Sponsored by:

OT: Ford GT

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 08:43 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
I never even got a response. PM'd Raj Nair and he said they would send me a response. Still hoping though and hope Ford does the right thing by me.

However, at this point doesn't seem like it will be returned. I hope I'm wrong though. That would restore my faith.

I have bled Ford Blue for over 25 years. Track a Boss 302 TA3 race car, own many Fords and have been a Shelby fan for ever.

I see many guys with 1 Ford GT or even no FGT with many other makes in their garage and no other Fords get a NFGT. My garage was exclusively Fords and Shelbys as was for over 20 years. Owned by FGT since 2007 and a FGTforum member since 2007. Go figure.

Oh well. Thats life I guess. I guess in the end it came down to 1. Brown nosing and/or 2. access and/or influence and/or internet presence. I'm just a guy who was a loyal Ford enthusiast and worked hard over the years to acquire the Fords I love. Loyalty is clearly not a two way street. Guess that didn't count for much. Lesson learned.

This pic of my Fords was submitted with my application.

Attachment 1076492

Oh, and I use my Fords too.

Attachment 1076493

Do I feel dissed? Yep. But....as my dad woud say "Next". Hell, its only a car.

Still love my Fords and plan to buy a new Raptor. I'm not a "grudge" kinda guy.
Your 20 years of loyalty sadly meant f uck all to FORD, had you whored yourself on social media, now that would have carried some weight.. 20 year, is just not enough
Old 08-02-2016, 08:45 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by indianam3
Dear Keith,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing a Ford GT!

We are thrilled that you share our passion for performance and the all-new Ford GT.

The demand for Ford GT from enthusiasts like you has surpassed our very limited production. Unfortunately, we do not have enough Ford GTs to fulfill your request at this time.

We have confirmed our Ford GT production plans for only two years. However, if additional production is confirmed, your application information will remain in your profile for easy updating.

Meanwhile, we encourage you to stay connected to the latest announcements, news and information through our website: www.fordgt.com.

Thank you, again, for your passion for our all-new supercar.

Regards,

The Ford GT Team
Wow, terrible response, got to love their arrogance!
Old 08-03-2016, 01:00 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by nxfedlt1
I too am disappointed that ford chose the social media aspect over the their advertised intent of the car going to "enthusiasts." It's evident as you and others have shown on the FGT forum that having a youtube channel and instagram account are big factors in the selection. I would have been ok if they had said from the get go, that cars were going to those with the most exposure, and not just those who are original FGT owners that bleed blue. Get ahold of DBK about the lack of email.

RLTW.
magnus got one? he's pop social media.
so how do i set up IG and FB?
maybe they pick me for next GTRS
Old 08-03-2016, 03:10 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,217 Likes on 600 Posts

Crap, if I only knew about this. With 7M followers, I might have had a chance :-)
Old 08-03-2016, 03:25 AM
kingjr9000
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This was posted by DBK on SVT forum: I'm gonna explain this to you in detail right now. This is not conjecture, this is a fact. And before anyone asks, I do not, nor have I ever, worked in any capacity for Ford.

Ford is not a boutique car maker. They are a full line manufacturer that produces products all the way from a $14k Fiesta to a loaded $75k Super Duty ranch truck. They sold 2.6 million cars last year around the world for $140 billion worth of revenue.

What is the point of this information?

Ford does not have one singular constituent group they have to satisfy with this car. They have 3,000+ dealers in the U.S alone. They have suppliers that produce parts for vehicles like the F-series pickup that get produced in volumes measured in the hundreds of thousands. They have motorsport partners that participate with them in racing endeavors across the globe. They have fleet customers that buy vehicles not just by the hundreds or thousands, but in the tens or hundreds of thousands. I put in a little bit of help with Ford putting on the GT owner hospitality at Le Mans, and one of the attendees' companies had purchased a six-figure volume of cars from Ford. It was not a six-figure dollar amount of cars, it was over 100,000 vehicles. They also indicated they would consider a number of "influencers" with large followings that get lots of media exposure. It was clear from the application that all these groups would be considered.

