Sponsored by:

RS Ebay Prices Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 09:23 PM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
IF i was a dealer I would be trying to move the inventory as fast as possible- if going rate was 100k over I'd sell them for less. Hell I'd even throw in some free gear from Selection- why? The RS is potentially the most valuable car to have in service for your store. REAL RS INTENDED USE is really hard on tires and brakes and fluids, and last time I checked service is a very profitable business. Gouging a guy for 115k over just ensures you won't see him again, he will feel like he has to put ointment on his rear after and only way to protect himself is to park and diaper the car also. So dumb. So shortsighted. Sell the car fast, make customers happy, then they use it. When they use it, they service it. Then they are happy. And you are happy.
I respectfully disagree...
My dealer sold 2 rs at msrp that were immediately flipped for $$. He'll never see those cars in his service department. Where does that fit in the scheme of things?
Old 01-31-2016, 09:28 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by lumber
I respectfully disagree...
My dealer sold 2 rs at msrp that were immediately flipped for $$. He'll never see those cars in his service department. Where does that fit in the scheme of things?
No, you don't understand. When people resell above MSRP, it's called capitalism. When a dealer does it, it's called stealing. Get with the program.
Old 01-31-2016, 09:41 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,243 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
No, you don't understand. When people resell above MSRP, it's called capitalism. When a dealer does it, it's called stealing. Get with the program.
Lol
Old 01-31-2016, 09:56 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I respectfully disagree... My dealer sold 2 rs at msrp that were immediately flipped for $$. He'll never see those cars in his service department. Where does that fit in the scheme of things?
Sorry lumber but my goal would be to keep the best customers. If my customers treat me like crap I'm not inclined to keep them as a priority vs other customers that want to be in the happy place. That is his fault for selling to clowns.

Counterpoint- he might have had them sign first refusal papers, and they had offers he could not match.
Old 01-31-2016, 10:06 PM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Picked up my MSRP LO RS this week. Dealership GM tells me he thinks 1400 total ww production. Who knows. If true, good for long term value.

Oh and the car is bonkers loving it
Old 01-31-2016, 10:27 PM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry lumber but my goal would be to keep the best customers. If my customers treat me like crap I'm not inclined to keep them as a priority vs other customers that want to be in the happy place. That is his fault for selling to clowns. Counterpoint- he might have had them sign first refusal papers, and they had offers he could not match.
He doesn't care. These guys buy 10 cars a year from him.

And aren't we all clowns? At what point does a buyer go from an appreciative enthusiast to an unappreciative flipper? 1 month? 1 year? after driving a 675LT and realizing it's better?
I'm getting my rs at msrp. I have my doubts that it will be a better car on the road than the gt4. Should I feel bad if I go to sell it?

I guess I hate hypocrisy. Why should I tell a dealer what to do when I sure as hell don't want him telling me what I can do.
Old 01-31-2016, 10:48 PM
T-Mac
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoopumpers
Picked up my MSRP LO RS this week. Dealership GM tells me he thinks 1400 total ww production. Who knows. If true, good for long term value.

Oh and the car is bonkers loving it
What area are you in? Did you order your RS or was it one the dealer ordered and you bought? Just wondering because I have a build due to me about May and it is over MSRP.
Old 01-31-2016, 10:54 PM
Gef3rd
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by easy888
Is your 675LT yellow? I saw one driving in the area. Can't imagine there's too many in our neighborhood. Would love to chat with you as I am considering my first Mclaren soon.
No. There was a yellow one at McLaren BH but I opted for black. My wife shot the yellow one down when I sent her a picture and the response was "wrong color". The black one I found at their Scottsdale store. The yellow one was sold to a gentleman in Alabama. There's also a green one on the hill along with a special order blue that's owned by somebody out of the area.

