, last night was a small exception so I thought I'd share.

So the wife is going to get groceries while I go pick a few cases of wine. And since it's close to 70F and blue skies, why not stretch the RS legs. After all, there's a bit of highway to get there....

As I drive down my driveway to the street, some kid stops his bike and starts taking pics or a video of the RS turning onto the street. "Cool", I thought, someone who appreciates the finer things in life.

I get to the wine store and park, go in, and 5 minutes later, I notice about 20 people outside looking at the beast. "Hmmm, interesting", I thought. A group of mostly young women at that... Too bad I'm married...

I keep shopping and get someone to open the specialty area to get a bit of the good stuff. Two minutes later, I hear that person walking by saying "I think I know who owns that car", to which the other person responds "Yeah? Is it a Ferrari?" "Ferrari?", I thought. Hmmm, can't be real car fans... But it does look pretty special.

So here we have it. Folks in the Northeast with a pulse...
Old 03-12-2016, 10:57 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Porsche, Ferrari, I guess they all look the same to them. lol
Old 03-12-2016, 11:58 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by alaint101
I posted that not much happens around here (Northeast) when I take out the 3 or the RS. Well, last night was a small exception so I thought I'd share.

So the wife is going to get groceries while I go pick a few cases of wine. And since it's close to 70F and blue skies, why not stretch the RS legs. After all, there's a bit of highway to get there....

As I drive down my driveway to the street, some kid stops his bike and starts taking pics or a video of the RS turning onto the street. "Cool", I thought, someone who appreciates the finer things in life.

I get to the wine store and park, go in, and 5 minutes later, I notice about 20 people outside looking at the beast. "Hmmm, interesting", I thought. A group of mostly young women at that... Too bad I'm married...

I keep shopping and get someone to open the specialty area to get a bit of the good stuff. Two minutes later, I hear that person walking by saying "I think I know who owns that car", to which the other person responds "Yeah? Is it a Ferrari?" "Ferrari?", I thought. Hmmm, can't be real car fans... But it does look pretty special.

So here we have it. Folks in the Northeast with a pulse...
Nice. But I don't think people need to be real car fans to recognize how special our cars are. They look at these things and just know "this one is special".

All part of the Porsche ownership experience. I never really knew what they meant by that until I owned one. LOL
Old 03-12-2016, 08:58 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
I'm not surprised, the 991 GT3 along with the 997 GT3 are among the greatest Porsches ever built. I about lost my **** the first time I saw a 991 GT3 last year on the road in my area.
Old 03-13-2016, 04:47 AM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

My fears has been validated. With my GT3 and 997 TT MT, I drive under the radar.

I just took delivery of my Turbo PTS, I drove it 3 miles from pickup to my house, people are putting down their windows and taking pictures.

Confirms the car is interesting.
Attached Images  
Old 03-13-2016, 10:12 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

^^^Two nice shades of blue.
Old 03-13-2016, 11:24 AM
Just in time
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

So its all about the paint?