Despite these various constituencies, far and away the largest group of allocations ultimately went to existing GT owners. And when I say this, that doesn't even include GT owners who were allocated a car based on qualifying out of the other categories. The amount of allocations granted to existing GT owners was multiple times higher than the next biggest group. That is not conjecture. That is a fact told to me directly.

With that information in mind, I've counted over 70 Ford GT owners so far who have willingly admitted they were granted a Ford GT on my website, Ford GT Forum. Out of those 70+, I've also counted at least 40 I know who were original owners that have had their car for 10-12 years. You can do the math on what that means for an allocation pool of 500. I've seen a bunch of silly bull**** from uninformed internet clowns claiming Ford just gave cars to celebrities or YouTubers, but I'm not fabricating these people. I know a ton of them personally from 11 years of being deep into Ford GT. Ford told everyone GT owners were going to get priority. They got it. That doesn't mean everyone with a GT was getting an initial 500 allocation. If that was your impression, you aren't great at math.

Shmee in particular getting a car seems to be drawing a lot of attention. Let me start by saying if you think Ford gave Shmee a Focus RS, you don't know **** about Ford Motor Company. You'd be wiser trying to turn water into wine than trying to get a free car out of Ford. I digress. I'm not going to trash the guy. I don't watch his videos, but I met him briefly at Le Mans and he seemed like a decent dude, and I wish I was rolling as hard as he apparently is from getting people to watch his car videos on the net. I can't blame Ford for selling him the car. At all. There are a very small amount of people with that amount of reach, and no matter what else you think of the guy, he shares his cars with the public. I'm too old to be the Shmee target market, but Ford has made no bones about it: they view performance vehicles as a driver in the market for the future with young people, and this is a manifestation of that philosophy.

Additionally, nobody in the US is competing with Shmee for an allocation. He's competing with a small number of UK buyers that applied for a mega dollar LHD car. My initial information says that about 24 cars are going to the UK. Ford sold 101 Ford GTs in Europe in 05/06 and they sent 27 of them to the UK. That's not a big spread of people Shmee was burning an allocation from. He's certainly not screwing anyone in the U.S out of a car, and honestly, he's not screwing anyone at all.

Back to the overall allocation plan. There were 6,506 applicants. At this time, Ford granted 500 initial allocations. If you consider that Ford GT owners were given priority, you need to factor in that they built 4,038 cars in 2005 and 2006. From my own experience with a large number of multiple-GT owners and a small number of truly wiped out cars, I'd estimate maybe 2500 owners of the car. It would appear the vast majority of them applied for the new GT. I was never a math genius, but I recognize the long odds. It was inevitable that some bad *** people, and some serious Ford enthusiasts, were going to be unable to get one of the initial 500 allocations.

I'll also leave you with this. Ford has publicly committed to racing the GT for 4 years. That requires a nine-figure racing budget. You tell me if you think they are going to race the car for 4 years but build it for 2. It absolutely BLOWS MY MIND that people would know this information, see how favorably Ford GT owners were treated in the initial process despite the huge number of people from a diverse array of constituencies they had to satisfy, and then trash the **** out of the company for not granting them one immediately. To me that says getting the car was less about getting the car because you want it, and more about getting one because you want a trophy to say "I'm better than everyone else." I am sincerely disappointed for many people, including many GT owners that I know, that they didn't get one of these 500, but some of the insane crybaby tactics from others are a crazy example of the entitlement some people think comes with a big wallet.

And in the words of Tony Soprano, "you're entitled to ****."