Are you going to the car show next Saturday at Peninsula Center? I could bring it by if you want to check it out. Otherwise shoot me a pm and would be happy to meet up.
Attached Images      

Last edited by Gef3rd; 02-01-2016 at 12:10 AM.
Old 01-31-2016, 11:08 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 654 Likes on 293 Posts

I think Porsche is paying close attention to what people are willing to pay for the limited production RS. That way they can set a record msrp for the new gen RS. Just like ford doubling msrp for the drastically changed GT to $400k+. Porsche is after all one of the leaders for high margin vehicles.

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
^ I do not think Porsche cares because the Dealers/Spec. have bought them so they just look the other way. Agree, not good for enthusiasts as Dealers and Speculators are are playing the waiting game. Who blinks first will be interesting I call this the "Mexican Stand-off". But since it looks like this is a one-year run and it will be a couple of years for the new iteration; these cars will go for a premium, for certain but how much??- stay tuned
Old 01-31-2016, 11:26 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 159 Posts

I have thought about selling mine, but I enjoy it and won't get another one at MSRP. Also I would end up on the dealers you know what list.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:15 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
I have thought about selling mine, but I enjoy it and won't get another one at MSRP. Also I would end up on the dealers you know what list.

This^

I was offered 911R! Not my kind of car. Probably great. But, never crossed my mind to buy and flip because I know chances of getting my next dream car would be gone.

And those that say Porsche don't care about that 30+ RS sits as gambling tokens are wrong. Like CJ said they want these cars on the road and track.

One thing they probably regret is making more 918 than they could sell. That's what created this situation. First 290RS went to the VIP program. A lot of those are sitting at a select few dealers.
Nothing to say about that. It is what it is. But, I have a big issue when dealers have long list of buyers and spec an RS allocation to themself instead of letting a customer do it.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:38 AM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by T-Mac
What area are you in? Did you order your RS or was it one the dealer ordered and you bought? Just wondering because I have a build due to me about May and it is over MSRP.
SoCal. I spec'd and ordered it. Been on a list for 2 yrs.
Old 02-01-2016, 01:40 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

He doesn't care. These guys buy 10 cars a year from him. And aren't we all clowns? At what point does a buyer go from an appreciative enthusiast to an unappreciative flipper? 1 month? 1 year? after driving a 675LT and realizing it's better? I'm getting my rs at msrp. I have my doubts that it will be a better car on the road than the gt4. Should I feel bad if I go to sell it? I guess I hate hypocrisy. Why should I tell a dealer what to do when I sure as hell don't want him telling me what I can do.
The 675LT is completely a better car than the 991RS- but it does come with a realistic sticker of 385k without wacky options. The RS should cost 200k and that has been the reason why I don't have one...not gonna pay 300k for it. I think the 150k GT3 is a great bargain.

My whole point about the dealer side is that my goal one day is to be a P dealer and my focus will always remain on customer relationships and overall sense of community with the store. I couldn't sleep at night if I was one of the dealers that people constantly harangue on here for being d bags.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:20 AM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The RS should cost 200k and that has been the reason why I don't have one...not gonna pay 300k for it. I think the 150k GT3 is a great bargain.
+1... As I just posted on another thread, I'm just trying to figure out the value proposition of the RS... If a regular GT3 with exhaust and the right tires can keep up with the RS on the track, and sounds just as good as (if not better than) an RS, then maybe I'd be better off just getting GT3 and being done with it. Other than looks and exclusivity, what other value is the RS bringing over a regular GT3 that has been prepped just a bit?
Old 02-01-2016, 02:49 AM
easy888
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gef3rd
No. There was a yellow one at McLaren BH but I opted for black. My wife shot the yellow one down when I sent her a picture and the response was "wrong color". The black one I found at their Scottsdale store. The yellow one was sold to a gentleman in Alabama. There's also a green one on the hill along with a special order blue that's owned by somebody out of the area.

Are you going to the car show next Saturday at Peninsula Center? I could bring it by if you want to check it out. Otherwise shoot me a pm and would be happy to meet up.
PM sent.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: RS Ebay Prices Thread