Sponsored by:

Setup numbers RS

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 09:26 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,661 Likes on 772 Posts

A little update.

After looking at the wear of the R7 when I corded the right rear after 4 track days and measuring temps across the Tires we reduced camber.
After that we did 7 sessions and the temps are ideal, as is the wear.

We will be in fine tuning handeling next week.
The 2 open track days with David Murry are ideal for testing.
The car is the funnest, most balanced car I’ve ever driven but we think we can find a few more tenths with reducing high speed, on throttle corner exit understeer.
Plan of attack is possible canards up front but we start with adding a bit of rake.
We put the car as low as it can go in front shaving the splitter, so a few clicks back up in the rear might just do the trick.

Other than that we settled on tire pressures, wing, sway bars and toe settings.

The brakes are just crazy good. Not much pad wear after installing them and the pedal is almost the same even my last session in 80F and brake performace stays the same. I ran another 2.138 on one of the last laps in the session.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:58 AM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Some pictures of Peter in action, pushing it hard coming through Bishops. Keep up the good work, always a pleasure working with you : )

Old 01-26-2018, 12:42 PM
Nick Yoskin
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Peter been offline here lately but man you are rolling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2018, 12:52 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Nick Yoskin
Peter been offline here lately but man you are rolling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nick when are you coming down here? Come on you know you want to, bring Rob with you haha. Open invite to shoot your cars down for us to store and prep for Sebring : )
Old 01-27-2018, 09:13 AM
Nick Yoskin
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AutoQuest Motorsports
Nick when are you coming down here? Come on you know you want to, bring Rob with you haha. Open invite to shoot your cars down for us to store and prep for Sebring : )

I MIGHT JUST DO THAT!

Gator how u diggin the florida weather and job??
Old 01-30-2018, 01:14 AM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Nick Yoskin
I MIGHT JUST DO THAT!

Gator how u diggin the florida weather and job??
Do it, no excuses! Weather is beautiful and the job is a dream. Quite an experience to say the least
Old 02-01-2018, 06:55 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

First hiccup of the @ 26,000 miles.
The coolant line let go, like so:

On the last pass on the front straight I had checked all gauges and all was well.
I passed a few cars on that lap, the video above is from a 911R CUP on a warmup lap going slow and I was driving pretty lazily into T10 and the car slid, so I thought that there maybe fluid on the track or the left rear might be cooked as I was a bit high on PSI and pushing hard, running 2.14's in traffic hoping for a clear lap and a few times I was on pace to do a 2:12 just to run into traffic or a black flag. TBL was 2:125. There was more traffic coming up so T11-15 I was taking it easy and then the light came on.

Anyway, I think it started around T7, it was spraying but I didn't see it in the mirror, it didn't puke out everything until I stopped the car. The CUPR didn't feel anything slippery following me all the way through T16, but he took it extra careful of course..
The light came on in Bishop Bend, I have the video and all gauges looked fine right until they don't, I think the water temps just blinks and goes to max when it senses a problem or sharp increase or whatever.
I completed T15 and T16, put the car in neutral and shut it down as soon as I was straight, still rolling and left ignition back on.
As soon as the car was standing still, it steamed up so much I took my belts off as it looked pretty thick and dark for a few seconds.

When the car "knew" that there was a coolant problem the following happened: Big red screen, "Coolant empty do continue to drive car" Water temp went from OK to pegged with the high temp warning blinking, the AC went on "Max AC".
It took about an hour before that red screen allowed itself to be clicked away and the AC could be changed. I guess all safety measures.
I never restarted the car.
The oil went to 250 while I was sitting waiting for the tow truck, but not over and certainly didn't peg the needle.

I was going out on my baseline setup, the next session I wanted to raise the rear after playing with the sway bars yesterday. Oh well next time.
It was a cool morning, new tires because I corded the right front inside. Sebring drags the right front over the concrete in some fast right hand turns and I was running -3 Camber front.
The rears were getting slower and were only a session or two away from cording but I am now sure that when I don't forget to swap left to right (I forgot), or even better flip tires that 2 weekends is easily doable on 1 set.
The ST rotors and Pagid pads are awesome, really invites you to pound the car! I love my new setup, regret waiting so long. Its not possible to run these lap times after lap 4 on steel brakes.

Hate to miss out on the long 48hours weekend because a $95.00 dollar part

The part is not in the US so trying to get the Germans to ship it today but too late and they have to drop the engine so my weekend is over :-(
Never got my 2:12, but with a clear lap it would have happened, I ran a bunch of 2:13's and even in traffic 2:14's. If there are more pics I'll post them.

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 02-01-2018 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:34 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Here is the actual photo from the failed coolant line.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:47 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

I'm glad it ended well even though one of the great weekends of the year are destroyed for you.

How many miles do you have you on the car now?
Old 02-02-2018, 11:42 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

26,000 I think.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:09 PM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts

Thanks for the heads up on this issue. Scary. So engine is ok?
Old 02-02-2018, 07:40 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

I think so. It didn’t get that hot.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:52 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,225 Likes on 603 Posts

Glad that you are ok!!! One of the benefits of rear engine location is that slipping on your own coolant is less likely. But still, that's some dangerous stuff.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:41 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Thanks Max, yes I felt one slide and I wasn't sure so I took it easy... but into T17 for example could have been ugly..
Old 02-04-2018, 10:25 PM
Hams955
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
A little update.

After looking at the wear of the R7 when I corded the right rear after 4 track days and measuring temps across the Tires we reduced camber.
After that we did 7 sessions and the temps are ideal, as is the wear.

We will be in fine tuning handeling next week.
The 2 open track days with David Murry are ideal for testing.
The car is the funnest, most balanced car I’ve ever driven but we think we can find a few more tenths with reducing high speed, on throttle corner exit understeer.
Plan of attack is possible canards up front but we start with adding a bit of rake.
We put the car as low as it can go in front shaving the splitter, so a few clicks back up in the rear might just do the trick.

Other than that we settled on tire pressures, wing, sway bars and toe settings.

The brakes are just crazy good. Not much pad wear after installing them and the pedal is almost the same even my last session in 80F and brake performace stays the same. I ran another 2.138 on one of the last laps in the session.
Hello sir,

Do you know approximately what camber settings you finalized to even out wear?

Also I was searching back in your thread regarding 19" and R7's; what sizes are you running?

- Chris.

Quick Reply: Setup numbers RS