*just an edit to make clear, I am absolutely not applying the above to Treynor. He is a class act that reacted as a reasonable adult would, and I'm sure he'll be feeling terrible driving his LaFerrari or P1 or TdF or Av SV to take his mind off it.*
Old 08-03-2016, 11:33 AM
cwcsvt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kingjr9000
This was posted by DBK on SVT forum: I'm gonna explain this to you in detail right now. This is not conjecture, this is a fact. And before anyone asks, I do not, nor have I ever, worked in any capacity for Ford. Ford is not a boutique car maker. They are a full line manufacturer that produces products all the way from a $14k Fiesta to a loaded $75k Super Duty ranch truck. They sold 2.6 million cars last year around the world for $140 billion worth of revenue. What is the point of this information? Ford does not have one singular constituent group they have to satisfy with this car. They have 3,000+ dealers in the U.S alone. They have suppliers that produce parts for vehicles like the F-series pickup that get produced in volumes measured in the hundreds of thousands. They have motorsport partners that participate with them in racing endeavors across the globe. They have fleet customers that buy vehicles not just by the hundreds or thousands, but in the tens or hundreds of thousands. I put in a little bit of help with Ford putting on the GT owner hospitality at Le Mans, and one of the attendees' companies had purchased a six-figure volume of cars from Ford. It was not a six-figure dollar amount of cars, it was over 100,000 vehicles. They also indicated they would consider a number of "influencers" with large followings that get lots of media exposure. It was clear from the application that all these groups would be considered. Despite these various constituencies, far and away the largest group of allocations ultimately went to existing GT owners. And when I say this, that doesn't even include GT owners who were allocated a car based on qualifying out of the other categories. The amount of allocations granted to existing GT owners was multiple times higher than the next biggest group. That is not conjecture. That is a fact told to me directly. With that information in mind, I've counted over 70 Ford GT owners so far who have willingly admitted they were granted a Ford GT on my website, Ford GT Forum. Out of those 70+, I've also counted at least 40 I know who were original owners that have had their car for 10-12 years. You can do the math on what that means for an allocation pool of 500. I've seen a bunch of silly bull**** from uninformed internet clowns claiming Ford just gave cars to celebrities or YouTubers, but I'm not fabricating these people. I know a ton of them personally from 11 years of being deep into Ford GT. Ford told everyone GT owners were going to get priority. They got it. That doesn't mean everyone with a GT was getting an initial 500 allocation. If that was your impression, you aren't great at math. Shmee in particular getting a car seems to be drawing a lot of attention. Let me start by saying if you think Ford gave Shmee a Focus RS, you don't know **** about Ford Motor Company. You'd be wiser trying to turn water into wine than trying to get a free car out of Ford. I digress. I'm not going to trash the guy. I don't watch his videos, but I met him briefly at Le Mans and he seemed like a decent dude, and I wish I was rolling as hard as he apparently is from getting people to watch his car videos on the net. I can't blame Ford for selling him the car. At all. There are a very small amount of people with that amount of reach, and no matter what else you think of the guy, he shares his cars with the public. I'm too old to be the Shmee target market, but Ford has made no bones about it: they view performance vehicles as a driver in the market for the future with young people, and this is a manifestation of that philosophy. Additionally, nobody in the US is competing with Shmee for an allocation. He's competing with a small number of UK buyers that applied for a mega dollar LHD car. My initial information says that about 24 cars are going to the UK. Ford sold 101 Ford GTs in Europe in 05/06 and they sent 27 of them to the UK. That's not a big spread of people Shmee was burning an allocation from. He's certainly not screwing anyone in the U.S out of a car, and honestly, he's not screwing anyone at all. Back to the overall allocation plan. There were 6,506 applicants. At this time, Ford granted 500 initial allocations. If you consider that Ford GT owners were given priority, you need to factor in that they built 4,038 cars in 2005 and 2006. From my own experience with a large number of multiple-GT owners and a small number of truly wiped out cars, I'd estimate maybe 2500 owners of the car. It would appear the vast majority of them applied for the new GT. I was never a math genius, but I recognize the long odds. It was inevitable that some bad *** people, and some serious Ford enthusiasts, were going to be unable to get one of the initial 500 allocations. I'll also leave you with this. Ford has publicly committed to racing the GT for 4 years. That requires a nine-figure racing budget. You tell me if you think they are going to race the car for 4 years but build it for 2. It absolutely BLOWS MY MIND that people would know this information, see how favorably Ford GT owners were treated in the initial process despite the huge number of people from a diverse array of constituencies they had to satisfy, and then trash the **** out of the company for not granting them one immediately. To me that says getting the car was less about getting the car because you want it, and more about getting one because you want a trophy to say "I'm better than everyone else." I am sincerely disappointed for many people, including many GT owners that I know, that they didn't get one of these 500, but some of the insane crybaby tactics from others are a crazy example of the entitlement some people think comes with a big wallet. And in the words of Tony Soprano, "you're entitled to ****." *just an edit to make clear, I am absolutely not applying the above to Treynor. He is a class act that reacted as a reasonable adult would, and I'm sure he'll be feeling terrible driving his LaFerrari or P1 or TdF or Av SV to take his mind off it.*

