Hi Chris,

R7 265 and 345 rear
Toe -3 and -2.7 rear
zero toe, 2mm each side rear
Bar middle front and full stiff rear

max wing rear with Gurney and diffuser

left to play with is rake.
Thank you sir.

If these guys are anything like GT4's they are very tunable with rake.

I am still dialing my car in but was curious as I am moving to R7's myself.

I presume you're running with all nannies off right?

- Chris.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:58 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,636 Likes on 759 Posts

All nannies on always.
rake is -13 off the Porsche document and -5 rear.
if I remember right, so check my post a few pages back to be sure.
i think the rear needs to come up a bit to completely kill understeer, but I haven’t tried it yet.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:05 PM
Hams955
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
All nannies on always.
rake is -13 off the Porsche document and -5 rear.
if I remember right, so check my post a few pages back to be sure.
i think the rear needs to come up a bit to completely kill understeer, but I haven’t tried it yet.
Good to know. And no TCS/ESC interference thus far? If not that's fantastic.

- Chris.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:06 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

No, it takes 2-3 laps and the SC warnings go away.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:40 AM
Mika911
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

I got a call from my local OPC that despite earlier rejection, Porsche have agreed to pick up the bill for doing the work to address the rubbing issues. For me, the worst is now on outer front (left) and especially at the Ring it was extreme. Though the OPC have sold a couple dozen cars, they have not dealt with this before as their cars are barely tracked. I am therefore a bit apprehensive about them changing the set-up on the car, given their very limited experience with cars that go on track. I had planned to take the car to Manthey but will at least discuss with my local what they propose to do.

The head mechanic suggested that rolling of the rear arches is no big deal. The bulletin states that it may cause cracks in the paint, so curious how likely that really is. He also reckons bump stops will reduce the issue a lot, but can these have any adverse effect under full load?

Very keen to hear from people on RL what changes are recommended and which are best avoided.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:51 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by Mika911
I got a call from my local OPC that despite earlier rejection, Porsche have agreed to pick up the bill for doing the work to address the rubbing issues. For me, the worst is now on outer front (left) and especially at the Ring it was extreme. Though the OPC have sold a couple dozen cars, they have not dealt with this before as their cars are barely tracked. I am therefore a bit apprehensive about them changing the set-up on the car, given their very limited experience with cars that go on track. I had planned to take the car to Manthey but will at least discuss with my local what they propose to do.

The head mechanic suggested that rolling of the rear arches is no big deal. The bulletin states that it may cause cracks in the paint, so curious how likely that really is. He also reckons bump stops will reduce the issue a lot, but can these have any adverse effect under full load?

Very keen to hear from people on RL what changes are recommended and which are best avoided.
I had the OPC in Koblenz doing the bulletin stuff: Basically one could say that it didn't help.
I later did the Manthey setup and it helped in the front. I still have some (minor) rubbing front right but not as before.
In the rear the tires still was rubbing which lead to I let Manthey role them again. So my rear fenders has been rolled twice.

I can't say that I noticed the bump stops, maybe I'm not sensitive enough...

Cannot say anything about cracks: I looked closely after the rolling but forgot about it after that.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:13 AM
Mika911
Racer

Thanks. There probably isn't any harm in doing it, but if the changes don't have the intended effect it may be a bit pointless. I also actually recently installed a DSC unit. Am a bit curious whether they'd have an issue with that. They seem to wriggle out of every claim at the slightest suggestion of mods, even if those are to address issues with the standard product.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:42 AM
NMM991
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had my dealer do the work outlined in the technical bulletin. No problems, no more rubbing but I am running the OEM suspension setting even though I track the car with Cup2 tires.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:37 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Without rolling, but doing the rest of the Porsche recommended setup, I only had minimal rubbing in front of the rear tires against the edge. It's more the smearing of rubber then actually wearing on the paint.

The fronts have been OK.

Now with the 19" wheels, new setup and bigger ST rotors, the car is much more enjoyable to drive. Of course I need someone to bring wheels to the track or dust off the trailer.

Hopefully I get the car back soon with the new cooling pipe (Had to drop engine), so I can finish setting up the car. We just started fine tuning rake when the car broke..
Old 02-27-2018, 07:55 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Went to Sebring last weekend and the car is fixed and back to its old self.

The only change we made was raising the rear up 3mm and I was surprised the find that it made a good bit of difference in the balance of the car. Overall more grip front without any less grip rear. The car is just such a joy to drive.

Next up; we measured and tried 295 R7 in front and it fits.

Ordered new R7 295 and 345 to test at Sebring.
The outer diameter is the same so no problem with SC or TC are expected.

I think with 295 we may be able to run the front bar full stiff. With 265 it was a bit better in the middle for me.

I'll keep posting.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:52 AM
Mika911
Racer

Just picked the car up after it had its work done to address the rubbing issues. At first I thought the front lift was engaged, but then realised the height is increased significantly. This is primarily due to much thicker suspension struts. Very curious how this will affect the handling....I cannot imagine it will be favourable, but will report back from Portimao in two weeks.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:15 PM
Hams955
Pro

Just picked the car up after it had its work done to address the rubbing issues. At first I thought the front lift was engaged, but then realised the height is increased significantly. This is primarily due to much thicker suspension struts. Very curious how this will affect the handling....I cannot imagine it will be favourable, but will report back from Portimao in two weeks.
These cars are very sensitive to rake. I would imagine if the front is lifted and the rake was not set to factory spec you will notice a difference.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:16 PM
Hams955
Pro

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Went to Sebring last weekend and the car is fixed and back to its old self.

The only change we made was raising the rear up 3mm and I was surprised the find that it made a good bit of difference in the balance of the car. Overall more grip front without any less grip rear. The car is just such a joy to drive.

Next up; we measured and tried 295 R7 in front and it fits.

Ordered new R7 295 and 345 to test at Sebring.
The outer diameter is the same so no problem with SC or TC are expected.

I think with 295 we may be able to run the front bar full stiff. With 265 it was a bit better in the middle for me.

I'll keep posting.
Any update on this?

My Porsche tech wants me to try out this combo as well.

Chris.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:31 PM
Mika911
Racer

Porsche tech also told me I should start considering changing the central locks soon. The car has done 12000km of which probably about half track, so was expecting this. He said I would have to change the wheel too though, which came as a bit of a surprise. He showed me that the backs of the wheels are rubbing off and when that has worn through the contact patches they need changing. Must say I have never had to change wheels on any of my GT3 cars and certainly not so soon. He reckons this wear could be due to putting too little force when changing the wheels and they apply 650 Nm. Has anyone on here had to change wheels yet for that reason. He showed me an internal bulletin which suggests this is a common issue.

Quick Reply: Setup numbers RS