Very well stated. As a customer that has spent well into the 7 figures for Ford Trucks I am disappointed, but I understand Ford runs a business that has been successful for many reasons. They took not a dime through the bail out, they consistently produce great vehicles, they have treated me well with every vehicle I have ever bought. As disappointed as I am in not getting one, I understand there is a much larger picture that most of us don't ever see. My hope is still that I can get one through someone else not pulling the trigger when it needs to be pulled. People often lash out when they don't get what they want, but let's be mature about this, Ford is at the top for a reason, they build great vehicles and they continue to be the leader of the American manufacturers. Kudos to them for putting their ***** out there and spending the kind of money they did to develop a car to crush the competition. The Ford GT will likely be the a car that will appreciate more than any other mass produced car ever built. Great job Ford! Keep up the good work!

Signed, the guy who did NOT get a GT allocation, but will still be buying Ford trucks as long as they are for sale.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:56 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 359 Likes on 216 Posts

Some need to get out more...
Old 08-03-2016, 12:22 PM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 110 Posts

I didn't see this posted but it's a interesting video

Old 08-03-2016, 04:48 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 814 Likes on 428 Posts

Got my official "Dear John" email today.

Disappointed. Yup. Feel a little slighted. Yup.

Oh, well. Next. Its just a car.

Besides, I still have an 2005 FGT, '12 Boss 302 LS, '13 Boss 302 Trans Am TA3 race car and 991GT3RS in the garage. Its not all bad. Blessed and fortunate. Can't lose site of the positive.

Still bleed Ford blue though. Not a grudge holder. Will be ordering a new 2017 Raptor!

Color suggestions?
Old 08-03-2016, 04:51 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

@Waxer ....2017 Raptor.... how about Avalanche Gray?

I like AG on my GT350.... reminds me a bit of PTS Fashion Gray (one of my favs) but not as pastel/creamy. Pics don't do these colors enough justice but here's an example:

Old 08-03-2016, 04:54 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Got my official "Dear John" email today.

Disappointed. Yup. Feel a little slighted. Yup.

Oh, well. Next. Its just a car.

Besides, I still have an 2005 FGT, '12 Boss 302 LS, '13 Boss 302 Trans Am TA3 race car and 991GT3RS in the garage. Its not all bad. Blessed and fortunate. Can't lose site of the positive.

Still bleed Ford blue though. Not a grudge holder. Will be ordering a new 2017 Raptor!

Color suggestions?
Great attitude. Awesome collection. Dare I suggest this for your next Raptor.

In all seriousness, although it's a bit cliché, I think the Raptor looks great all blacked out…T
Attached Images  
Old 08-03-2016, 07:26 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 814 Likes on 428 Posts

Good suggetions guys. Love the Gray!

Old 08-03-2016, 07:47 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

AG is gorgeous! I had my car parked next to one at a rally race and had to walk around it a few times. Would love to have a 350r in that color.

Sorry about the NFGT letter, you're the type of guy I was rooting for to end up with them.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:56 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,062 Likes on 581 Posts

I have avalanche on my GT350R and love it.

like an F16
Old 08-05-2016, 12:17 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 494 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Igooz
...I will be at Ford next Tuesday regarding my confirmed '17GT350R and my TBD GT.
I was in Dearborn on Tuesday this week at Ford HQ. Nice day, great weather in Detroit. Never been there before...Unassuming lobby holding 2 regular Mustangs and a couple of other boring cars...met some nice folks. Even though I have many Porsches and love the 911 and PAG has always been good to me;, I am really biased towards Ford and proud to be an American. Great people...wish them lots of success. I think that at MSRP the GT350R and the GT will be financial losers for them. I am all set with my 2 cars and will post pictures in the near future!

... Just perplexed I haven't heard anything. Maybe they lost my applicatoin?????

Waxer, Please see your PM...

Quick Reply: OT: Ford GT